Coaching Staff Changes

1 hour ago, MichaelWeston said:

Agreement had gone so far that

1. Colts stopped interviewing including Mike Vrabel who they liked I think

2. Colts started hiring the coaches that he was interviewing

3. His agent dropped him for going back on the deal

Yeah such a crazy situation. I'd bet that Bob Kraft will do whatever he can to fuck over the Colts in the foreseeable future. Can't really say I blame him though after the deflategate witch hunt.

On 2/7/2018 at 11:34 AM, westside bengal said:

Of course this whole McDaniels thing could be Belichick's way of betting back at the Colts for Deflategate.

I always thought the 28 unanswered 2nd half points and eventual Super Bowl victory was a better way.   I doubt the Patriots blame the Colts for anything.  One of the defenders grabbed the ball and handed to the ref.  The refs made them replace the ball with a more inflated one.  That was basically it until the press and Roger Goodell blew it up.   Honestly, the Colts are not the Patriots rivals anymore and barely were when Petyon was there having gone 1-4 verses the Patriots in the playoffs with all 4 losses being ass whippings.

My guess is Bellichek and the Krafts got together and are working on a succession plan.  Keep in mind most of Bellichek's assistants have failed as HCs.  It might be that Bill thinks McDaniels is the real deal and he is only going to coach one more year.   

The reality is the Colts are not a very well organization anyways  and put WAY too much responsibility on the shoulder of their QBs the last 20 years.    Without Manning or Luck healthy they are not just bad, they are Cleveland bad.   Look at Minnesota, Philly, Buffalo and even Jacksonville.  Back up or sub par QB play and they still have enough balance to make the playoffs and even win a Super Bowl.  The Colts are terrible when their backup takes over. 

On 1/14/2018 at 12:45 AM, MichaelWeston said:

With the Eagles and Patriots winning and 4 jobs still open this probably tables things for even longer. Patricia, McDaniels and DeFelipo all won and then Shurmur is tomorrow. And add in Wilks and Vrabel.

Finalists seem to be,

Colts-McDaniels and Vrabel

Lions-Patricia and Vrabel

Cardinals-Shurmur and Wilks and even Munchack. 

Giants-McDaniels, Patricia and Shurmur. Wilks is also mentioned

What this means is that at least 1 of these guys will be looking for a job next year when it's possible we might be looking. Vrabel, Wilks and DeFelippo should all be top candidates. 

This didn't stand up at all Wilks-Vrabel and Reich all got jobs. 

• SF2 unpinned this topic

Archived