Vita vea dt1

So we all know Vita vea is dontari Poe 2.0. he's a huge run stuffer but can also rush the passer like a top 10 dt. but we didn't know that he was THIS fast. According to reports, he ran a laser timed 4.81 40 time. That's insanely fast for any dt. He 6"4 345 pounds. I'd be perfectly fine taking him at 12.

1 hour ago, schotzee said:

He's also quite freakishly strong. Ultimate workout warrior. Not sure his skills will translate in the NFL. Maurice Hurst is more like a Geno type of guy who I think I'd prefer if it came down to either.

I don't get the fascination with Hurst. I wouldn't touch Hurst till at least rd4. What dont u think will translate? Commands triple teams, has one if the quickest first steps from a Dt I've ever seen, and his awareness is off the charts.

1 hour ago, Jpoore said:

I don't get the fascination with Hurst. I wouldn't touch Hurst till at least rd4. What dont u think will translate? Commands triple teams, has one if the quickest first steps from a Dt I've ever seen, and his awareness is off the charts.

You could be right on about him. I'm just wary of the workout warrior type of guys. It seems way more often than not, those type of guys end up as huge disappointments. Seems Tony Mandarichy to me, just plays on the opposite side of the ball.

11 hours ago, Jpoore said:
So we all know Vita vea is dontari Poe 2.0.

Um.. I don't.  I know he is Vita Vea 1.0, because that is who he is...

Are you a sports agent by any chance?  It's cool you're hyped for the draft & all but even a consensus #1 draft pick is just a prospect.  It's like you've never heard of a "bust" before or something?

How does this guy perform against other future NFL talent?  Somehow this key question goes unanswered for just about every future-HoF draft prospect leading up to the draft.  Getting caught up in workout numbers is how you end up with a John Ross.

That's the kid from Washington, right?  I watched his bowl game.  His best play was a tackle on special teams.  Showed his athleticism.  

But he made very little impact on defense in that game.  I remember one play PSU had a 3rd and short to convert and they ran right at him.  And got it.  I'll have to watch more of him before I can make a final assessment, but he did not impress me in that game.

3 hours ago, sparky151 said:

Twelve would be too high for Vea and DT isn't a big need for us anyway. I could see Cleveland trading up from early 2nd round to late 1st to take him and put him next to Shelton. 

A. It's way too early to be talking about way too early at the draft

B. DT is definitely a need for this team. I would be 100% fine if the BPA at #12 is a DE or DT and the Bengals take them.

14 hours ago, schotzee said:

You could be right on about him. I'm just wary of the workout warrior type of guys. It seems way more often than not, those type of guys end up as huge disappointments. Seems Tony Mandarichy to me, just plays on the opposite side of the ball.

See I think his workout will be average for his size. But him and Geno would both require double teams. So one of them would be getting pressure up the middle.

13 hours ago, sparky151 said:

Twelve would be too high for Vea and DT isn't a big need for us anyway. I could see Cleveland trading up from early 2nd round to late 1st to take him and put him next to Shelton. 

He might be gone by 12. He's that good.

12 hours ago, Madieu Superstar said:

I'm not sure it's a BIG need, but this team started Pat Sims all season. It's DEFINITELY a need. 

This.

Archived