Coaching Staff Changes

On 12/29/2017 at 11:07 AM, SF2 said:

Or you could just light up a joint and listen to AC/DC.

Medically speaking, if I were to light up a a duly prescribed marijuana cigarette, I would first secure a pizza, a bottle of wine, a set of quality headphones and a library of Pink Floyd's works, then the lights would go out as I nestled into my beanbag chair.  I, however, certainly do not condone or encourage illicit drug use.  :dance:

6 hours ago, schotzee said:

Why isn't Urban Meyer's name ever thrown out there. He's a big time big game coach.

5 hours ago, Rick said:

I don’t know too much about Meyer. However, my gut feeling has always been the players would not believe and respect him as an nfl coach. 

BUT, I think he would be able to make better halftime changes, unlike the current Bengal coaches.

5 hours ago, schotzee said:

You may be right in this aspect, but damn, this guy has one of the best college coaching resumes I have ever seen with 4 different universities no less.

Urban is a Bengals fan as well.  But I think Ohio State is his "dream job".  I don't think he would leave OSU. But I'd certainly talk to him and find out.

1 minute ago, Jason said:

Urban is a Bengals fan as well.  But I think Ohio State is his "dream job".  I don't think he would leave OSU. But I'd certainly talk to him and find out.

Haven't really followed Meyer or OSU that closely, but from his time with Utah & Florida I'm not sure his offensive philosophy is that well suited to the NFL game.  I'd say he perfectly situated where he is and it's probably one of those "If it ain't broke..." situations.

4 minutes ago, Jason said:

Wow. Did not know he was a Bengals fan as well. I'm with you. If I was Mike Brown , I would be talking to him.

1 hour ago, snarkster said:

Haven't really followed Meyer or OSU that closely, but from his time with Utah & Florida I'm not sure his offensive philosophy is that well suited to the NFL game.  I'd say he perfectly situated where he is and it's probably one of those "If it ain't broke..." situations.

He runs a run heavy read option spread, which doesn't really translate to the NFL.  But if he hired an OC to run the offense, he would be skilled as a game manager and would be very involved in special teams.

I have been as vocal as anyone about the need for a change, but I'll be the first to admit that if they go with any "in the family" option other than Zimmer, it probably won't mean any improvement over Marvin and will probably be a step backwards (especially if Alexander is retained).  Gotta feeling that early this week there will be a lot of "careful what you wish for."  I still strongly believe a change is needed, but have little faith in the Browns making the right change.

59 minutes ago, MichaelWeston said:

Del rio out

I would love to have Jack Del Rio here. It's not his fault that Derek Carr broke his leg after they were storming the field on offense last season, and the fact that Carr just wasn't quite right this season either. Jesus, the guy had two playoff appearances in three seasons and you fire him? After just signing a four year extension? The Raiders (and the Davis family) are just way too impatient with their coaches...just like they did to Hue Jackson.

34 minutes ago, Montana Bengal said:

Oh no....please no. Not another year of Marvin ball. I just can't take it anymore.

5 hours ago, Bunghole said:

I would love to have Jack Del Rio here. It's not his fault that Derek Carr broke his leg after they were storming the field on offense last season, and the fact that Carr just wasn't quite right this season either. Jesus, the guy had two playoff appearances in three seasons and you fire him? After just signing a four year extension? The Raiders (and the Davis family) are just way too impatient with their coaches...just like they did to Hue Jackson.

Oh no....please no. Not another year of Marvin ball. I just can't take it anymore.

One more year one more year!:2rave:

36 minutes ago, Numbers said:

Money talks.   Making around 4.5 million a year, Marvin probably wants 5.  For 5, I think we can do a hell of a lot better... 

I'm not sure I believe its about Money, I think Marvin is lobbying for more than that

Problem is he isnt doing it from a position of strength with having 2 seasons out of the playoffs and a losing record and the worst O in football statistically speaking.

Archived