Which of these coaches would you want?

Bengals Head Coach in 2018 ...  

24 members have voted

1. 1. If you HAD to choose from these options which head coach would you want next season for the Bengals?

• Marvin Lewis
    • Paul Gunther
    • Jay Gruden
    • Hue Jackson
    • Darrin Simmons
    • Paul Alexander

Yeah, I'd take Marvin back.  It doesn't make since to get rid of a coach if a better one isn't available or there's someone you think is young and upcoming.  At the very least we should only let Marvin go if an up and coming young coordinator is available and hope we hit the jackpot.  

Out of those I picked Guenther. He's a little younger than Marvin, will have different ideas on how to run the team than him, is familiar with ownership/players, is the most likely to get hired by another team out of all our assistants as an HC if we don't promote him and he has led a couple good defensive efforts in his time here as DC. 

But I don't really want any of those guys, including Marvin.

Alexander.

And it’s not even close.

We all know he’s been laying an egg at position because he’s mad that he hasn’t been given his shot yet. Zamp’s promotion was the last straw.

He’s like an ill-behaved, under-achieving middle schooler who just isn’t being “properly challenged.”

3 hours ago, BengalsFREAK said:

None of the above. We really missed the boat with Mike Zimmer a few years ago.  I'm not even sure who I'd get excited about these days.  

Agreed.

And, how plainly clear this was to such an incredibly large number of fans while it went unheeded by ownership is the incredible part. The lack of a cogent plan is absolutely unacceptable at this point in the game.

The thing that is already irritating me right now is that we should either be solidly focused on our top three candidates and have interviews completed or scheduled (depending on their availability), or Marvin should know he’s back and what the parameters are of his retention.

Additionally, assuming Marvin returns, our assistants should be negotiating their deals in the next couple days. Instead we have an apparently bungling front office, not making assertive decisions, leaving an entire staff in the lurch. This is what makes people RUN THE FUCK AWAY. All the work that, and you have to actually give credit where it’s due, Marvin did to change the culture of this franchise, in the blink of an eye, a single week of indecision and idiocy will likely go a long way in reversing that.

If I’m Marvin, I’m taking that into account as much as any measure of increased autonomy that might be on the table.

Ugh, this smells worse by the hour.

Archived