Top 3 targets in top 3 rounds

1 hour ago, Jason said:

Center is more valuable, so if you take him put him at center. :smile: 

Yeah. That's true. If we then sign an average guard in fact suddenly our interior oline is solid for the first time in the Dalton era. We then draft ot next year.

21 minutes ago, Rick said:

If we don’t take Price in round 1, we better take a left offensive tackle! Darn it!! 

Next year. No tackles worth it. Make a great interior line this year(price Hernandez Wynn is my dream list) then next year ot is very deep.

I think it's more likely that we end up signing someone like Richburg in FA than any of the decent or better guards. For that reason I'm assuming that Marvin is crossing his fingers that Nelson is somehow available at 12. OT or OG seems more likely to me at 12 than C, but I guess Price is supposed to be able to play guard at a high level too? I wouldn't hate him in the 1st whether it's a "reach" or not. I just hope we take someone who can help our team right away this season.

A lot will depend on FA. But right now, you have Fisher who is just plain a "I don't know". RG has to be addressed...

I hate to say it, but Bodine is our second best Lineman right now.

I don't think the Bengals have any logical moves to take in the first round that the best tackle they can get. They need to address guard on Day 2, and I don't think they have the luxury of overlooking any Tackles that look promising that day either. Unless they can land some guys in FA...

Outside of that, we need LB's. WR wouldn't hurt either.

4 hours ago, omgdrdoom said:

I think it's more likely that we end up signing someone like Richburg in FA than any of the decent or better guards. For that reason I'm assuming that Marvin is crossing his fingers that Nelson is somehow available at 12. OT or OG seems more likely to me at 12 than C, but I guess Price is supposed to be able to play guard at a high level too? I wouldn't hate him in the 1st whether it's a "reach" or not. I just hope we take someone who can help our team right away this season.

Me and u have had our problems bc I tend to call a lot of the players I like amazing or elite especially last year, but in this case it's true. According to multiple GM's and scouts, hed be a 1st round grade and the second best guard in this draft if he came out as guard. That kind of versatility isn't common. Most ppl can't play multiple positions at a extremely high level like that.. as far as tackle goes, we all know how Lewis is unwilling to admit his mistakes and I just don't see them giving up on tackles this year. I think they give it another year and if it doesn't work out they go ot next year when it's a super deep class.

1 hour ago, LostInDaJungle said:

A lot will depend on FA. But right now, you have Fisher who is just plain a "I don't know". RG has to be addressed...

I hate to say it, but Bodine is our second best Lineman right now.

I don't think the Bengals have any logical moves to take in the first round that the best tackle they can get. They need to address guard on Day 2, and I don't think they have the luxury of overlooking any Tackles that look promising that day either. Unless they can land some guys in FA...

Outside of that, we need LB's. WR wouldn't hurt either.

Lbs: most people are hyped up on roquan Smith and I bought into the hype without watching a ton of tape.. he's a great 3-4 blitzing linebacker. Not. A great will lb. He has the same concerns that I had about darron Lee. He won't take on blocks. He tries to run around them as opposed to go through them. That kicks him.way out of position. I'm off on him in the top 12. Trumain Edmunds is a absolute stud in the making though. He has unheard of play recognition and athleticsm. He's vontaze burfict play smart, but much more gifted athletically. At 6"5 250 lbs he runs a 4.47 40. He's only 19 years old so hes learning the finer points of the position still. But man he's got top 5 lb in the league in 2-3 years written all over him. He often received  criticism for recognizing a play too fast he takes a false first step. As far as wrs, there's only 2 i want in this draft.  Courtland Sutton and Anthony Miller.

16 hours ago, Rick said:

If we don’t take Price in round 1, we better take a left offensive tackle! Darn it!! 

If Connor Williams is available at 12, he'd be the pick. McGlinchey can probably play the left side too. But Brown isn't quick enough to protect Dalton's blind side. I'd rather take Nelson or Price at 12 and come back for Wynn later, even in round 2. He's short for a tackle but otherwise a helluva player.  Bolling can play LT in a pinch but I don't want him starting all season. If we have Wynn-Bolling-Richburg-Nelson-Smith next year as our starting line, that's better than what we had last season. 

On ‎1‎/‎11‎/‎2018 at 9:42 PM, BengalFanInTO said:

It's definitely WAY early on all counts but right now guys that may be available in and around our pick that look good are Connor Williams, Orlando Brown, Quenton Nelson and Mike McGlinchey. Nelson is my favourite. I want the best lineman on the Board at #12. Either side of the ball but preferably offensive line. I think the Bengals should be looking at Center, LB and WR in free agency to fill some of those gaps. Solid options are available there at those positions.

