Coaching Staff Changes

3 minutes ago, New Jersey Bengal said:

I liked Guenther but think either of these guys would add a nice elementg to our defense

If choosing I think I would want fangio more. He had a solid d with guys on roster not as good as our roster.

1 minute ago, Kochman said:

If choosing I think I would want fangio more. He had a solid d with guys on roster not as good as our roster.

Good point!!..And has done a great job with the Bears!..I did hear Phil Simms being interviewed on Friday and he did say he thinks Austin deserves a chance to be a Head Coach..

Lets just assume Patricia to the Lions

That leaves McDaniels, Shurmur, Wilks and DeFelipo as the most interviewed group. 

4 top candidates (not including Schwartz) for 3 jobs. 

I wonder if a key to the NFL is having assistants good enough to get interviews but not good enough to land jobs. 

Brad Childress is on staff in KC but Urban might get a look as well. Would be interesting to see him take a job in Baltimore and leave right away. 

Indications are the Bengals are talking to both college and NFL offensive line coaches and one of the options is to bring back consultant Jim McNally to help out on the field. McNally, 74, coached one of the NFL’s greatest lines in history during his stint from 1980-94, when he was Hall of Fame left tackle Anthony Munoz’s only position coach and the Bengals led the NFL in rushing three times in the late 1980s.

http://www.bengals.com/news/article-1/Coaching-re-set-Austin-in-talks-for-DC-report-says/d706ed7d-0e15-4022-b0ff-9316ecf60606

Archived