Orlando brown ot Oklahoma

Will hernandez g utep

Frank rangow c/g Arkansas

Rd3

Isiah Wynn c/g/ot Georgia

Jamarco Jones ot osu

Mason Rudolph qb osu

Bonus Mike gesecki te PSU.

12 is too early for price.  Brown is my #1 here.

I'll be skocked if Brown makes it out of 1.

Don't think Jones or Rudolph makes it to 3.

It's definitely WAY early on all counts but right now guys that may be available in and around our pick that look good are Connor Williams, Orlando Brown, Quenton Nelson and Mike McGlinchey. Nelson is my favourite. I want the best lineman on the Board at #12. Either side of the ball but preferably offensive line. I think the Bengals should be looking at Center, LB and WR in free agency to fill some of those gaps. Solid options are available there at those positions.

We certainly need better tackle play. Ogbuehi and Fisher will be around for camp since they are on cheap rookie deals. Maybe Pollack thinks he can get more out of them? IMO we need 4 new starters. We should go for a better quality free agent for at least 1 position, plus a journeyman who is better than the Winston/Newhouse types we normally sign. Something like Norwell+Richburg. Then draft McGlinchey in 1 and Wynn in 3. 

It reallllllly depends what happens in free agency.

Round 1

1. Quenton Nelson - if he's there you run to the podium regardless of what happens in free agency

2. Roquan Smith

3. James or McGlinchey depending on what happens in FA

Round 2

1, 2, 3. Any of the low round 1/high round 2 OG/OT prospects that happen to "fall". OL makes a lot of sense here

Round 3

1. Dalton Shultz (or whoever the team sees as the best TE on the board)

2, 3. ILB/OLB/DE - lot of guys being talked about in the 3rd-ish range, I'd just like to see these positions addressed at some point

12 minutes ago, sparky151 said:

We certainly need better tackle play. Ogbuehi and Fisher will be around for camp since they are on cheap rookie deals. Maybe Pollack thinks he can get more out of them? IMO we need 4 new starters. We should go for a better quality free agent for at least 1 position, plus a journeyman who is better than the Winston/Newhouse types we normally sign. Something like Norwell+Richburg. Then draft McGlinchey in 1 and Wynn in 3. 

There is a 0% chance of the Bengals are paying a 1st team All-Pro guard from another team when they wouldn't pay their own guy in Zeitler. Mike Brown has given big contracts to QB, WR, RB, CB, DL, it's obvious which positions they're really not interested in "overpaying" at.

Richburg + a cheap-ish G or T is a lot more realistic.

1 hour ago, rcarpenter62 said:

I am so on board with Price.  If it would be possible to slip down just a handful of spots & grab him, I will be over the moon.  I honestly don't care if they have to stay put & take him.  He is going to drop jaws at the combine when he reps out on 225.

lol.. I am all for getting Price too...but adding that at the end of your comment is hilariously ironic...

I am pretty sure Bodine set the record for centers with like 42 reps...

1 hour ago, rcarpenter62 said:

I am so on board with Price.  If it would be possible to slip down just a handful of spots & grab him, I will be over the moon.  I honestly don't care if they have to stay put & take him.  He is going to drop jaws at the combine when he reps out on 225.

I have finally sniffed him out! rcarpenter62 spelled backwards is, in fact, Mike Brown.

4 hours ago, omgdrdoom said:

There is a 0% chance of the Bengals are paying a 1st team All-Pro guard from another team when they wouldn't pay their own guy in Zeitler. Mike Brown has given big contracts to QB, WR, RB, CB, DL, it's obvious which positions they're really not interested in "overpaying" at.

Even if you believe the "Marvin demanded more control and more spending" philosophy, nothing in this team's track record shows they'd do this for the interior line (sign Norwell). They also didn't keep Eric Steinbach in his prime. Weston Richburg at OC (as mentioned) may be a more realistic bet. I'd like to see them go after Ryan Jensen but, even he may be out of their price range.

I really like Justin Pugh and Josh Kline as potentially more affordable options at OG. I'm interested to see if there is any connection with Jonathan Cooper. He was a first round draft pick although many consider him a bust. With Pollack here I can see them taking a shot if the price is right. Not saying I am for this but, I can see it.