Nelson is also my 1st rd fav....but if we want him, we'll have to move up in front of the 49ers...I read one scenario where we give T.B. at pick #7 our pick #12, our 3rd rd pick 77 & our 4th rd conditional pick which has yet to be determined to move up & grab Nelson....I hope we can do this....

if we sit at 12 I bet we pick the Safety James.....or the OT McGlinchey...even though he's not a great OT he's the best in this years class....

all 3 of these players fill a huge void on this team....

if we go w/ James in rd #1.... I say go OT in rd #2...play him at RT

then OC in rd #3....??? Ragnow from Arkansas...???

ILB in rd #4  ?? or BPA

15 hours ago, Jpoore said:

Me and u have had our problems bc I tend to call a lot of the players I like amazing or elite especially last year, but in this case it's true. According to multiple GM's and scouts, hed be a 1st round grade and the second best guard in this draft if he came out as guard. That kind of versatility isn't common. Most ppl can't play multiple positions at a extremely high level like that.. as far as tackle goes, we all know how Lewis is unwilling to admit his mistakes and I just don't see them giving up on tackles this year. I think they give it another year and if it doesn't work out they go ot next year when it's a super deep class.

Lbs: most people are hyped up on roquan Smith and I bought into the hype without watching a ton of tape.. he's a great 3-4 blitzing linebacker. Not. A great will lb. He has the same concerns that I had about darron Lee. He won't take on blocks. He tries to run around them as opposed to go through them. That kicks him.way out of position. I'm off on him in the top 12. Trumain Edmunds is a absolute stud in the making though. He has unheard of play recognition and athleticsm. He's vontaze burfict play smart, but much more gifted athletically. At 6"5 250 lbs he runs a 4.47 40. He's only 19 years old so hes learning the finer points of the position still. But man he's got top 5 lb in the league in 2-3 years written all over him. He often received  criticism for recognizing a play too fast he takes a false first step. As far as wrs, there's only 2 i want in this draft.  Courtland Sutton and Anthony Miller.

Fisher couldn't handle the RT position even befor his heart problem....I see no way he's coming back......& if he does it seems it would have to be as a FB or a TE....

he can't handle an OT position....& honestly neither can Ced....

5 minutes ago, pucksinwah said:

Fisher couldn't handle the RT position even befor his heart problem....I see no way he's coming back......& if he does it seems it would have to be as a FB or a TE....

drafting these two OT's just killed us 2 years in a row....

look at our offense now...

DEAD LAST....

7 hours ago, pucksinwah said:

12 hours ago, sparky151 said:

If Connor Williams is available at 12, he'd be the pick. McGlinchey can probably play the left side too. But Brown isn't quick enough to protect Dalton's blind side. I'd rather take Nelson or Price at 12 and come back for Wynn later, even in round 2. He's short for a tackle but otherwise a helluva player.  Bolling can play LT in a pinch but I don't want him starting all season. If we have Wynn-Bolling-Richburg-Nelson-Smith next year as our starting line, that's better than what we had last season. 

Wynn isn't a tackle he's a guard in the next level. He's gonna be a REALLY good guard. I mean he won't be Hernandez Nelson good but he'll be a multiple pro bowler. 

7 hours ago, pucksinwah said:

drafting these two OT's just killed us 2 years in a row....

look at our offense now...

DEAD LAST....

Yes but u can't draft tackle this yet. If u do all your doing is drafting another ced or Fisher. U have to wait till next year. And if u have a solid interior, they can help out the tackles.

On 1/15/2018 at 12:56 AM, Jpoore said:

Wynn isn't a tackle he's a guard in the next level. He's gonna be a REALLY good guard. I mean he won't be Hernandez Nelson good but he'll be a multiple pro bowler. 

This would mean a lot more coming from someone who hasn't already called 30 different prospects in this draft "future pro bowler", "easily top 10 at their position", or "future all pro".

7 minutes ago, omgdrdoom said:

This would mean a lot more coming from someone who hasn't already called 30 different prospects in this draft "future pro bowler", "easily top 10 at their position", or "future all pro".

From what I can remember I've been saying that about this interior oline class bc it's Soo damn good! I can't remember an interior oline class this good. Maybe ever. 

On 1/12/2018 at 12:26 PM, BengalFanInTO said:

I have finally sniffed him out! rcarpenter62 spelled backwards is, in fact, Mike Brown.

That is not funny - I have never been so offended.  I laughed at the irony in me saying the part about bench reps... I certainly wasn't saying to draft him based on that, it was a comment I threw in.

Archived