Paul Alexander gone!!

30 minutes ago, membengal said:

If I had to choose between Marvin going or Alexander going, I would have chosen Alexander.

This almost makes up for Marvin coming back. 

I just don't see any talent on our line.  Unless we open the wallet on free agency I fear we won't be much better next year.   Mixon is a nice running back but he isn't a game changer.  3.5 yds per carry is nothing to write home about.   Everyone else besides AJ Green are mediocre at best.   Our offense simply has no standout talent besides Green.

I fucking hate the Stealers.  That said, is there any starter on our offense they would swap  on a position by position basis? 

#1 WR Brown vs Green?   

#2 & 3 WR Douche bag Ju-Ju or Bryant  vs Boyd or Lafell?    Maybe Lafell over a knucklehead but Bryant has more talent.

TE James vs Kroft maybe a wash? 

RB? LOL 

QB? LOL

Anybody on the offensive line?

Alexander being gone doesn't fix our biggest problem which is a huge talent gap against the better teams in the league on offense. 

1 hour ago, Numbers said:

How quickly people forget who is still on staff.   Jim McNally.  There will be progression in the right direction.   McNally might not be the coach and not sure who or what they have in mind.   Offensive line will be OK IMHO... 

Yes (to Alexander gone)! Might just make this shit palatable.  Coach JMac (the true master of finding post-1st rd gems) is right up there with Jim Anderson as my favorite Bengals assistant ever, but I wonder if he wants this foolishness full-time.  Alexander's departure forestalls me from completely jumping of the stripey bus.

48 minutes ago, SF2 said:

I just don't see any talent on our line.  Unless we open the wallet on free agency I fear we won't be much better next year.   Mixon is a nice running back but he isn't a game changer.  3.5 yds per carry is nothing to write home about.   Everyone else besides AJ Green are mediocre at best.   Our offense simply has no standout talent besides Green.

I fucking hate the Stealers.  That said, is there any starter on our offense they would swap  on a position by position basis? 

#1 WR Brown vs Green?   

#2 & 3 WR Douche bag Ju-Ju or Bryant  vs Boyd or Lafell?    Maybe Lafell over a knucklehead but Bryant has more talent.

TE James vs Kroft maybe a wash? 

RB? LOL 

QB? LOL

Anybody on the offensive line?

Alexander being gone doesn't fix our biggest problem which is a huge talent gap against the better teams in the league on offense. 

I think maybe no talent in part or in whole because Alexander has been doing the shopping? And the choosing of who gets to play? Since Marvin appears to have made Alexander gone one of his conditions, that's a reading of the situation that is plausible. I want someone new shopping for the offensive line groceries and doing the coaching.

One of the ways to read Marvin back and Alexander gone is that Alexander being gone was one of Marvin's conditions. If that was one of his conditions, then I am wondering if perhaps Alexander shoulders more of the blame for the talent issues on the line etc. Dunno. Given how tight-lipped Marvin and Mike Brown are, all one can really do is speculate. But, clearly, Marvin wanted Alexander gone, and Mike finally relented, so that gives me some semblance of hope. 

5 minutes ago, VonBlade said:

For all the issues Marv has (and there are a few) it's clear that a lot of the coaching bullshit is foisted upon him as this was clearly one of the conditions for his return, much like more control over the Front Office was last time.

I hear you man, but how terrible is that? 15 years in the past, Mike Brown says "Yes little negro (pats Marvin on head gently), you CAN be our head coach. HOWEVER, any and all decisions pertaining to staff and player personnel must go through me first".

That hasn't changed, has it?

Archived