Marvin Lewis, The man, The Legend. We Praise Thee.

On 1/4/2018 at 3:49 AM, T-Dub said:

The cymbal intro reminded me of Primus's "To Defy the Laws of Tradition" and I quickly decided to listen to that instead. 

I was lucky enough to get a free ticket to Lolapalooza 1993 (in the supposed new Raider stadium in Irwindale, Ca.) Opening band was Rage and ended with Primus, great show throughout (Alice in Chains, Tool, Dinosaur Jr., Arrested Development, Redman). 

13 hours ago, kriZENry said:

I was lucky enough to get a free ticket to Lolapalooza 1993 (in the supposed new Raider stadium in Irwindale, Ca.) Opening band was Rage and ended with Primus, great show throughout (Alice in Chains, Tool, Dinosaur Jr., Arrested Development, Redman). 

That is one 90's line-up.  How 'bout a very 90's video that has nothing to do with football in honor of the Oilers not trying quite as hard as the Chiefs to give yesterday's game away?

(Always thought "Mr Wendal" was the jam from that album)

Last time I was at the 'rents house I was going through some stuff and found my old copy of Frizzle Fry.  Pretty sure it was a 2nd pressing as the original run was on green vinyl.  I'm only pretty sure because although the sleeve is in perfect condition, the record itself is long gone.  I bought it on a trip to LA with some HS friends.

It's taken me many more years to learn this lesson; you don't loan media.  Books, records, whatever.  Whether you know it or not you are giving it away.  People wonder why collectors have multiple copies of the same piece?  Because we can't trust your goofy ass but we still want to share the stuff. 

Excuse the OT rant but I figured WTF, we've got a long offseason ahead of us now.

50f.jpg

4 hours ago, T-Dub said:

That is one 90's line-up.  How 'bout a very 90's video that has nothing to do with football in honor of the Oilers not trying quite as hard as the Chiefs to give yesterday's game away?

(Always thought "Mr Wendal" was the jam from that album)

Last time I was at the 'rents house I was going through some stuff and found my old copy of Frizzle Fry.  Pretty sure it was a 2nd pressing as the original run was on green vinyl.  I'm only pretty sure because although the sleeve is in perfect condition, the record itself is long gone.  I bought it on a trip to LA with some HS friends.

It's taken me many more years to learn this lesson; you don't loan media.  Books, records, whatever.  Whether you know it or not you are giving it away.  People wonder why collectors have multiple copies of the same piece?  Because we can't trust your goofy ass but we still want to share the stuff. 

Excuse the OT rant but I figured WTF, we've got a long offseason ahead of us now.

50f.jpg

Ha, nice! Mr. Wendell is a dope track and frizzle fry is a classic. Totally agree on loaning anything out to friends or family, my nephew “lost” a few of my unreplaceable 90’s underground hip hop tapes and I still haven’t forgiven him. 

On 1/6/2018 at 11:02 AM, Bunghole said:

A few decades? I wasn't aware Rage was making records in 1988....

I bet you like chocolate starfish even more...

I do like that album very much, I still listen to Rollin a lot with my headphones and jump around to it.  If I want to lift weights sometimes, I will put this song on.  It gets me pumped up.  

Archived