CHANGE IS A COMIN’

18 hours ago, LostInDaJungle said:

Well, if he had made a pro-bowl or two he'd be signing for too much money for the Bengals to bring him back. If Zeitler has been an average guard, he'd still be here.

I call it the Blackburn paradox.

Paradox is the right word.  The only hope that Bodine doesn't return is if another team outbids the Bengals. That's not likely because he stinks and everyone can see it except the Bengals. 

17 hours ago, Madieu Superstar said:

So do not try and get a good center because (shockingly) they cost money. Instead keep the guy whose instincts tell him to jump in the air (instead of cutting the legs), when a defensive lineman tries to deflect a pass. 

Makes sense 

Look, Bodine isn't good.  I am saying it's just not a slam dunk to sign anybody.  You know the Bengals aren't going to get in a bidding war for Jensen or any other high priced FA.  If they were it should be for a tackle, not a center.  As bad as Bodine is he isn't nearly as bad as the tackles on the roster.  That is where they should spend money in FA.  If you can get Bodine on a reasonable deal where you can cut bait in a year or two that may be the way to go.  Draft a center and see how fast he can get ready to start. 

3 hours ago, Inigo Montoya said:

Paradox is the right word.  The only hope that Bodine doesn't return is if another team outbids the Bengals. That's not likely because he stinks and everyone can see it except the Bengals. 

And if another team signs him, he will probably go to the Pro Bowl.

And if the Patriots sign him, you can count on it.

Besides, if Fred was here he would have statistics to prove Bodine is a top tier center.

Right Fred?  Fred? Fred?  Has anyone seen Fred?

:ph34r:

2 hours ago, High School Harry said:

Besides, if Fred was here he would have statistics to prove Bodine is a top tier center.

Right Fred?  Fred? Fred?  Has anyone seen Fred?

:ph34r:

Didn't he disappear right after Paul Alexander was fired?  According to rumors on the internet they have been seen together playing Schubert's "Fantasie in F Minor"

1/2:ninja:

6 hours ago, UncleEarl said:

Look, Bodine isn't good.  I am saying it's just not a slam dunk to sign anybody.  You know the Bengals aren't going to get in a bidding war for Jensen or any other high priced FA.  If they were it should be for a tackle, not a center.  As bad as Bodine is he isn't nearly as bad as the tackles on the roster.  That is where they should spend money in FA.  If you can get Bodine on a reasonable deal where you can cut bait in a year or two that may be the way to go.  Draft a center and see how fast he can get ready to start. 

You're most likely going to be running a blocking scheme tho season that requires EVEN MORE athleticism from your lineman than you've seen in the past.

Just let that sink in as you imagine Bodine having to move on an outsize zone run during a game.  

Besides just totally sucking, his (few) strengths and (many) weaknesses do not fit this scheme at all.

He stands to be even worse next year. 

On 1/26/2018 at 3:50 PM, Bleeds Orange said:

The team don't need no stinkin' O-linemen anyway.  Speedy receivers are the key to continued success.

I know you are trying for humor, but word on the street is that the Bengals spent a bunch of time at the Senior bowl scouting receivers.  Mikey loves skill position players and more often than not he takes one in his first couple picks.  I won't be surprised if he does it again this year even with glaring issues on the line.

12 minutes ago, Inigo Montoya said:

I know you are trying for humor, but word on the street is that the Bengals spent a bunch of time at the Senior bowl scouting receivers.  Mikey loves skill position players and more often than not he takes one in his first couple picks.  I won't be surprised if he does it again this year even with glaring issues on the line.

Hope not. Couldn't he see how well that didn't work with Al Davis?!

seems like the O-line played well in spurts...

we almost beat G.B. in G.B. in week 2

then late in the yr, last 2 games the O-line did pretty well...

strange...

I am hoping Bodine is not resigned......but it seems this org hates to get rid of anyone....

so I bet they resign him....

Archived