Coaching Staff Changes

24 minutes ago, Bunghole said:

Yeah, Michael, maybe. But not ALL of them are interviewing for THE BENGALS. And that's if ANYONE even is if MArvin comes back.

I have no idea what you are talking about. That is a list of who is interviewing at other teams. The chart is pretty clear that no one is interviewing with the Bengals. 

1 hour ago, MichaelWeston said:

That's literally a list of people interviewing. Why would I make it up?

No it is not.  It is a list of "possible candidates" not "people interviewing".

There have been lists of "possible candidates" like this posted regarding the Bengals also.

53 minutes ago, fredtoast said:

No it is not.  It is a list of "possible candidates" not "people interviewing".

There have been lists of "possible candidates" like this posted regarding the Bengals also.

What in the world are you two talking about. Those are the lists of people interviewing for those jobs. 

I am really confused why this has been confusing. Interviews/interview requests are being reported all over twitter and beyond. As they get reported I am putting them in a spreadsheet. This is the list so far. 

Bears John DeFelipo, Pat Shurmur, Josh McDaniels
Bengals  
Colts Kris Richard, Josh McDaniels, Matt Nagy, Steve Wilks, Mike Vrabel
Giants Matt Patricia, Josh McDaniels, Jim Schwartz, Eric Studesville, Steve Wilks
Lions Matt Patricia, Mike Vrabel, Pat Shurmur, Winston Moss, Teryl Austin, Steve Wilks
Raiders JOHN GRUDEN
Cardinals Pat Shurmur, Matt Patricia, Brian Flores, Mike Munchack, John DeFelipo

28 minutes ago, MichaelWeston said:

I am really confused why this has been confusing. Interviews/interview requests are being reported all over twitter and beyond. As they get reported I am putting them in a spreadsheet. This is the list so far. 

Bengals  
Giants Matt Patricia, Josh McDaniels, Jim Schwartz, Eric Studesville, Steve Wilks
Lions Matt Patricia, Mike Vrabel, Pat Shurmur, Winston Moss, Teryl Austin, Steve Wilks
Raiders JOHN GRUDEN
Cardinals Pat Shurmur, Matt Patricia, Brian Flores, Mike Munchack, John DeFelipo

28 minutes ago, MichaelWeston said:

Bengals Marvin Lewis

6 minutes ago, T-Dub said:

:Why-min:

Happy now?:smoke:

update with some dates

Bears John DeFelipo (1/5), Pat Shurmur, Josh McDaniels
Bengals  
Lions Matt Patricia, Mike Vrabel (1/3), Pat Shurmur, Winston Moss (1/2), Teryl Austin (1/2), Steve Wilks
Raiders JOHN GRUDEN
Cardinals Pat Shurmur, Matt Patricia, Brian Flores, Mike Munchack, John DeFelipo (1/6)

1 minute ago, MichaelWeston said:

update with some dates

Bears John DeFelipo (1/5), Pat Shurmur, Josh McDaniels
Bengals  
Lions Matt Patricia, Mike Vrabel (1/3), Pat Shurmur, Winston Moss (1/2), Teryl Austin (1/2), Steve Wilks
Raiders JOHN GRUDEN
Cardinals Pat Shurmur, Matt Patricia, Brian Flores, Mike Munchack, John DeFelipo (1/6)

Reich has no scheduled interviews reported? Interesting.

1 minute ago, schotzee said:

Reich has no scheduled interviews reported? Interesting.

I've heard nothing. Seems weird that he was leapfrogged in a sense to his QB coach. Nothing from Carmichael either. 

With Reich and Richard as my top 2 it seems they might be available even if Marvin decides in a month. 

4 hours ago, fredtoast said:

I have been a fan since before you were born.  I also know exactly how Mike Brown works.  And even I am surprised that they are considering bringing Marvin back.

I'm not.  Mike values loyalty.  Mike has a good relationship with Marvin.  I think Mike sees this as contemplating a divorce after 15 years.

5 minutes ago, MichaelWeston said:

I've heard nothing. Seems weird that he was leapfrogged in a sense to his QB coach. Nothing from Carmichael either. 

With Reich and Richard as my top 2 it seems they might be available even if Marvin decides in a month. 

Yeah, I think there will still be available worthy options for some time yet. We obviously weren't getting Gruden anyway.

Coaches off the teams that have been fired that might be available for OC opening or potential DC opening if Guenther goes to a Gruden. 

OC Harold Goodwin Cards, Jim Bob Cooter Lions, Rob Chudzinski Colts
QB Brian Schottenheimer Colts
RB  
WR Zach Azzani Bears
TE  
OL Mike Solari Giants, Mike Tice Raiders

ST  

DC Steve Spagnuolo Giants, Teryl Austin Lions, Jack Del Rio Raiders, Chuck Pagano Colts

2 hours ago, MichaelWeston said:

Bengals  
Raiders JOHN GRUDEN

So when is winston moss interviewing with the Lions?

4 minutes ago, fredtoast said:

I don't know why you're being such an asshole about this (just kidding, I do).

Teams have to put in a request for these interviews of guys who are employed, there aren't exact dates yet for some but a simple Google search will show the accuracy of Weston's spreadsheet. Dunno why he's taking so much flak for it, he's just compiling a list of what's being reported by the media.

The more I think about this, the more I would be okay with Marvin coming back.  Not super excited about in house possibilities.

I keep trying to be positive and focus on Marvin getting them to change things for the better.  I'm not sure how much the family is willing to change, but I think he has a good enough relationship that he has made progress. (*It may not be enough or fast enough, but I'm not sure other coaches would be able to make things happen). 

I am interested to see what does change if he comes back.

1 hour ago, fredtoast said:

Today- Or  guess maybe tomorrow depending on what he means by "will follow him"

The #Lions are interviewing defensive coordinator Teryl Austin for their vacant head-coaching position today. ... #Packers assistant head coach Winston Moss will follow him.

1 hour ago, omgdrdoom said:

I don't know why you're being such an asshole about this (just kidding, I do).

Teams have to put in a request for these interviews of guys who are employed, there aren't exact dates yet for some but a simple Google search will show the accuracy of Weston's spreadsheet. Dunno why he's taking so much flak for it, he's just compiling a list of what's being reported by the media.

How do you embed the tweet so beautifully?

I apologize to Weston if all of these guys really are interviewing.  When I first searched the topic most of these coaches he listed were just "possible candidates".  I did not see where all of them were definitely interviewing.

Archived