Kipers first mock draft

49 minutes ago, Jpoore said:
Trumain Edmunds lb va tech. Yes please!

You didn't even have this guy mentioned in your top 3 targets in top 3 rounds thread. I'm confused. Is he the new flavor of the month with you or what? Admittedly, I don't know much about him.

19 minutes ago, schotzee said:

You didn't even have this guy mentioned in your top 3 targets in top 3 rounds thread. I'm confused. Is he the new flavor of the month with you or what? Admittedly, I don't know much about him.

Yeah he was my 4th or 5th target but admittedly hadn't gotten to him fully(only about 2 games watched) at the time. Man I wish I had watched him first. I absolutely love this dude. He's a cross between Anthony Barr and lavonte David. 6"5 250 sideline to sideline speed that doesn't match his size mid 4.4 40 speed. Has an extremely high play recognition almost too good. He takes the step before the play even develops. Has great great coverage skills. Can play mike or Sam. Very good at blitzing  as well. Best part? Only 19 years old. Doesn't turn 20 till May.

1 hour ago, schotzee said:

He's Ray Lewis 2.0 !!!!11  Unblockable!! He'd be an immediate upgrade to all 22 positions on either side of the ball!!!  Whichever team that drafts him will win all the superbowls, all the other teams will have to spend a year off backpacking across Europe, maybe learn photography & really get in touch with themselves so that they can accept it and move on.

:ninja:

1 minute ago, T-Dub said:

He's Ray Lewis 2.0 !!!!11  Unblockable!! Whichever team that drafts him will win all the superbowls, all the other teams will have to spend a year off backpacking across Europe, maybe learn photography & really get in touch with themselves so that they can accept it and move on.

Has he murdered anyone yet? If not he'll be a bust.

12 hours ago, Jpoore said:

Yeah he was my 4th or 5th target but admittedly hadn't gotten to him fully(only about 2 games watched) at the time. Man I wish I had watched him first. I absolutely love this dude. He's a cross between Anthony Barr and lavonte David. 6"5 250 sideline to sideline speed that doesn't match his size mid 4.4 40 speed. Has an extremely high play recognition almost too good. He takes the step before the play even develops. Has great great coverage skills. Can play mike or Sam. Very good at blitzing  as well. Best part? Only 19 years old. Doesn't turn 20 till May.

I for the life of me can't figure out if this guy is a troll or not. If he is, he's amazing!

I am really hoping that the Bengals will take a lineman in the first round (either side of the ball with a preference for offense). Having said that, I am one of the people who believes the Bengals LB group is MUCH worse than most believe. If Tremaine Edmunds is the BPA when the Bengals pick, I am all good with this selection.

9 hours ago, snarkster said:

Lack of homicide - I knew something was missing from Taze's game.

If Burdock kills somebody, he will get into the HOF and get a statue if he does it somewhere else. If he does it here, he will be just another bengal thug.

11 hours ago, snarkster said:

Lack of homicide - I knew something was missing from Taze's game.

Maybe Fred can step on his shoe or throw a Starbucks double caramel latte with whipped cream and chocolate swirl cup on his lawn like he did to Carson.

Fred ... Fred ... Fred?

(say his name three times in a mirror and he appears?)

As far as the draft, I think it is absolutely imperative for the Bengals to knock it out of the park with especially the first but also second rounds because the past two years have been virtually wasted with impact players who would have made some sort of difference.  IF (hate that word) we had taken two stud bookend tackles and a play making wide receiver the past two years, we would be singing a different tune.

But starter and playmaker at almost any position in the first. A slider, perhaps.  Edmunds sounds like he would fit that role if he slides.

Second round best available Center.  Price would be nice (trade up?) and there are a couple of others who would be an instant upgrade

over Bodine (who I would keep if cheap for putting in the mix at Guard and as a backup Center ... block, don't think).

MikeandKatie (I'm a big Katie fan no ninja) were pretty much painted into a corner and forced to keep Marv and the franchise has to do something to justify this to keep the support of the fans who aren't Hard Core like us!  

Who Dey!

And Fuck the Squeerlers and their Whine and Rim Cheese.

In the mean time, Go Minnesota Zimmers!

