2018 Playoffs Thread

26 minutes ago, Jamie_B said:

Nope didnt wait for it, but Ill be damned if Im not going to bring it up. 

I don't recall anybody being glad that he left, but as usual, many tend to rationalize over decisions they could do nothing about except move on. But then there's always some that are still crying over it 5 years later.

3 minutes ago, Hooky said:

I don't recall anybody being glad that he left, but as usual, many tend to rationalize over decisions they could do nothing about except move on. But then there's always some that are still crying over it 5 years later.

Oh there were plenty of "we didnt need him anyway" folks going on about how his D didnt win us anything either. 

Good for Zimmer, he deserves it.

11 hours ago, F.Cleveland said:

Diggs you whore!   Instant flashback to Denver game.   Gross.

na... that stokley play was pure luck

The Diggs play was a horrible play by Williams going for the hit instead of wrapping him up.....just stupid

4 hours ago, fluhartz said:

na... that stokley play was pure luck

The Diggs play was a horrible play by Williams going for the hit instead of wrapping him up.....just stupid

Many on here argued that Hall could've played the ball better and that there should've been a safety deep. Both plays were incredibly lucky regardless of how the defense played it.

1 hour ago, Hooky said:

Many on here argued that Hall could've played the ball better and that there should've been a safety deep. Both plays were incredibly lucky regardless of how the defense played it.

I think Hall played the ball great..it didn't bounce to the person it was intended for..he batted the ball and it bounced to stokley..but yes there should have been players deep..

8 hours ago, schotzee said:

I thought so. That's why I didn't understand in Weston's thread he had Minnesota Zimmers listed.

Yeah I grew up in New Orleans, went to every home game when Billy Kilmer and Archie Manning were the QBs (Ole run around and get sacked Archie) and then move to Ohio when I was 10 in 1974. The The Reds and Bengals were an incredible alternative to the  Aints those next few years.   My first Reds and pro baseball game was in 1974 at Riverdump.  I mean that team was ridiculous.

Williams had a great game until that dive.  I simply can't wrap my head around it.  Diggs was in the air,.. which means he cant actually make a cut or fake or do any Barry Sanders type shit and William dove at stationary legs (other than going straight up and down) and missed by what 2 feet?   Its pretty hard to digest.  He didn't miss by a few inches. 

BTW, I certainly am on the Vikings bandwagon at this point.  I do like Mike Zimmer and really really hate Philly and the Cheatriots. 

One thing the playoffs is showing us is that you do not need an "elite" QB to be successful.  Three of the four remaining QBs are inferior to Andy Dalton.  Foles, Keenum and Bortles?  Ugly.  Build the team around the QB. 

Oh, and fuck the Squeelers. 

Archived