Coaching Staff Changes

Bears John DeFelipo (1/5), Pat Shurmur, Josh McDaniels, Steve Wilks
Panicky Idiots MARVIN LEWIS
Colts Kris Richard, Josh McDaniels, Matt Nagy, Steve Wilks, Mike Vrabel
Giants Matt Patricia, Josh McDaniels, Jim Schwartz, Eric Studesville, Steve Wilks, Pat Shurmur (1/6)
Lions Matt Patricia, Mike Vrabel (1/3), Pat Shurmur, Winston Moss (1/2), Teryl Austin (1/2), Steve Wilks, Jim Bob Cooter (1/2)
Raiders JOHN GRUDEN
Cardinals Pat Shurmur, Matt Patricia, Brian Flores, Mike Munchack, John DeFelipo (1/6), Keith Armstrong

Alexander will no doubt be kept to continue the downward spiral he & Screwus have go going on, then they (and any current talent) will be gone, followed by uninspiring replacements that will lead the team into another 20 years in the desert.

Marvin Lewis has coached more regular season games than any coach without winning a playoff game...EVER

Marvin Lewis has coached the most playoff games without a win...EVER

Marvin Lewis is the first coach to go to the playoffs seven times in a row to start his career and lose everyone one...EVER

Just sayin'

1 minute ago, BengalFanInTO said:

Marvin Lewis has coached more regular season games than any coach without winning a playoff game...EVER

Marvin Lewis is the first coach to go to the playoffs seven times in a row to start his career and lose everyone one...EVER

Just sayin'

Might want to check your facts

17 minutes ago, BengalBuck said:

Might want to check your facts

I don't believe so but, I'm going from memory. I'm pretty sure I'm right though. Feel free to point out where I'm incorrect.

I'd also like to toss out that I'm quite certain he's had the most consecutive playoff losses by an NFL coach...EVER (not to mention the most consecutive playoff losses by an NFL coach with one team...EVER).

Bears John DeFelipo (1/5), Pat Shurmur, Josh McDaniels, Steve Wilks, Matt Nagy
Panicky Idiots MARVIN LEWIS
Colts Kris Richard, Josh McDaniels (1/4), Matt Nagy, Steve Wilks, Mike Vrabel
Giants Matt Patricia, Josh McDaniels, Jim Schwartz, Eric Studesville, Steve Wilks, Pat Shurmur (1/6), Steve Spagnulou (1/3)
Lions Matt Patricia, Mike Vrabel (1/3), Pat Shurmur, Winston Moss (1/2), Teryl Austin (1/2), Steve Wilks, Jim Bob Cooter (1/2)
Raiders JOHN GRUDEN
Cardinals Pat Shurmur, Matt Patricia, Brian Flores, Mike Munchack, John DeFelipo (1/6), Keith Armstrong

1 hour ago, BengalFanInTO said:

Just sayin'

Not even close.  His first playoff was year 3, his second was year 7.

While contemplating the sharp shower of shit that would've been a Bengals coaching search, I decided there one worse option that a Lewis return - a Lewis return with Alexander in tow.

If, in the upcoming few days/weeks, Lewis can:

1. Shitcan Alexander

2. Indicate that the freedom to make a fairly significant OL FA signing or two was part of the reason he agreed to re-up

3. Re-visit the aborted McCarron/Skidmark deal.

If he can pull off those three things (doubtful) I'd be willing to play wait-and-see.

Query - I'm not clear on AJ's status if he loses his grievance.  I know he'll be an RFA, but can he be traded as such?  If not (and they uses a first round tender on him) can they deal him to Hue and the nonsense to the North in a sort of a Sign-and-Trade deal (with AJM's cooperation) for less than a 1st round pick?

3 hours ago, Griever said:

Fucking shittsburgh rejoicing everywhere about this I'm sure. Fuck.

Absolutely, this effectively makes the AFC North a 2 team race. The inbreds only have to worry about beating 1 other team to win the division. 

2 minutes ago, snarkster said:

While contemplating the sharp shower of shit that would've been a Bengals coaching search, I decided there one worse option that a Lewis return - a Lewis return with Alexander in tow.

If, in the upcoming few days/weeks, Lewis can:

1. Shitcan Alexander

2. Indicate that the freedom to make a fairly significant OL FA signing or two was part of the reason he agreed to re-up

3. Re-visit the aborted McCarron/Skidmark deal.

Query - I'm not clear on AJ's status if he loses his grievance.  I know he'll be an RFA, but can he be traded as such?  If not (and they uses a first round tender on him) can they deal him to Hue and the nonsense to the North in a sort of a Sign-and-Trade deal (with AJM's cooperation) for less than a 1st round pick?

IMO the best reasonable option is he is still RFA, they put the 2nd round tender on him and he leaves for that.  I don't think he has proven nearly enough to give up a first round pick, especially one as high as the teams in need of a QB will have.

Just now, Jason said:

Not even close.  His first playoff was year 3, his second was year 7.

I am obviously aware he didn't go to the playoffs every year in his first seven seasons of coaching. Maybe I could/should have typed it better but he lost his first seven career playoff appearances. I'm aware they weren't in consecutive seasons, I meant consecutive appearances to start his career.

1 minute ago, High School Harry said:

Any word if they are retaining Marvin's son, Marcus?

Kid worked so hard to get his position on the coaching staff.

Best post of day. 

One positive is that it's completely clear that they will promote from within unless Mike is dead.  Potential recruits for the coordinator spots know this. 

Archived