The other potentially affordable upgrade is at LB. Demario Davis and Zach Brown seem like solid options as do Tahir Whitehead and Jon Bostic to a lesser degree.

2 minutes ago, BengalFanInTO said:

Even if you believe the "Marvin demanded more control and more spending" philosophy, nothing in this team's track record shows they'd do this for the interior line (sign Norwell). They also didn't keep Eric Steinbach in his prime. Weston Richburg at OC (as mentioned) may be a more realistic bet. I'd like to see them go after Ryan Jensen but, even he may be out of their price range.

I really like Justin Pugh and Josh Kline as potentially more affordable options at OG. I'm interested to see if there is any connection with Jonathan Cooper. He was a first round draft pick although many consider him a bust. With Pollack here I can see them taking a shot if the price is right. Not saying I am for this but, I can see it.

The other potentially affordable upgrade is at LB. Demario Davis and Zach Brown seem like solid options as do Tahir Whitehead and Jon Bostic to a lesser degree.

I've been pretty high on Kline since the middle of the regular season, I'd love to snag him if the Titans don't re-sign him. He wouldn't be expensive and would really help the line, same with Richburg. Jensen is a guy I've been reallllllly wanting, but he probably gets "overpaid" somewhere. The Bengals just don't pay top tier interior linemen so I'm not holding my breath for Jensen even though he would be such a huge upgrade. Honestly, I want to see them target some UFA OL guys regardless of how good I may think they are, it would be nice to see them actively trying to make a difference in our weakest area.

Brown and Whitehead are guys I'm interested in as well. Got to wonder if Whitehead would like to play for Austin again and get to be part of a good defense. LB is our weakest spot so maybe he'd play here on a reasonable 2-3 year deal.

1 hour ago, Rick said:

What would be wrong if we took Price in round 1 during our turn?

The way its looking and the way it always goes for us, he'll be gone.

How about Ragnow in round 2 if Price is gone when we pick in round 1?

Afterthought... wonder what new O line coach can do with Bodine?

If we keep him cheap.  Might be something to think about.

12 hours ago, omgdrdoom said:

If history repeasts, you're probably right. But going with Ogbuehi+Hopkins in place of Whitworth+Zeitler only saved the team about $25 mil on the cap. And ruined the season. We're more than 37 mil under the cap for 2018 with no key free agents we must re-sign. Instead of giving Eifert a big contract, put the money toward a top end O-linemen. But instead of Norwell for 12 mil per, the Bengal way would be Eifert for 8 plus Hill for 4. 

1 hour ago, Jason said:

It would be about a 12 pick reach.  And we need an OT as much if not more.

you need to keep in mind that Price is plug and play at either one of G or C .....that's gonna add a little value.

I think 12-18 will be about his range when it's all said and done. 

On 1/11/2018 at 5:59 PM, Jason said:

You're not the only one. The guys I've talked to in Norman (in the OU F.O. ) have both said that they've been told by every GM they've spoken to that the only way Brown would fall out of the first is if he absolutely butchers his combine/pro days, & they also said that from what they were told, they'd be more than a little surprised if he fell out of the first half of it.

12 hours ago, spicoli said:

you need to keep in mind that Price is plug and play at either one of G or C .....that's gonna add a little value.

I think 12-18 will be about his range when it's all said and done. 

Believe me, I am a Billy Price fan.  I think he will be a very good player, and he would meet a big need.  I just think there will be a better player meeting a bigger need (IMO) also available.  

On 1/11/2018 at 3:57 PM, Jason said:

He solves our center issue.

We still need 2 OTs and maybe a guard.

Solves center or guard.

On 1/11/2018 at 3:59 PM, Jason said:

I was thinking with price pick trading down.i do think brown is seen as being a purely rt and that will push him down.

6 minutes ago, Jpoore said:

Solves center or guard.

I was thinking with price pick trading down.i do think brown is seen as being a purely rt and that will push him down.

Center is more valuable, so if you take him put him at center. :smile: 

Archived