Coaching Staff Changes

1 minute ago, schotzee said:

@omgdrdoom Tobin? You want him gone or what?

Kinnnnddaa, I just think he is super overrated by a lot of fans for hitting on a few straight good drafts. Did it take a genius to draft A.J. Green or Julio? Either way you get a superstar. Tobin wasn't even the pro-Dalton guy in the room back in 2011, I remember word was Jay Gruden petitioned for the team to take Andy over Krapernick or Mallett (both Mike Brown guys). Boling was the only guy I give Tobin credit for there and I'm not 100% sure he was behind that pick. 2010 and 2012 were good so I give him kudos for those years. 2013 would be better if Eifert wasn't broken in half every season.

2014 and 2015 were such terrible drafts and we're really feeling that right now. Turn just 1 or 2 of those misses into hits and you're heading in the right direction. Tell Paul Alexander to fuck off and get off the god damn table and you probably win another game or three these past couple of seasons.

It's not necessarily that I want Tobin gone but maybe someone else brought in to work with him or something. I don't know. It's not like the Brown family is going to hire anyone outside of their immediate family or friend circle anyway so I guess it probably wouldn't matter. But yeah, not saying he's Cleveland-level of scouting, he's just not amazing yet some fans hype him up as an untouchable.

37 minutes ago, omgdrdoom said:

From a different, older thread but didn't want to resurrect it just to shit on Fred, buuuutttttttt........

:whistle:

There was another post by Fred about how stupid I was and about betting signatures (That I don't use or see anyway.) that I was wrong. I should stop boasting that I was right since I wanted to be wrong and still lost. But proving Fred wrong is fun though. 

1 minute ago, Hooky said:

There was another post by Fred about how stupid I was and about betting signatures (That I don't use or see anyway.) that I was wrong. I should stop boasting that I was right since I wanted to be wrong and still lost. But proving Fred wrong is fun though. 

Oh it's very fun. I just figure that if we keep doing this kind of stuff, maybe one of these days he'll learn that his opinions aren't facts and will learn to have more down to earth discussions.

He had a few other posts in that thread and others that he was so certain Marvin was gone and we were all complete idiots for even suggesting to wait and see. Lulz

7 minutes ago, omgdrdoom said:

Oh it's very fun. I just figure that if we keep doing this kind of stuff, maybe one of these days he'll learn that his opinions aren't facts and will learn to have more down to earth discussions.

He had a few other posts in that thread and others that he was so certain Marvin was gone and we were all complete idiots for even suggesting to wait and see. Lulz

He won't learn. In fact, he is compiling stats and quotes to prove that he wasn't wrong and/or gathering stats and quotes to prove how dumb we are for thinking that the signing is bad. 

15 hours ago, Jason said:

I have another question in addition to coaching changes.  What did Mike give up to keep him?

Dude, this is a huge win-win for Mike Brown.  He didn't have to give up anything, in particular he didn't have to give up his winter vacation.   Marvin comes in, signs 2 years extension for same money, Mike goes on vacation and Marvin continues to bank a nice paycheck with no accountability.  Nobody getting fired or replaced unless they leave. 

19 minutes ago, Hooky said:

He won't learn. In fact, he is compiling stats and quotes to prove that he wasn't wrong and/or gathering stats and quotes to prove how dumb we are for thinking that the signing is bad. 

The first thing out of his mouth will be, "See Hooky, you were wrong about Marvin Leaving and here are some stats to prove keeping Marvin was  the best move,...Andy Dalton had more come from behind victories in 2017 than Aaron Rodgers."

8 minutes ago, SF2 said:

The first thing out of his mouth will be, "See Hooky, you were wrong about Marvin Leaving and here are some stats to prove keeping Marvin was  the best move,...Andy Dalton had more come from behind victories in 2017 than Aaron Rodgers."

Off the top of my head, I think he had more than Andrew Luck as well.

27 minutes ago, Hooky said:

6 minutes ago, SF2 said:

This is OT - but have you guys seen the Blake Bortles facts guy on Twitter? It's fucking hilarious and kind of reminds me of Fred.

Examples:

4 minutes ago, omgdrdoom said:

This is OT - but have you guys seen the Blake Bortles facts guy on Twitter? It's fucking hilarious and kind of reminds me of Fred.

Examples:

Interesting . I think we should trade Andy, AJ Mac and our first rounder for him.

52 minutes ago, SF2 said:

And our 2nd half offense is fine even if it is statistically near the worst in the league.

Fans: This can all be eased by adding Jim Bob Cooter or Harold Goodwin as the OC and Jack Del Rio as the DC. 

Bengals: Welcome Bill Lazor and Welcome back Paul Alexander and Paul Guenther. 

Sigh. 

Fans: Well atleast we will do great things in Free Agency

Bengals: We re-signed Tyler Eifert to a multi year deal!

Sigh. 

Fans: Well the draft. We like the draft. 

Bengals: We drafted a TE or CB in round 1 again because thats what we do. 

17 hours ago, Montana Bengal said:

Proactively creating this because it sounds like there will be changes.  I'll try to keep it updated.  Feel free to add if you see something new.

yea if im Paul im so far gone its not even funny. bengals would have to offer me 150% of what oakland does. hmmmm i can live in the bay area in cali then vegas, then off to nevada with no state income tax... which is a raise in itself. 

let this nightmare repeat itself alone.. no reason to be a part of it

1 hour ago, omgdrdoom said:

Examples:

Never have seen Fred and this guy at the same time... obviously the same person.

Lazors coaching staff elsewhere

Offensive coaches 2014

Lazor coaching staff 2015

Offensive coaches

Zac Taylor: Currently Rams assistant WR coach has coached QBs

http://www.therams.com/team/coaches/zac-taylor/f61e5390-c90b-44e1-a93f-a78810f6d42f

Jeff Nixon: Currently Baylor OC/RBs coach

http://www.baylorbears.com/sports/m-footbl/mtt/jeff_nixon_1041922.html

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kLhNSG8-MlE

John Benton: Currently 49ers OL Coach

http://www.49ers.com/team/coaches/John-Benton/f341df4e-d599-410f-976a-2c4062c5b07d

Phil McGeoghan: Currently Bills OL Coach

http://www.buffalobills.com/team/coaches/phil_mcgeoghan/c273327c-1fee-416f-ba0b-1c917e0a4ea6

Jack Bicknell Jr: Currently Ole Miss OL Coach

http://www.olemisssports.com/sports/m-footbl/mtt/jack_bicknell_jr_1050862.html

20 hours ago, Montana Bengal said:

Maybe add this to the top thread

Head Coach: Marvin Lewis

Offensive Coordinator: Bill Lazor

QBs Coach:

RBs Coach: Kyle Caskey (?)

WRs Coach: James Urban (?)

TEs Coach: Jonathan Hayes (?)

OL coach:

STs Coordinator: Darrin Simmons

Defensive Coordinator: Paul Guenther (?)

DL Coach: Jacob Burney (?)

LB Coach: Jim Haslett (?)

DB Coach: Kevin Coyle (?)

Secondary Coach: Robert Livingston

Archived