Bengals Fan for over 40 years born Bengals fan MY whole life! Curious what other Bengals fan thinking about  keeping Marvin Lewis around?  Myself I am ready for a change and fresh start (not happening now) and kind of  feeling numb. Plus I do not understand winning last 2 games. Wasn't we sitting at the 6th pick 2 weeks ago?  Was hoping for Baker Mayfield I think he has the potential to be next Favre type player. I am just frustrated anyone else? 

most have some delusion that some stellar coach was going to come in to cincinnati vs some other way better city and job opening.. so they are grumpy... im good with it... at least someone with SOME sense making draft picks. 

sadly the fella who won a ring with trent dilfer at QB isnt too keen on replacing mediocre QB play...

If keeping Marvin was the price to keep mayfield out of Cincy I'm going on the black market and buying a bottle of pappy. I'm not thrilled with keeping Marvin but we could sign Ryan leaf for cheap and so as well as drafting mayfield. Dude has problems and will be a bust

Not a fan of 

1 hour ago, ccartman2 said:

If keeping Marvin was the price to keep mayfield out of Cincy I'm going on the black market and buying a bottle of pappy. I'm not thrilled with keeping Marvin but we could sign Ryan leaf for cheap and so as well as drafting mayfield. Dude has problems and will be a bust

Not a fan of Mayfield either.

Right there with you. Watched the Bengals play at Nippert.

I'm OK with Marvin coming back now that Alexander and (maybe Guenther) are out. Getting some top FAs will also help. Also, willing to give Lazor a shot.

Under the right system, with some additional tools (OL, WR, TE), I believe he could be very good. He is only a season, and injury, from being talked about being a potential MVP candidate.

We gave up on Carson and, if you remember, fans were calling for Turk Schonert to replace Kenny Anderson. I am willing to go the rest of Andy's contract before we blow up the team.

On 1/2/2018 at 11:08 PM, ccartman2 said:

He's going to be really good and he got in trouble once for being a drunken jackass with public intox (a shit ton of ppl do in college).  He's not exactly going across the state getting DUI's every night.

Mayfield's off-field issues and/or attitude aside, why the FUCK would people not happy with Andy Dalton want Baker Mayfield?

The kid's weaknesses are damn near the exact same problems that Andy has LOL

"Waaahhh Andy isn't big enough!" - Mayfield is nearly the identical size of Andy Dalton.

"Andy's arm isn't strong enough!!!" - Lol and you want Mayfield? Uhhh, okay.

"Andy has shitty footwork and gets happy feet in the pocket!" - Literally the biggest and most glaring complaint from people who have scouted Mayfield

"Andy can't read the field" - ..............have you people even watched Baker Mayfield play football???????

Listen, I'm all for hearing people out who want us to draft Josh Allen or Lamar Jackson, but GTFO with the Baker Mayfield stuff. If you complain about Andy, why do you want his inexperienced clone with potential attitude problems? Makes no fucking sense.

1 minute ago, Jpoore said:

Oklahoma State University

Ah, so when you said

Mason Rudolph is playing with the exact type of players we have in place right now

you meant that they are also playing football with the traditional 11-man squads and positions, not necessarily ability or skill etc.  That makes much more sense.

5 hours ago, T-Dub said:

Ah, so when you said

you meant that they are also playing football with the traditional 11-man squads and positions, not necessarily ability or skill etc.  That makes much more sense.

He may be better than all the other QBs.  I have an odd feeling that all of these QBs will suck other than Mayfield and Lamar.  Mayfield will go to the Saints I think.  They are not a down field passing team so don't need the huge arm. 

6 hours ago, T-Dub said:

Ah, so when you said

No he's playing with a very shifty rb cathin g passes out of the backfield, a speed demon wr, a 6"4 220 piund wr that can be run any route, and a chain moving slot wr.

I will stand for AD.  This nonsense about picking a QB at#12 has to stop. We're not picking one. Get over it. There isn't one better at 12 than AD, and furthermore, AD is the face of the franchise. If that face screams "mediocrity" to you, then you're reading too much into it. Mike Brown forever, Katie NEVER!

#lovemikebrown #marvinrules

43 minutes ago, Bunghole said:

I will stand for AD.  This nonsense about picking a QB at#12 has to stop. We're not picking one. Get over it. There isn't one better at 12 than AD, and furthermore, AD is the face of the franchise. If that face screams "mediocrity" to you, then you're reading too much into it. Mike Brown forever, Katie NEVER!

#lovemikebrown #marvinrules

With Rudolph, the hope for me anyway would be round 2. If he has an impressive senior bowl however, most likely won't be there . I wouldn't be surprised if Pats take him in round one.

6 hours ago, Jpoore said:

No he's playing with a very shifty college rb cathin g passes out of the backfield, a speed demon college wr, a 6"4 220 piund college wr that can be run any route, and a chain moving college slot wr.

FTFY.  You need to get over this idea that playing well at Okie State somehow translates into a HoF NFL career.

On 1/5/2018 at 6:38 AM, T-Dub said:

FTFY.  You need to get over this idea that playing well at Okie State somehow translates into a HoF NFL career.

Nobody said that. But he's still the best qb to come out in last 2 drafts. He's the next Phillip rivers but with good mobility.

Give Dalton a line like in LA with the corresponding running game and the Bengals are a force to be reckoned with. I was totally unimpressed with Goff. He did not make good decisions. Dalton is way better than that. No, Dalton isn't a elite QB that can lift a team on his shoulders, but I don't know any of those that will be available.  Fix the team around him and the offense will get it done.  

Can Marvin move past his own limitations as a game day coach?  That is a much more troubling issue IMO.  

Dalton, for better or worse, is our best option right now. He's not great,nor terrible (playoff performances aside)...we need to grab some FA help on the oline and we'll be okay as long as Mixon develops. A strong run game, decent protection, AJ Green and the rest can compete with anyone.

Fact is, Dalton isn't going anywhere from a team perspective. We're going to have to live and die with that guy.

18 hours ago, Bunghole said:

Dalton, for better or worse, is our best option right now. He's not great,nor terrible (playoff performances aside)...we need to grab some FA help on the oline and we'll be okay as long as Mixon develops. A strong run game, decent protection, AJ Green and the rest can compete with anyone.

Fact is, Dalton isn't going anywhere from a team perspective. We're going to have to live and die with that guy.

Nah, we “live and die” with our offensive line. This is what the truly good teams who consistently win have going for them: strong line play. 

Curious, honestly looking for an answer here: who is the last quarterback to win a super bowl behind a shitty line?

If you had a sure fire upgrade to Andy Dalton available to draft, but you’re still facing significant deficiencies along the front five, the smart thing for the sake of building to win consistently isn’t to ignore the issues with the line. You already have an above average guy who isn’t too old yet who has proven he can put up numbers and win a lot. With a crummy line comes an underachieving running game, too. You simply put your team in a better position to win when you can protect whoever the fuck is the quarterback and can carve some holes for whoever the fuck is lugging the rock.

Is it exciting and sexy to draft and spend on offensive line? No. Not to many because not many spend much time watching great line play. The point is, if they aren’t getting noticed, they’re doing great. People watch for big plays. How many of those did we have this year? How much scoring, period, did we do this year?

OFFENSIVE LINE. If you’re not on board with this as being *the* priority moving forward, you are, quite frankly, incorrect. 

Note: Bung, that’s not all directed right at you...there plenty who need get this message through their skulls.

And, oh yeah, welcome to the board, new guy.

Archived