Kipers first mock draft

21 minutes ago, HavePityPlease said:

3. The Bengals' philosophy is "sign our own", and if there is "anything left after that", go for some FA's [philosophically true, mixed results in practice (Whitworth)].

There's always money left, we just have Hobson cry poor even when we have more cap space than the teams signing good players.

1 hour ago, omgdrdoom said:

Very true, but how hard/expensive will it be to find an upgrade to what we've seen on our line in 2017? I'm not trying to say we're going to see elite level OL play in 2018, but I do think it can be easily improved. When you're THAT bad, improvement shouldn't be very difficult lol

True, but 8-8 would be an improvement.  In terms of taking the next step to return to the playoffs & actually advance, I don't see an OL of draft picks and bargain FA's getting us there in 2018.  Like I said, guys on the roster right now are going to have to step up for that to happen, along with some new names that can play right away.

1 hour ago, omgdrdoom said:

There's always money left, we just have Hobson cry poor even when we have more cap space than the teams signing good players.

31 other teams would be backloading contracts and trying to push their squads after 5 consecutive first round bounces... Mike Brown saves $20 Million so he can extend Burfict with a frontloaded contract.

Bengals in a nutshell.

15 minutes ago, LostInDaJungle said:

31 other teams would be backloading contracts and trying to push their squads after 5 consecutive first round bounces... Mike Brown saves $20 Million so he can extend Burfict with a frontloaded contract.

Bengals in a nutshell.

Hell, the Jaguars went from 3-13 to winning a playoff game in 1 offseason by making good moves.

It's just frustrating being a Bengals fan sometimes when you see stuff like that happen. I mean I'm definitely happy that our 2011-2015 was quite exciting compared to what Jags fans had to endure, but sometimes you just need to "go for it" and target players from other teams that are actually good at NFL football.

17 hours ago, Jpoore said:

U better hope they don't grab mcg. He struggles massively against leverage speed rushers, which makes up 80 percent off NFL pass rushers. They should draft a high upside tackle late after building up the interior oline early.

He does not struggle massively, that is utter nonsense. If we pick a linebacker over this guy it simply means Brown is not interested in even trying to win this year.   A good linebacker can start day 1.  Offensive linemen actually have to learn a lot plays and audibles which takes way more time and experience.  We go nowhere  with the 32nd ranked offense regardless of how good our defense is.    

On 1/24/2018 at 5:09 PM, SF2 said:

He does not struggle massively, that is utter nonsense. If we pick a linebacker over this guy it simply means Brown is not interested in even trying to win this year.   A good linebacker can start day 1.  Offensive linemen actually have to learn a lot plays and audibles which takes way more time and experience.  We go nowhere  with the 32nd ranked offense regardless of how good our defense is.    

Actual footage of JPoore watching game tape:

0401-mike-smith-bubbles-getty-4.jpg

On 1/24/2018 at 10:26 AM, LostInDaJungle said:

Bengals in a nutshell.

“Here, in honor of your chosen way of playing the game, we want to ensure you make 75% of your contracted money before you end up at the end of the bench drooling and shitting yourself two out of every three downs.”

I swear dude is already looking glassy-eyed.

1 minute ago, schotzee said:

Not saying I necessarily believe it, but it wouldn't surprise me. As they say money talks.

I'm not sure I believe it to be honest, you would think if it were true that after all these years this would not be the first accusation of it, but this is the first time someone accused him.

28 minutes ago, Jamie_B said:

I'm not sure I believe it to be honest, you would think if it were true that after all these years this would not be the first accusation of it, but this is the first time someone accused him.

There's a lot of that going around. Almost like accusing powerful people of things is risky when they can still hurt you.

27 minutes ago, Jamie_B said:

Very true . Judging from the article I get a non credible vibe from the accuser. Like the article states, he better have some solid proof to back up that accusation. I notice he didn't rat out the so called agent by name either.

18 hours ago, schotzee said:

Very true . Judging from the article I get a non credible vibe from the accuser. Like the article states, he better have some solid proof to back up that accusation. I notice he didn't rat out the so called agent by name either.

Well, the guy went from nowhere to being on Mel's first round board.  Being the 28th pick was worth about $8 mil over 5 years. There is certainly some huge incentive to do it.  Does Kipper's ratings have any weight or is there any evidence of this actually occurring?  Figure he only needs to do this once or twice a draft for maybe 100k each.  Move a guy up from mid round 2 to late 1 is worth WAY more than that.   Kipper has the ability to market a player more than anyone else so just getting more eyeballs on a player can't hurt his chances. 

43 minutes ago, SF2 said:

Well, the guy went from nowhere to being on Mel's first round board.  Being the 28th pick was worth about $8 mil over 5 years. There is certainly some huge incentive to do it.  Does Kipper's ratings have any weight or is there any evidence of this actually occurring?  Figure he only needs to do this once or twice a draft for maybe 100k each.  Move a guy up from mid round 2 to late 1 is worth WAY more than that.   Kipper has the ability to market a player more than anyone else so just getting more eyeballs on a player can't hurt his chances. 

Idk , if his word influence is powerful enough or not, but like Jason said, you would hope scouts of teams aren't relying too much on his opinion.

11 hours ago, schotzee said:

Idk , if his word influence is powerful enough or not, but like Jason said, you would hope scouts of teams aren't relying too much on his opinion.

Like I said its more of a marketing thing than anything else.  If you don't think your player is getting a good look then having Mel blow him can't hurt.  Now if you player sucks,..well.  

Archived