Offensive Makeover?

Blowin' the whole damn thing up and replacing it with a new system won't mean a fuckin' thing if you're still counting on Ogbuehi, Fisher or Smith as even one of your starting tackles and you'll be lucky to find a serviceable LT in the 2nd round (much less the 3rd or 4th).  It wasn't the system as much as a putrid OL with substandard parts that was the problem.

http://www.bengals.com/news/article-1/Lazors-new-staff-could-bring-some-big-changes/8915059e-5467-484b-8104-c77b6e262f45

I don't think anyone would disagree with you about the line. I just finished reading this article and was pretty encouraged with the direction Lazor seems to be heading. I think this offense has become way too predictable and because of that, way too limited over the past few years. I thinks that's one of the reasons for our second half deficiencies. It's way past time to mix this thing up and set out in some different directions.

It's hard not to like what I hear from Lazor.  When the numbers clearly show the poor performance of the Bengals' offense and consistent trends in the wrong direction, you cannot rule out radical change being needed.  What exactly that might look like is murky because of the new coaches and a roster that is in flux.  He seemingly acknowledged the obvious in his comments about size on the offensive front.  The kind of players he's talking about aren't currently on the roster and he knows it.  

How much of a stark contrast is this to Todd Haley being fired? He led the Steelers to the 2nd. 3rd. 7th. 3rd. The offensive rankings for the Steelers over the last 4 years under Haley.

How do you crucify that guy? You know how? Ben. Ben hated him and the Stealers chose to coddle their rapist instead of embracing success. 

Under Tomlin, the Stealers have NEVER had a losing season. Their worst record is 8-8. They've won six division titles, been to the playoffs NINE times and won a Superbowl and were runner up in another.

I hate Mike Tomlin, but I would welcome him here if the Stealers were stupid enough to fire him like they stupidly did to Haley. Fuck, bring Haley in here and let Lazor go.

9 hours ago, Bunghole said:

How much of a stark contrast is this to Todd Haley being fired? He led the Stealers to the 2nd. 3rd. 7th. 3rd. The offensive rankings for the Stealers over the last 4 years under Haley.

How do you crucify that guy? You know how? Ben. Ben hated him and the Stealers chose to coddle their rapist instead of embracing success. 

Under Tomlin, the Stealers have NEVER had a losing season. Their worst record is 8-8. They've won six division titles, been to the playoffs NINE times and won a Superbowl and were runner up in another.

I hate Mike Tomlin, but I would welcome him here if the Stealers were stupid enough to fire him like they stupidly did to Haley. Fuck, bring Haley in here and let Lazor go.

That was mystifying, indeed. 

The Stealers are many things I absolutely loathe, but I can sit here and point at them as being the picture of offensive consistently and firepower that I would like for the Bengals to be.

Conversely, I am encouraged by the Stealers mental implosion. They were and are prime for being knocked off their AFCN pedestal because they have bought too far into their own brand. They looked past the Jags and they believe they are the older stepbrothers of the division. They are so deliciously fallible right now...that’s part of the reason I want so badly for our front offense to get aggresssive.

13 hours ago, Bunghole said:

How much of a stark contrast is this to Todd Haley being fired? He led the Stealers to the 2nd. 3rd. 7th. 3rd. The offensive rankings for the Stealers over the last 4 years under Haley.

Go lay down.

3 hours ago, thezerawkid said:

That was mystifying, indeed. 

The Stealers are many things I absolutely loathe, but I can sit here and point at them as being the picture of offensive consistently and firepower that I would like for the Bengals to be.

Conversely, I am encouraged by the Stealers mental implosion. They were and are prime for being knocked off their AFCN pedestal because they have bought too far into their own brand. They looked past the Jags and they believe they are the older stepbrothers of the division. They are so deliciously fallible right now...that’s part of the reason I want so badly for our front offense to get aggresssive.

Fallible and phallic.

18 minutes ago, Inigo Montoya said:

True but they did shred the vaunted Jags defense for 42 points.  Not sure why Haley gets the blame when their defense made zero plays against an offense lead by Bortles.

You’re totally right...I was just going for extremely clumsy wordplay. 

Archived