Coaching Staff Changes

KI3kXGBR_bigger.jpgTom PelisseroVerified account @TomPelissero

Discussions are heating up today between Marvin Lewis and the #Bengals for him to return as head coach in 2018, sources tell @rapsheet and me. Nothing done. Lot of moving parts and other discussions. But they are working on it.

Who knows where they are at.

1 minute ago, CincyInDC said:

Make popcorn and enjoy the meltdowns. 

Well I think i will! The big question is who stays with him! Does the OC job stay with Bill L. and does Paul G. leave for a HC job himself, or leave to coach the Raiders with Jon G? I guess AJM is out and Jon Ross never sees the field. (LOL) However, i do believe the man wants to win! So lets see what happens, for me all it means is that i have to put my "fire Marvin" shirt away for another year!

Proactively creating this because it sounds like there will be changes.  I'll try to keep it updated.  Feel free to add if you see something new.

• Head Coach: Marvin Lewis
  • Offensive Coordinator: Bill Lazor
  • QBs Coach:
  • RBs Coach: Kyle Caskey
  • WRs Coach: Bob Bicknell 
  • TEs Coach: Jonathan Hayes
  • OL coach:

• STs Coordinator: Darrin Simmons
  • Defensive Coordinator:  Teryl Austin
  • DL Coach: Jacob Burney
  • LB Coach: Jim Haslett
  • DB Coach: Kevin Coyle
  • Secondary Coach: Robert Livingston (?)

Out

1 minute ago, Madieu Superstar said:

I’m sure it will be Del Rio who replaces him. I don’t like him either. 

Paul Guenther, with no contract for 2018, could leave the organization and city he’s called home for 13 years.

The Enquirer learned via a league source he is considered a top candidate to be Jon Gruden's defensive coordinator in Oakland if and when Gruden is hired by Raiders owner Mark Davis.

Prior to this season, the Bengals blocked Guenther from leaving his position as defensive coordinator to hold the same title in Washington with Jay Gruden, but now with no contract in hand – Guenther is hoping this next step can better position him to fulfill that head coaching dream in the future.

Since taking over for Mike Zimmer as Marvin Lewis’ defensive coordinator in 2014, the Bengals have had two, top-10 scoring defenses in scoring and in three of the four seasons under Guenther the team has been in the top 15 in that category. That was long Guenther’s emphasis, as opposed to total defense. The best the Bengals finished in that category was No. 11 in 2015.

This year the Bengals defense, decimated by injury in the back seven, finished No. 16 in scoring and No. 18 overall.

https://www.cincinnati.com/story/sports/nfl/bengals/2018/01/01/cincinnati-bengals-defensive-coordinator-paul-guenther-has-options-2018/994047001/

Archived