On 1/18/2018 at 9:18 PM, T-Dub said:

He's Ray Lewis 2.0 !!!!11  Unblockable!! He'd be an immediate upgrade to all 22 positions on either side of the ball!!!  Whichever team that drafts him will win all the superbowls, all the other teams will have to spend a year off backpacking across Europe, maybe learn photography & really get in touch with themselves so that they can accept it and move on.

He's a much better prospect than Peter Warrick.

Edmunds fits the mold physically, but he's a low football IQ/low instincts kind of player. He's bad in coverage. Lacks zone awareness. He's a good hitter, but he needs to be kept clean, has trouble disengaging blocks. Plays too much east-west instead of north-south.

You're hoping this guy gets better so that his physical tools can make an impact. He's most likely not an impact player day 1 at any position except for 3-4 OLB or 4-3 Joker.

Over they years I have come to the conclusion that coverage skills are around 60% instinct. You can coach up a guy who has a feel for it, but other guys just lack that spatial awareness to play zone coverage. If you see a guy who doesn't get it in his 3rd year of college ball, you're not going to see it in year 3 of their Pro career.

Mel Kiper is a stats whore. He's going to rate high 40 times just like BJ is going to pick the fattest guy and make an awesome thread about him. Edminds is NOT a top half of the 1st round pick. IMHO, he's a late 20's 3-4 OLB. (Ravens or Stealers actually)

2 hours ago, LostInDaJungle said:

Edmunds fits the mold physically, but he's a low football IQ/low instincts kind of player. He's bad in coverage. Lacks zone awareness. He's a good hitter, but he needs to be kept clean, has trouble disengaging blocks. Plays too much east-west instead of north-south.

You're hoping this guy gets better so that his physical tools can make an impact. He's most likely not an impact player day 1 at any position except for 3-4 OLB or 4-3 Joker.

Over they years I have come to the conclusion that coverage skills are around 60% instinct. You can coach up a guy who has a feel for it, but other guys just lack that spatial awareness to play zone coverage. If you see a guy who doesn't get it in his 3rd year of college ball, you're not going to see it in year 3 of their Pro career.

Mel Kiper is a stats whore. He's going to rate high 40 times just like BJ is going to pick the fattest guy and make an awesome thread about him. Edminds is NOT a top half of the 1st round pick. IMHO, he's a late 20's 3-4 OLB. (Ravens or Stealers actually)

Yeah, any college LB with the potential to be a 1st round draft pick is going to be a good hitter.  Maualuga was a good hitter in college.  These guys get in the NFL and the big hits turn into missed tackles.

6 hours ago, LostInDaJungle said:

I'm sorry but have u watched his tape? His best attribute is his football iq and instincts followed closely by his ability to cover lbs and rbs. His spatial awareness and his quickness in a body that big is unique. In zone coverage he's good but he excels in man coverage. He recognizes plays as soon as they're formed and he takes perfect angles to the ball, which is why he always beat the ball carrier to the spot.

12 hours ago, schotzee said:

You two seem to have a hard-on for each other. Therefore I dismiss both of your testimonies.

Until we pick up a good offensive tackle in FA this would be the worst possible pick next to punter and WR.

2 minutes ago, Jpoore said:

He's the 7th overall player in the draft according to mccshay.

I am not saying he is a bad linebacker, far from it.  What I will say is the 2 teams with the best defenses in the league lost yesterday to the teams with better offenses.  The rule changes have swung way to the side of offense.  We won't go anywhere without a much better offense, particularly the offensive line.

One fact most overlook is despite all of the hate for Blake Bortles, the Jags had the 5th ranked offense for points and 6th for total yards.   Their passing was ranked 17th in yards while ours was ranked 27th.  They had a good offense and were good enough to win yesterday.  Their offensive coordinator chickened out.  Running on every first down was so predictable and cowardly.

IMO every unit on the team is good enough to win (not that none of them could stand improvement) except the O-line.  Give this team a good O-line and I think it's a contender right away.  I don't care what you do with any other unit, until the line is better this team isn't going anywhere.  

Yes, I'd like a better #2 WR.  I'd like a good MLB.  I'd like a run stuffing DT.  I'd like a healthy Tyler Eifert.  But none of those matter with this starting O-line.

Archived