First team All Pro at Left Tackle

1 hour ago, fluhartz said:

the hits continue...

Good for Whit... dude deserves the glory... been one of the best for years...

he just didn't get any recognition because he played for this shithole franchise...

^This

I couldn't be more happy for the guy.  I too hope the Rams win it all.

5 hours ago, fluhartz said:

the hits continue...

Good for Whit... dude deserves the glory... been one of the best for years...

he just didn't get any recognition because he played for this shithole franchise...

He deserves it for sure.  Good for him and I sure do hope he gets a ring!

Never would get it with SoP running this team.

This is bad for the Bengals. It will make other Bengals on the roster want to leave Cincinnati for a chance to do what Whit did. No player or coach would want to come to Cincinnati. What defensive head coach would want to come here?

The best things fo happen to the Bengals would be if they would move to Orlando, Florida without Mike making the decisions, a new HC, all new coaches. 

I suggest you take the Bengals with a grain of salt. Just laugh at their stage-comedy decisions like you would while watching a TV comedy like I Love Lucy.

Good for Whit! Sorry players like Burfict, Green, and other Bengals who could help other teams win Super Bowls. Their mental frustration must be high over the last several years watching others with less talent on teams win championships.  Finally, and rightfully so, I bet Whit is laughing in amazement of his football prosperity after leaving the Bengals. SAD.

37 minutes ago, Rick said:

This is bad for the Bengals. It will make other Bengals on the roster want to leave Cincinnati for a chance to do what Whit did. No player or coach would want to come to Cincinnati. What defensive head coach would want to come here?

The best things fo happen to the Bengals would be if they would move to Orlando, Florida without Mike making the decisions, a new HC, all new coaches. 

I suggest you take the Bengals with a grain of salt. Just laugh at their stage-comedy decisions like you would while watching a TV comedy like I Love Lucy.

Good for Whit! Sorry players like Burfict, Green, and other Bengals who could help other teams win Super Bowls. Their mental frustration must be high over the last several years watching others with less talent on teams win championships.  Finally, and rightfully so, I bet Whit is laughing in amazement of his football prosperity after leaving the Bengals. SAD.

More often than not though it's about the money. Winning is secondary for most. Just sayin... I'm not so sure Whit went to the Rams bc they had a better chance of winning.

45 minutes ago, schotzee said:

More often than not though it's about the money. Winning is secondary for most. Just sayin... I'm not so sure Whit went to the Rams bc they had a better chance of winning.

Money and respect.  The one year offer by the Bengals was disrespectful considering his level of play in 2016. 

14 hours ago, fluhartz said:

He had a hard time getting credit from a large part of the bengal fan base.  For years there were people claimming he should be moved to OG because he "could not handle speed rushers".

I general I agree with letting older players go "a year too early instead of a year to late", but Whit was a rare exception.  He was almost like a coach, and he was an amazing leader.  He is the kind of guy who deserved to retire as a Bengal if he wanted.

The move made by the Bengals was not "comical".  In fact it was the same move most other teams in the league would make with an older player.  But it still sucks for us fans.

Just don't re-create history and try to claim that Whit left the Bengals because he thought he had a better chance of winning with the Rams.  It was 100% about the money, and I don't blame him at all.  This was most likely his last big contract.

9 minutes ago, fredtoast said:

He had a hard time getting credit from a large part of the bengal fan base.  For years there were people claimming he should be moved to OG because he "could not handle speed rushers".

I general I agree with letting older players go "a year too early instead of a year to late", but Whit was a rare exception.  He was almost like a coach, and he was an amazing leader.  He is the kind of guy who deserved to retire as a Bengal if he wanted.

The move made by the Bengals was not "comical".  In fact it was the same move most other teams in the league would make with an older player.  But it still sucks for us fans.

Just don't re-create history and try to claim that Whit left the Bengals because he thought he had a better chance of winning with the Rams.  It was 100% about the money, and I don't blame him at all.  This was most likely his last big contract.

I never said that..he left because the Bengals low balled him and I don't blame him

10 minutes ago, fluhartz said:

I never said that..he left because the Bengals low balled him and I don't blame him

I don't think they low balled him.  They offered him 1 year and the Rams 3.  I think that's the biggest difference.

Good for this guy.  Totally underappreciated his entire career.  Even the Bengals thought he was a guard for 3 years.  As I remember it Whitworth told anyone who would listen he could play LT in the NFL.  Finally got the shot and it took 7 years for the guy to be named to the Pro Bowl.  Tells you two things....you have to be extra good to get noticed in Cincinnati, and the media doesn't know shit.

3 hours ago, fredtoast said:

I dont remember anyone saying this.  Some people thought he should move to guard to extend his career with the Bengals and to improve the run game but I don't remember the fanbase not giving him credit or saying he couldnt handle speed rushers. 

3 hours ago, fredtoast said:

I disagree. Most teams wouldn't let a player of Whit's caliber walk. Not all "old" players are created equal.

31 minutes ago, SF2 said:

I dont remember anyone saying this.  Some people thought he should move to guard to extend his career with the Bengals and to improve the run game but I don't remember the fanbase not giving him credit or saying he couldnt handle speed rushers. 

It was back on the Bengals.com boards years ago. I was there posting and remember what Freddy is talking about, he's right on that. There were quite a few people that had an issue with Whit's ability at OT early on.

4 minutes ago, Hooky said:

Fuck him. He left. I don't give a shit if any bengals player won a ring somewhere else unless I knew them personally.

I loved it when Corey Dillion won it all despite not liking how he left. He suffered plenty here with those shit QB’s & coaches albeit, suffered while being extremely rich. 

Archived