Andrew Norwell

41 minutes ago, stan said:

The Bengals should take Texas off tckle Connor Williams in rnd 1 and Billy Price C in rnd 2.

Will Williams be 100% at the combine?  Will he be able to play in the draft bowls?  If not, no. I’d rather take Brown. 

My guess is Price is gone in 1. 

4 hours ago, Bunghole said:

HAW HAW HAW HAW HAW.

Marvin sucked you right in, didn't he?

No, I just think there are in-house options  OG (Boling, Redmon & Westerman) @ OG (you can also find solid OG in the middle portions of the draft) and not so many at C (not sure if Redmon or Westermann are valid options) and especially at OT where I think they need to sign a FA RT, a early round LT & and a later-round developmental OT who might play either side (even if Fisher is fit to return).

If but, "Marvin sucked you right in, didn't he?" you mean why didn't I dump this team and quit the board because Marvin was retained?  Two factors - 1) I've been a fan of this team from Day 1 of it's existence and not gonna quit it lightly; 2) I said if they got rid of Alexander (even if it meant Marvin returned), I would take a wait and see attitude.  I think if they find an OLine coach that can fix things upfront (a plan that doesn't see Smith, Winston &/or OBlowme as valid OT options) and they can find the right DC, they can contend for a playoff spot next year.

Hey, I thought it was time for a change and time for ML to go (still do), but I also figured that if they made a move, they would "stay within the family" with someone who would keep Alexander around.  I'll take Lewis back w/o Alexander as a partial win.  If they get to camp though and I don't see serious moves to put a competitive OLine on the field, I'm out.  This OLine situation is intolerable and squandering seasons of a lot of talent elsewhere.

35 minutes ago, Jason said:

He looked like a good LT in the Rose Bowl.

I thought he looked great in both pass and run blocking.

3 hours ago, stan said:

The Bengals should take Texas off tckle Connor Williams 

I haven't watched him personally. But what I've read sounds alot like Cedric O. (Very athletic needs to get stronger)

On 1/5/2018 at 6:18 AM, omgdrdoom said:

Are you blackout drunk 24/7 or just always trolling? 

Norwell is the best LG in football right now. What a goofball statement to call him average. Lol what the fuck planet is this dude on. 

WTS, we aren't going after a guy that will be the highest paid G in this free agent class. Just not happening. 

Last year he was the 11th best guard. Before that he was in the 20s and 30s. Not happening. 

On 1/5/2018 at 2:51 PM, MichaelWeston said:

Free Agents

QB         Mike Glennon-Bears CC    
RB         Andre Ellington-Cards Rex Burkhead-Pats Matt Jones-Colts
FB              
WR         Jeremy-Kerley-Jets    
WR         John Brown-Cards    
WR              
TE         Troy Niklas-Cards Julius Thomas-Dolphins CC  
LT Nate Solder-Patriots Donald Penn-Raiders     Seantrel Henderson-Bills Ty Nsekhe-Redskins  
LG Andrew Norwell-Panthers Evan Smith-Bucs     Joe Looney-Cowboys Jack Mewhort-Colts Alex Boone-Cardinals
C Ryan Jensen-Ravens Zach Fulton-Chiefs Daniel Kilgore-49ers Weston Richburg-Giants      
RG Senio Kelemente-Saints Josh Kline-Titans     Jahri Evans-Packers Joe Berger-Vikings Brandon Fusco-49ers
RT Chris Hubbard-Stealers Justin Pugh-Giants Zach Strief-Saints CC   DJ Fluker-Giants Austin Pastzor-Falcons  

K              
P              
LS              

LE         Jared Crick-Broncos    
NT         Haloti Ngata-Lions    
RE              
OLB Korey Toomer-Chargers Nigel Bradham-Eagles     Josh Bynes-Cardinals    
ILB Zach Brown-Redskins       Justin March-Lillard-Cowboys    
ILB         Zaire Anderson-Broncos (r)    
OLB              
S Kemal Ishmael-Falcons            
S              
CB              
CB              

What is the green?

Just now, Jamie_B said:

Got ya

Definitely just my own. I do think Richburg and Strief will make a ton of sense. Richburg as the hopeful long term solution at center and Strief as a veteran ending his playing career in front of his family and a bridge to the next starting rt. 

I love the idea of Glennon and think he makes a lot of sense and gives us the opportunity to not draft a QB early. Allows us to put our toe in the water about about replacing Dalton without going on all in. 

This was made when I believed we wouldn't go hard for Free Agents. Might need to adjust now. (although I am not sure how much I believe this) 

Lol Mike Glennon? What? I don't even know what to say about that. Anyway..

I'm actually a lot more open to the idea of Hubbard now. He really came along as the season progressed and played some pretty damn good games as a backup. The only issue with it is that we'll re-sign Andre before taking an outside UFA RT. Andre didn't seem to fit very well at the other line spots, he played his best at RT for us this year even though he played 3 positions throughout.

Richburg (or Jensen if we want to spend the $$$) would immediately give our line a boost. Either would be a move I'd love to see.

Josh Kline would be an immediate upgrade at RG. I can't see the Titans not bringing him back, but he wouldn't be Zeitler money so there's a chance we'd actually look at him if he hits the market.

Lotta names on that list that I'm not a fan of whatsoever at the non-OL spots. This might sound crazy, but we could probably fix the entire OL in free agency if we wanted to be able to go full on BPA in the draft.

Assuming everyone hits FA: Boling/Kelemete/Richburg/Redmond/Smith or Solder/Boling/Richburg/Kelemete/Smith or Boling/Westerman/Jensen/Kelemete/Smith or Solder/Westerman/Richburg/Redmond/Hubbard could be our starting 5 next season without even touching the draft. We could take playmaking defensive players with our top picks or try to satisfy the fanbase wet dream and take a QB early. I don't think many of these guys are elite but we aren't paying that type of player anyway, free agency could fix our line without breaking the bank. You take guys like Quenton Nelson if he's available in 1 or Price if he drops to your early 2nd but you don't have to rely on those guys being there if you actually use free agency. I'd rather be able to take BPA throughout the draft instead of B-oline-PA in the first 3 rounds.

Archived