No Money for FA's, Andre Smith a priority. Same old

4 hours ago, omgdrdoom said:

I think there would have been a huge difference in how the conversation went if you actually did say "unlikely" and not "fantasyland". Just IMO of course. I wouldn't have argued the former (can't speak for Weston), but I think he was correct in arguing the latter.

Argue, Argued, Arguing.... always seem to be the key words in almost all of your posts........just in case you haven't noticed.

2 hours ago, westside bengal said:

Argue, Argued, Arguing.... always seem to be the key words in almost all of your posts........just in case you haven't noticed.

This is a message board that would be even more dead than it already is if it was a huge circle jerk of everyone agreeing on every point.

But thanks for noticing!

Another thing that I find interesting that's unique to this board. I've been on many message boards for 10 - 15 or so years now, and this is the only place where members regularly whine about people arguing. Like, you guys realize that's one of the fucking points of a message board, right?????? 

Meh. This years draft will not have enough of an impact to make us a highly competitive team. We need to do something in FA very uncharacteristic of the organization to have the needed effect. Unless Fisher and Ced O miraculously become quality NFL starters and we draft or thru FA pick up an interior lineman, center and one good linebacker I don't see much happening.

The reason why the Vikings are playing tomorrow is the fact they have had exceptional drafts the last 6 years other than last year. Our recent drafts have only produced 1 or 2 decent players at best each year. The Vikings drafts have produced multiple high end to pro bowl quality players in almost every year. We have been bitten by the Schleprock bug.

The other issue is we have many of our better players, particularly on the d line, playing in the last year of their contracts and they are getting old. We cant keep swapping very good players aka Whit and Zeitler for the trash we have now. I wish I had a quick solution that I thought would actually occur but I don't see it. We just need to have a little luck have our early picks be quality NFL starters and have some of these later picks pan out like an Atkins or Carlos Dunlap.

1 hour ago, SF2 said:

The reason why the Vikings are playing tomorrow is the fact they have had exceptional drafts the last 6 years other than last year. Our recent drafts have only produced 1 or 2 decent players at best each year. The Vikings drafts have produced multiple high end to pro bowl quality players in almost every year. We have been bitten by the Schleprock bug.

So true and the one thing that makes New England so good every year is the way they develop players including cast offs from other teams.  I heard Flowers name mentioned a few times and knew I had heard it before but couldn't quite remember there.  I still like Bulkhead and am happy for his success there.  And they have an undrafted free agent linebacker from Villanova if not starting, making an impact.  I think picking up Harrison even as a situational sociopath was a good move.

Plus they have a team identity and some degree of pride in being part of the organization.

20 hours ago, T-Dub said:

It wouldn't take much for them to be better, that's for sure.

Improving the line is obviously priority #1 this offseason.  There is nowhere to go but up when you finish last in the league on offense and have the worst rushing numbers in franchise history.  If the line can go from being a major blaring weakness to just mediocre, that could make a big difference.

On 1/16/2018 at 5:01 PM, westside bengal said:

Atkins and Dunlap are probably thinking that they have one last big contract period.  The Bengals might give them a mega deal...who knows.  But I wouldn't be surprised to see them wait and test the FA waters.

In fact if the Bengals do not sign them early I would probably bet on at least one not returning.

I think more than the money, they might test FA seeking a club that has a shot at getting them a ring before they go. I'd sure be tempted to talk to the Pats or Stealers.

Marvin is now on his 4th rebuild of the Bengals. 

4 hours ago, High School Harry said:

Plus they have a team identity and some degree of pride in being part of the organization.

Very underrated comment there at the end.  It's hard to overcome the "Bung-els" image when Pacman Jones is the face of your franchise.

Archived