Many in Bengals Organization feel McCarron is better than Dalton?

1 hour ago, SF2 said:

"Said he talked to someone at Senior Bowl who is  with the Bengals.."      Meh, I could make the same claim and every Dalton hater would believe me. 

But what if you worked for an NFL team, were at the Senior Bowl and didn't say it just so haters would believe you?

By the way, I have seen nothing to make me believe McCarron is better. Or even as good.

I don't believe McCarron is anywhere close to Dalton.....

in fact I think Driscoll is better than McCarron.....

i'm open to trading both Dalton & McCarron if the deal was sweet enough....

go w/ Driscoll & "whoever" we can get n the draft....

i'd love to get Jackson out of Louisville in rd #1 to go along w/ our #12 pick who will probably be the big OT from N.D.

fix the line, then go w/ these two fleet footed QB's.... Driscoll & Jackson....

but I know it'll never happen....Bengals would never be so radical......

Not sure I believe this speculation, but if true the pro-McCarron contingent must have zero power within the organization.  Anywho, the hearing date for AJ's grievance is coming up in a couple of weeks.  I am hoping he is ruled as a RFA and we can pry one of Cleveland's 2nd round picks for him in a trade.  

1 hour ago, pucksinwah said:

I don't believe McCarron is anywhere close to Dalton.....

in fact I think Driscoll is better than McCarron.....

i'm open to trading both Dalton & McCarron if the deal was sweet enough....

go w/ Driscoll & "whoever" we can get n the draft....

i'd love to get Jackson out of Louisville in rd #1 to go along w/ our #12 pick who will probably be the big OT from N.D.

fix the line, then go w/ these two fleet footed QB's.... Driscoll & Jackson....

but I know it'll never happen....Bengals would never be so radical......

Or so stupid.

5 hours ago, westside bengal said:

If the story was true and I doubt if it was...the Bengals probably didn't have but a few folks at the Senior Bowl.  It shouldn't be too hard to figure out who was talking.

Actual named sources are over-rated these days. Makes it easier to say whatever they fucking want.

Jay Gruden and Andy Dalton Combination failed.  Waste OUR best chance to get it off the ground.  If Jay Stayed around maybe not, but since he left and wanted Andy we were stuck with a combo that broke up and just did not work.  Also AJ McCarron if he were our QB with solid playing time, we would have won a playoff game by now.  However everyone who continues to Celebrate Andy and his short comings, well expect the same thing over and over again and keep complaining even though your part of the problem.  AJ McCarron will have a great career as QB in the NFL. 

1 hour ago, Marlon23 said:

Jay Gruden and Andy Dalton Combination failed.  Waste OUR best chance to get it off the ground.  If Jay Stayed around maybe not, but since he left and wanted Andy we were stuck with a combo that broke up and just did not work.  Also AJ McCarron if he were our QB with solid playing time, we would have won a playoff game by now.  However everyone who continues to Celebrate Andy and his short comings, well expect the same thing over and over again and keep complaining even though your part of the problem.  AJ McCarron will have a great career as QB in the NFL. 

AJ  McCarron's career may never get off the ground. The only team it seems, that has shown any interest is the Browns which is QB purgatory.  

I dont see any other scenario where our 6th round QB with limited playing time goes anywhere other than in a backup roll.

8 hours ago, SF2 said:

AJ  McCarron's career may never get off the ground. The only team it seems, that has shown any interest is the Browns which is QB purgatory.  

I dont see any other scenario where our 6th round QB with limited playing time goes anywhere other than in a backup roll.

Which should maybe tell fans something about his actual skill level and potential, but there's no denying his biggest asset; he is not Andy Dalton.  All the hype around him proceeds directly from there.

48 minutes ago, schotzee said:

Mccarron would be better overall in team winning results imo. He's more assholish than Dalton by miles. That's what you need in a QB imo.

If being an asshole were that important Kitna would have a SB ring.

That being said, nobody in the organization holds anyone else accountable. It starts at the top.  They're all being Redeemed. 

12 hours ago, SF2 said:

If he does get the chance, we will know what we did not play.  The guy is a winner up and down.  I think the Bengals will retain him and he will get some playing time for sure.  I think if we keep Andy Dalton we will continue to have the same results.  The guys just don't respond to Andy, he is just not a motivator or a leader that many guys feel that swag with.  He is too stiff.  No Swag.

15 hours ago, Marlon23 said:

However everyone who continues to Celebrate Andy Marvin and his short comings, well expect the same thing over and over again and keep complaining even though your part of the problem.  

Fixed that just for you!

12 hours ago, Marlon23 said:

If he does get the chance, we will know what we did not play.  The guy is a winner up and down.  I think the Bengals will retain him and he will get some playing time for sure.  I think if we keep Andy Dalton we will continue to have the same results.  The guys just don't respond to Andy, he is just not a motivator or a leader that many guys feel that swag with.  He is too stiff.  No Swag.

The reality is Dalton is an average QB on a NOW very cheap contract for a starter. Alex Smith just signed a 4 year $94 mil contract with $71 mil guaranteed. We have Andy for 3 more years at about $17 mil a year.   Unless McCarron can prove he is better and will sign for less, Dalton isn't going anywhere.

7 minutes ago, SF2 said:

The reality is Dalton is an average QB on a NOW very cheap contract for a starter. Alex Smith just signed a 4 year $94 mil contract with $71 mil guaranteed. We have Andy for 3 more years at about $17 mil a year.   Unless McCarron can prove he is better and will sign for less, Dalton isn't going anywhere.

Wait. Are you saying that Mikey doesn't care about swag? Or is there a slight chance that Marlon is full of shit?

23 hours ago, SF2 said:

Nor are the Cincinnati Bengals if Andy Dalton continues to be our QB.  The offense is absolutely stuck in the mud, and the excuses are running thin for Andy Dalton.  Good Chance we see AJ McCarron coming in and igniting the offense cause the Players react differently with him in the game than they do with Andy.  Andy is too stiff and has too much whiteness ie no swag or leadership.  Image result for poindexter

I am neither a Dalton Apologist nor Hater. I truly don't believe McCarron is a better option for the Bengals. Having said that, it's time to start to look at other options including McCarron. The Bengals offense finished 32nd and 26th this year in yards and points respectively. That's terrible. Yes, the offensive line was abysmal and they started the year under the "guidance" of Ken Zampese but...Dalton's track record is starting to look very Marvin-esque. Never quite enough, choking and excuses. Dalton is a statistically decent QB with an affordable contract. Not sure that's good enough if they are looking to put this thing back on the tracks. If McCarron ends up leaving through trade or free agency, the Bengals really need to consider what they are doing moving forward.

On 2/3/2018 at 8:36 AM, SF2 said:

After doing the QB carousel post I agree. after the music stops I don't see anyone going after him. If he is a UFA I could see a scenario where he signs for very cheaply and competes (JAX) or is deemed a potential heir (NE, NO) but I don't think the market is going to be there for him as a UFA. If I were in his shoes I would still want the opportunity, but there are lots of QBs that feel as good as McCarron on the market. Is he really a huge upgrade from Trevor Simien, Tyrod Taylor, Blake Bortles?

Archived