Many in Bengals Organization feel McCarron is better than Dalton?

51 minutes ago, Gary said:

I know I get flack for this but I think McCarron is better than Dalton, and would love for the Bengals to go forward with McCarron at QB. I don't want this to turn into a Garoppolo situation.

Gary, I agree with you. If McCarron starts next year, with Mixon running well, we will make the playoffs in 2018.

On 2/8/2018 at 8:37 AM, omgdrdoom said:

I think there's a pretty clear line between calling someone an asshole or making a joke and then outright slurs. Just my opinion, but I don't think there's room for that on a sports message board. There are ways to poke fun or make a joke without using literal racial or homophobic slurs.

The whole "it's not offensive because everyone finds different things offensive" is a very silly argument to use to defend blatant slurs. I must say it's been a pretty popular type of defense lately though on social media.

Poster1 - *something super racist*

Poster2 - "Well I think that's a bit unnecessary"

Poster1 - "WOW WHAT ARE YOU A BIG PUSSY OMG EVERYTHING OFFENDS YOU WE CAN'T JUST GET RID OF EVERYTHING THAT OFFENDS OR THERE WOULD BE NOTHING LEFT!!!"

It's just a shameful way of defending someone being blatantly homophobic or racist. I'm not a fan of that shit whatsoever. When throwing around a racial/homophobic epithet is allowed in the sports section of a message board is when I'll be finding a new place to hang around.

Trump's America 

5 hours ago, Jamie_B said:

Trump's America 

It's been pretty bad for a long time. Trump didn't cause the racial divide. The media is using him as the patsy though. I started noticing it when the BLM started propping up these criminals are martyrs. Then the media from there made everything about race. It sucks, but as long as they keep reporting this crap then it's going to be in the forefront. It wasn't Trump, and it didn't help when Obama called out the cops in a news conference when he didn't have any of the facts. I blame the liberal media and BLM for making everything about race. No, I am not white. 

13 hours ago, Gary said:

I know I get flack for this but I think McCarron is better than Dalton, and would love for the Bengals to go forward with McCarron at QB. I don't want this to turn into a Garoppolo situation.

12 hours ago, Rick said:

Gary, I agree with you. If McCarron starts next year, with Mixon running well, we will make the playoffs in 2018.

Just when I was about to say that this is the stupidest shit posted in this thread so far....

7 hours ago, Gary said:

It's been pretty bad for a long time. Trump didn't cause the racial divide. The media is using him as the patsy though. I started noticing it when the BLM started propping up these criminals are martyrs. Then the media from there made everything about race. It sucks, but as long as they keep reporting this crap then it's going to be in the forefront. It wasn't Trump, and it didn't help when Obama called out the cops in a news conference when he didn't have any of the facts. I blame the liberal media and BLM for making everything about race. No, I am not white. 

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

57 minutes ago, omgdrdoom said:

Just when I was about to say that this is the stupidest shit posted in this thread so far....

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

It's amazing how people can have a different perspective on the same events. We see things one way, and a guy peeking out from behind a swastika sees things a completely different way. It's all just a matter of perspective.

12 hours ago, omgdrdoom said:

Sorry I don't conform to your belief systems. I am sure they are 100% correct (in your mind)

2 hours ago, Gary said:

Sorry I don't conform to your belief systems. I am sure they are 100% correct (in your mind)

When you're trying to make a point about racism and the first example that comes to mind is BLM? Not to throw gas on this dumpster fire, but it's a very revealing comment.  If you want to argue about it though, we have a separate subforum for that stuff.

7 hours ago, T-Dub said:

When you're trying to make a point about racism and the first example that comes to mind is BLM? Not to throw gas on this dumpster fire, but it's a very revealing comment.  If you want to argue about it though, we have a separate subforum for that stuff.

This...

Should the Bengals ditch Dalton?

February 14, 2018  Bengals.

Are you a Cincinnati Bengals fan ready to see someone else take the snaps for the team next season?

Sports Illustrated is with you.

Or at least the guy who breaks down film and writes the team previews for the magazine is.

Writes Andy Benoit in the most recent issue:

This is as much about a franchise philosophy as it is about Andy Dalton in particular. The Bengals’ approach has long been to pay for a middle-tier QB and surround him with talent, investing early picks at receiver, running back, tight end and offensive tackle. With Dalton there have been ups and downs (dictated largely by how well he moves within the pocket), and all but one of his seven campaigns have ended somewhere between 6–10 and 11–5. That’s respectable but ultimately unfulfilling. If owner Mike Brown is unwilling to change leadership at the coaching level, he at least needs to evolve Cincinnati’s on-field identity. This year’s draft offers at least four first-round QBs, and Dalton would count just $2.4 million in dead money against the cap if he was released.

So there you have it.

If anyone tries to tell you only irrational fans would advocate replacing an average quarterback at a time half the league or more doesn’t have an average quarterback, just point them to this story.

Someone with no skin in the game is calling for it now.

Although I’m not sure where Benoit got the idea the Bengals have always settled for middle-tier QB play (Ken Anderson, Boomer Esiason and Carson Palmer would all beg to differ), the rest of the analysis is spot-on.

“Respectable but unfulfilling” should be Dalton’s Twitter handle.

It’s a great descriptor for Dalton and the Bengals teams Dalton has led… except the last two seasons when they weren’t even that (though he was individually).

However, there is no reason to think this is advice the team will be taking. Mike Brown and Marvin Lewis seem quite committed to Dalton, who does come comparatively cheap these days if nothing else.

http://bengals.blog.daytondailynews.com/2018/02/14/should-the-bengals-ditch-dalton/?ecmp=daytondaily_social_twitter_2014_sports_sfp

I'd love to sit down and talk to some of these goofs that write articles for major sports publications that constantly take shots at Andy Dalton. I'm curious how much they've actually seen of him or if they're just parroting the narrative or getting more hits when they trash the guy. Andy is a good but not elite QB, plain and simple. If you actually watch this team play and see Andy Dalton as the problem, you're fucking blind.

4 minutes ago, omgdrdoom said:

I'd love to sit down and talk to some of these goofs that write articles for major sports publications that constantly take shots at Andy Dalton. I'm curious how much they've actually seen of him or if they're just parroting the narrative or getting more hits when they trash the guy. Andy is a good but not elite QB, plain and simple. If you actually watch this team play and see Andy Dalton as the problem, you're fucking blind.

they are blind..Bengals could win the Super Bowl with Andy being the MVP some people will still say that shit.

2 minutes ago, Marlon23 said:

Andy Dalton can't get it done.  AJ McCarron is a born leader and Andy Dalton is a born farter. 

good one dude.. you on recess or lunch?

On 2/14/2018 at 1:12 AM, Gary said:

No

Archived