• Chad, TJ, Slim
    • Green, Jones, Sanu
  2. 2. Which was the best WR trio in team history

• Collinsworth, Curtis, Kreider
    • Brown, McGee, Collinsworth
    • Chad, TJ, Slim
    • Gren, Jones, Sanu

22 minutes ago, USN Bengal said:

You young bucks just don’t know... Curtis, Kreider, and the present day stealer ball licker were the best.

They don't know Curtis was Jerry Rice before there was a Jerry Rice.  He's the reason they have the 5 yard rule.  I asked Marvin Jones after his rookie season if he knew who Curtis was and he said no.  I told him to look him up on youtube.

28 minutes ago, omgdrdoom said:

:lol:

That's the best joke I've heard in weeks

yes it is... 

as for the topic..

I am going with Chad, TJ and Slim.....perfect trio.

Chad was awesome..so underrated my the rest of the world and even some Bengals fans. he could do it all.

TJ was so gritty and could make that catch when you needed it.. dude was great

Slim was the prototypical downfield threat.. tall and fast as hell..

man.. in 05 when the quitter wasn't the quitter.. watching him sling it to those guys was so awesome..  they were the best team that year for 16 games and 1 minute

4 hours ago, fluhartz said:

yes it is... 

as for the topic..

I am going with Chad, TJ and Slim.....perfect trio.

Chad was awesome..so underrated my the rest of the world and even some Bengals fans. he could do it all.

TJ was so gritty and could make that catch when you needed it.. dude was great

Slim was the prototypical downfield threat.. tall and fast as hell..

man.. in 05 when the quitter wasn't the quitter.. watching him sling it to those guys was so awesome..  they were the best team that year for 16 games and 1 minute

Except go in motion, play slot, and play flanker. :smile:  Don’t get me wrong, he had good hands, great feet, quickness and speed, and was a great player when he tried to be. 

4 hours ago, fluhartz said:

Could make an argument that he's the best WR to ever play here. I know most of the "back in MY day!" Bengals fans will disagree, but I think the case could easily be made.

47 minutes ago, Jason said:

Except go in motion, play slot, and play flanker. :smile:  Don’t get me wrong, he had good hands, great feet, quickness and speed, and was a great player when he tried to be. 

meh... details.... :D

I love Chad...

37 minutes ago, omgdrdoom said:

Could make an argument that he's the best WR to ever play here. I know most of the "back in MY day!" Bengals fans will disagree, but I think the case could easily be made.

in his prime..before the ocho shit... yep 

On 1/11/2018 at 10:13 PM, ctfan73 said:

You’re missing the mid 70’s trio of Curtis, Joiner & Myers.  

I voted Chad et al for #1 but it was a different era when the ball was thrown more. Collinsworth, Curtis and Kreider was a good one, although Kreider never got a caught a bunch of passes but he was clutch and talented. On the list, I'd have voted Eddie Brown, McGee and Collinsworth #2 after Chad, TJ and Chris Henry. 

But you're right - this one was pretty amazing. Two guys who are HOF-worthy, although Joiner did more of his damage in SD; and Myers was really good, too. Guess you'd have to put that one at the top. 

On 1/12/2018 at 2:11 PM, Jason said:

He had incredibly quick feet and came out of breaks with rare acceleration.

Personally, I think Curtis was the best they ever had. He really had everything - blinding speed, soft hands, jumping ability, and run after catch. Teams used to mug him at the line of scrimmage. The NFL added the "Isaac Curtis rule" to give the receivers more room to operate (after 5 yards).   

Archived