19 minutes ago, Madieu Superstar said:

Not looking forward to seeing Michael Johnson, Pat Sims, Andre Smith, Vinny Rey, Dre Kirkpatrick, and Brandon Lafell back for ANOTHER year. 

Well, they are some of our best STARTERS.

Here are some of the big changes being reported by Jim O:

-Brown and the coaching staff will now drive a Ford Taurus instead of a Chevy Lumina.... that is a big change. 

-Also, the Bengals are switching to Skyline as the official provider of any and all  of it's chili and Coney related needs.

- Lastly the players will get as much PowerAid as they want. Marvin was trying to get the good stuff, Gatorade, but they comprised. Brown is excited because he will rack up big fuel points at Kroger with these bulk purchases.

19 minutes ago, PatternMaster said:

Here are some of the big changes being reported by Jim O:

-Brown and the coaching staff will now drive a Ford Taurus instead of a Chevy Lumina.... that is a big change. 

-Also, the Bengals are switching to Skyline as the official provider of any and all  of it's chili and Coney related needs.

- Lastly the players will get as much PowerAid as they want. Marvin was trying to get the good stuff, Gatorade, but they comprised. Brown is excited because he will rack up big fuel points at Kroger with these bulk purchases.

Since my daughter makes a killing as a Skyline waitress,..Dilly Dilly!!

No reason Guenther shouldn't play the field.  It's not like the Bengals are known for paying top dollar for assistants.  He may even be in line for a HC job.  If no one wants PG as a HC, and no team will pay him top dollar to be DC he will be back.  I have no problem with that.

I am not sure what the hell was going on with the OL this year.  We all know it was terrible.  Oogie-boogie and Fisher are out and out busts.  They shouldn't have even been playing.  I'm not sure how the power structure works, but how in the hell didn't Marvin and Lazor overrule Alexander all season?  I get letting your assistants do their jobs, but damn.....the OL pretty much ruined the season.  Hard to judge Lazor considering the bag of shit he was dealt with the line he had to deal with.  We will see.  It's not like Brown is going to pay some hotshot OC big money to come to Cincinnati. 

1 hour ago, SF2 said:

We rushed for 70 yards, against the Bears, at home, and lost by 26.

in the last three games where we had Mixon and Bernard, they rushed for 148, 145 and 130, with the 130 being against the Squealers where Mixon got hurt.  

The talk about changes to the organization is just that.  Hot air that will probably lead to nothing.  So far they have gotten rid of one coach and another is likely leaving by his choice.  Marvin mentioned adding better players and adding players from other teams.  If we take him at his word, that means they will be aggressive in free agency and the draft to improve a roster that has holes in it.  That clearly wasn't the case the past couple seasons as they have lost players and the roster has gotten worse.  Should they fail to follow through on what Marvin said they needed to do, I would expect more fans to tune out.  The Brown family being content with mediocrity doesn't mean we have to be.

45 minutes ago, Inigo Montoya said:

If we take him at his word, that means they will be aggressive in free agency and the draft to improve a roster that has holes in it.

Doubt it will be much different but it will probably cause us to redefine the word "better player" and "aggressive"...

5 hours ago, Inigo Montoya said:

The talk about changes to the organization is just that.  Hot air that will probably lead to nothing.  So far they have gotten rid of one coach and another is likely leaving by his choice.  Marvin mentioned adding better players and adding players from other teams.  If we take him at his word, that means they will be aggressive in free agency and the draft to improve a roster that has holes in it.  That clearly wasn't the case the past couple seasons as they have lost players and the roster has gotten worse.  Should they fail to follow through on what Marvin said they needed to do, I would expect more fans to tune out.  The Brown family being content with mediocrity doesn't mean we have to be.

Yes it does.

I like that Marvin explicitly mentioned protecting Andy (i.e., O-Line). I'm really keen to see what they do to achieve this. "Losing" the 2 OTs for the final 2 games was a step in the right direction, but in the Baltimore game there were a few times a safety or linebacker came right up the middle untouched. And one of those times absolutely detonated Andy. 

12 hours ago, Inigo Montoya said:

Marvin was interviewed by dumbo ears on NFL Network yesterday. He was eager to ask Marvin if he thought the ravens game was going to be his last game with the bengals. He did his usual dance around the question. But, of course, he knew it wasn't. There were basically two topics.

The other one was about him alluding to being more aggressive in free agency. He said that he didn't say that and it was just the media interpretation. Then he went into his usual we have to do better, we have to get better mantra. His profound answer at the end of every season.

Sorry if my report is vague, but so was Marvin as usual.

On 1/3/2018 at 4:26 PM, kennethmw said:

in the last three games where we had Mixon and Bernard, they rushed for 148, 145 and 130, with the 130 being against the Squealers where Mixon got hurt.  

yep.. and they also won 2 of the last 3. so they have all of the momentum..

I  mean being last in almost every fucking offensive category means nothing.. next year is going to be awesome!!!  amiright 

1 hour ago, Hooky said:

Marvin was interviewed by dumbo ears on NFL Network yesterday. He was eager to ask Marvin if he thought the ravens game was going to be his last game with the bengals. He did his usual dance around the question. But, of course, he knew it wasn't. There were basically two topics.

The other one was about him alluding to being more aggressive in free agency. He said that he didn't say that and it was just the media interpretation. Then he went into his usual we have to do better, we have to get better mantra. His profound answer at the end of every season.

Sorry if my report is vague, but so was Marvin as usual.

His exact quote:

"We're going to have to gain some better players.  We're going to have to augment some of what we do.  We're going to have to do a better job of adding some guys from other clubs."

That is as cut and dry as it can get.  We need better players and we need to add some of them from other teams. That is how this team will improve.  It certainly won't be from the coaching.

On 1/3/2018 at 9:45 AM, omgdrdoom said:

Like, I get what Hob is trying to say with that, but would we see bullshit like that statement in any sports franchise not named Cincinnati???

Actually it happens all the time.  Guy gets named interim head coach in the middle of the season then when he gets the permanent job in the off season he is refferred to as a "new coach" the next season.

7 minutes ago, fredtoast said:

Actually it happens all the time.  Guy gets named interim head coach in the middle of the season then when he gets the permanent job in the off season he is refferred to as a "new coach" the next season.

Just curious, but where does this happen?

i could see if a guy is named the interim in like week 15, but have you seen that wording used on a coach who has had this title for 15 weeks of the season?

5 minutes ago, Madieu Superstar said:

Just curious, but where does this happen?

i could see if a guy is named the interim in like week 15, but have you seen that wording used on a coach who has had this title for 15 weeks of the season?

I think the wording is usually "promoted to permanent" .

Archived