Six Reasons the Bengals Made the Right Move with Marvin Lewis

http://bengalswire.usatoday.com/2018/01/12/reasons-bengals-made-right-move-marvin-lewis/

1. Lewis has an eye for talent

2. Lewis' choices for coaches so far has been excellent

3. What were the other options?

4. Removes risk from the process

5. The front office scenario is still alive

6. Players love him

To add to the reasons...working with MB.  While MB isn't as cheap as he used to be, it seems there are still some things Marv doesn't have control over that most other coaches/organizations do.  (more scouts, control of coaching staff, free agent strategy)  Those are just some of the things we (think we) know about, there are most likely other things that other coaches may not be able to work with (or without) here.

I can agree with much of what was stated in the article.  Marvin does seem to have an eye for talent and the vast majority of his players like playing for him.  It's hard to criticize the new coaching hires Marvin has made in terms of adding people with experience and a track record of success.  Given the constraints of dealing with the Brown family, it's fair to question if the Bengals can be trusted to find a better head coach than Marvin.  Not necessarily that it cannot be done, but I suspect most top candidates would not be willing to put up with all the BS that comes with the job.  I'm convinced they would have hired Gruden or Joseph if they were available and once that wasn't an option bringing back Marvin was the fall back option that Mike Brown could live with.

On 1/14/2018 at 5:37 PM, WRAPradio said:

To add to the reasons...working with MB.  While MB isn't as cheap as he used to be, it seems there are still some things Marv doesn't have control over that most other coaches/organizations do.  (more scouts, control of coaching staff, free agent strategy)  Those are just some of the things we (think we) know about, there are most likely other things that other coaches may not be able to work with (or without) here.

you forgot "key to the Gatorade fridge"

Reason #7: Marvin and Katie wanted to go on Winter Vacation and interviewing a bunch of new guys would have been a pain.   To be honest Bill O'Brien and Hue Jackson were not available which were the 2 guys they wanted.  O'Brien would have been awesome IF he had some control. 

After we lost to PissBurp, then was embarrassed by the Bears, I was driving the fire Marvin bus.

I like most of the hires he has done since being re-signed. But I've soured on him. And

Like Paul Brown said Winning makes believers of us all. So until the winning starts, I'm not

a fan of his re-signing. Put up or shutup

• 2 weeks later...
http://bengalswire.usatoday.com/2018/01/12/reasons-bengals-made-right-move-marvin-lewis/

1. Lewis has an eye for talent
2. Lewis' choices for coaches so far has been excellent
3. What were the other options?
4. Removes risk from the process
5. The front office scenario is still alive
6. Players love him

1. Good talent evaluator.

2. Good not great. Kept Alexander and Zampese too long. Leslie Frasier.

5. Until soP dies, no dice.

6. But are they motivated?

3 & 4. Really??!!!!! I hate this status quo bs. Are we just happy with a winning record?!! Preserving mediocrity?? I would rather give an up and coming coordinator a chance to breathe live into this org. I hate that they retained him.

PS. I have as many NFL playoff wins as Marvin Lewis.

Archived