KC Bengals

Kansas City pulled the classic Bengals disappearing act in the second half yesterday. I was rooting for them over Tennessee and had feelings of dejavu watching the second half of that game. Apparently, we're not the only ones with that particular disfunction.

It makes me wonder about how any team battles that problem. It's easy to just say halftime adjustments and maybe it's nothing more than that but if it were so easy, everyone would do it.

Oh well......just thinking out loud as I lament being out of the playoffs again this year. 5 in a row certainly spoils you.2.gif

24 minutes ago, HOF dan said:

Kansas City pulled the classic Bengals disappearing act in the second half yesterday. I was rooting for them over Tennessee and had feelings of dejavu watching the second half of that game. Apparently, we're not the only ones with that particular disfunction.

It makes me wonder about how any team battles that problem. It's easy to just say halftime adjustments and maybe it's nothing more than that but if it were so easy, everyone would do it.

Oh well......just thinking out loud as I lament being out of the playoffs again this year. 5 in a row certainly spoils you.2.gif

On the bright side, we didn't lose a playoff game this year.

45 minutes ago, HOF dan said:

They pulled a KC. They've lost, what, 5 or 6 straight home playoff games and blew a 31-10 lead 5 years ago.

3 hours ago, WRAPradio said:

I wanted Jacksonville to win, I figured they'd have a better chance of beating Pittsburgh than the Titans would have.

Yeah, but after watching that brutal display of "football" between the Bills and Jags, I have zero faith that the Jags can beat the Stealers.

31 minutes ago, Bunghole said:

Yeah, but after watching that brutal display of "football" between the Bills and Jags, I have zero faith that the Jags can beat the Stealers.

If you remember the last couple of playoff games where they've met, you'd have less than zero faith.  Uncalled cheap shots everywhere.  I will never forget the red zone play where Hines Ward grabbed their DB's facemask and dragged him into the endzone, then laughed as the refs called the guy for pass interference.  That was the same game where the Jags RB was getting back-boarded after a typical dirty Stooler play and the stadium PA started playing CCR's "Down on the Corner".  Shitsburgh fans were literally dancing in the aisles while this guy was being carried out on a stretcher.

Classless franchise, classless fans.  Jacksonville are lambs to the slaughter. 

2 minutes ago, T-Dub said:

If you remember the last couple of playoff games where they've met, you'd have less than zero faith.  Uncalled cheap shots everywhere.  I will never forget the red zone play where Hines Ward grabbed their DB's facemask and dragged him into the endzone, then laughed as the refs called the guy for pass interference.  That was the same game where the Jags RB was getting back-boarded after a typical dirty Stooler play and the stadium PA started playing CCR's "Down on the Corner".  Shitsburgh fans were literally dancing in the aisles while this guy was being carried out on a stretcher.

Classless franchise, classless fans.  Jacksonville are lambs to the slaughter. 

This morning on the local sports radio they were crying about how Jalen Ramsey gets away with PI sometimes and how it's going to be tough to overcome this weekend and all kinds of other similar bullshit.

I laughed. I'll laugh again this weekend if/when Ben throws 5 more picks to their D. Hope they can get it done because Blake Bortles surely won't be able to.

2 minutes ago, omgdrdoom said:

This morning on the local sports radio they were crying about how Jalen Ramsey gets away with PI sometimes and how it's going to be tough to overcome this weekend and all kinds of other similar bullshit.

I laughed. I'll laugh again this weekend if/when Ben throws 5 more picks to their D. Hope they can get it done because Blake Bortles surely won't be able to.

That's the only way they're going to win it.    The refs are going to hand the game to Shitsbugh.

7 minutes ago, T-Dub said:

That's the only way they're going to win it.    The refs are going to hand the game to Shitsbugh.

I'm not a big believer of the refs conspiring and whatnot for any certain team but it'll be interesting to see which side the bigger non-calls or any controversial challenges go this weekend. Can you imagine Titans v Jaguars as the AFC Championship Game lmfao

Obviously PIT v NWE is the big game that's being talked about before this weekend's games even happen, but I still think JAX v NWE is more marketable than PIT v TEN so I would believe more fuckery would occur on Saturday if it is to happen. Brady vs the elite Jax D would be a better storyline than anything they could come up with in Tennessee. I really think we're going to end up with PIT v NWE whether the calls go a certain way or not, they're just the better football teams right now. Would love to see Jacksonville do work though and make it all the way to the SB.

BTW, how the fuck did the Titans even win 9 games and make the playoffs? That offense is soooooooooo boring and...not good.

1 hour ago, Cat said:

It's already set up. Big Ben will 'fight back' after throwing 5 picks in the last game.

Ooh, maybe he will do the thing like in our last WC game and leave the field on a cart only to be back under center on the very next series.

If there is a bigger drama queen playing in the NFL I can't name them

What sucks is that the narrative is encouraged and being set up by the NFL through officiating. The NFL wants to recover lost TV ratings and will do what it can to support a Stealer v Pats AFC game. Granted, it could happen anyway given the weakness of the AFC field, but you can bet onthe refs trying to steer any game into the outcome the NFL wants. 

Archived