Bengals Dot Com Draft Composit

3 hours ago, omgdrdoom said:

Perkins literally played 6 snaps the entire season. Not saying you can't be a fan of his, but 6 snaps is essentially 0 from a player evaluation standpoint.

If they draft a LT I could see Ced being a swing backup type on our roster next year. I don't foresee them cutting him but it would be nice to see Ced as a backup instead of a starter.

I think you're correct about Redmond, he looked decent at the end of the year and the team likes to roll with guys they're familiar with. I think he could be a good RG with some development.

Do you know where you read that about Andre? I haven't really heard much about him since his season ended and would be interested in how legitimate the source is. I'm one of the people hoping we re-sign him to hold down the RT spot so it would be a bummer to see him leave again.

Fair comment on Perkins but hey, he didn't screw up and he didn't look out of place. Reportedly he had a strong TC as well, if that means anything. 

Re: Andre, I don't remember where I read that... somewhere on-line, or maybe it was one of the Bengal beat writer podcasts. One of the two. I'm sure that's really helpful. :)  Andre does help the run game and he's good insurance if he doesn't start... which he possibly could, even with Fisher fully healthy. 

On 2/6/2018 at 9:06 AM, SF2 said:

You can't run the ball with bad offensive tackles.  You can't run the ball if you can't protect the QB in the passing game either.  You can't fill the stadium with  run first offense either, just look at 2009.  We were a playoff team but only 16th in home attendance.  That team was so boring. 

True. But u can and should build from the inside out with this draft. I think c g g t first 3 rounds

1 hour ago, Jpoore said:

True. But u can and should build from the inside out with this draft. I think c g g t first 3 rounds

The only interior OL worth taking at 12 will most likely be gone.  Take the best tackle, or BPA if it's someone who is clearly a better player, AND would start right away.

On ‎2‎/‎3‎/‎2018 at 10:51 PM, PatternMaster said:

If Nelson is there at 12 and the Bengals don't take him they would be idiots. Hopefully, the new oline coach will tell the team how taking a center and a guard in the first round worked out for the Cowboys oline. Nelson in the first and Crosby in the second if he's available if not then James Daniels. 

The Bengals need to sure up that oline with a mix of proven talent and young prospects because the cupboards are pretty bare. 

no way Nelson will be there at #12....

I wish.....i'd love to get him...

w/ that said....

I bet the war room will pick one of the OT's...

b/c imo, we really need 2 of them....

better get the best one we can get...at 12....

if we have to get one in rd 2, he'd be the 5th best OT maybe....?

& protecting A.D.'s blind side is too important....

On 2/7/2018 at 5:23 PM, Jason said:

The only interior OL worth taking at 12 will most likely be gone.  Take the best tackle, or BPA if it's someone who is clearly a better player, AND would start right away.

Price is easily worth taking at 12. He's a late teens pick right now and will only rise with combine and and people day which he will absolutely destroy. There aren't any tackles in the first round who would start over the tackles we have now.

1 hour ago, Jpoore said:

Price is easily worth taking at 12. He's a late teens pick right now and will only rise with combine and and people day which he will absolutely destroy. There aren't any tackles in the first round who would start over the tackles we have now.

No, he's not.  I'm a huge OSU fan and a Billy Price fan, but he would be a reach at 12.  He's closer to the mid 20s.

2 hours ago, Jpoore said:

Brown or McGlinchey would start at RT if Andre doesn't re-sign here.

1 hour ago, Jason said:

No, he's not.  I'm a huge OSU fan and a Billy Price fan, but he would be a reach at 12.  He's closer to the mid 20s.

If he's in a huge position of need I'd rather have a "reach" that will actually start and play a ton of snaps over another injured receiver or corner. WTS I'd obviously like a top prospect with the #12 pick but I'd probably rather have Price over whoever Mike Brown or Duke Tobin wants there.

Best case scenario for us seems to be all of the QBs going before we pick and letting one of the top safeties, linemen, or linebackers fall in our lap.

13 hours ago, omgdrdoom said:

Best case scenario for us seems to be all of the QBs going before we pick and letting one of the top safeties, linemen, or linebackers fall in our lap.

I think in the current day version of the NFL Draft, this is very possible. Trades in the early first round are much more prevalent which typically pushes some talent down the order. I truly believe there will be a bonafide Top 10 talent at a position of need available when the Bengals hit the podium. As long as it is an OT, OG, LB or S...I'm good (I'd even be OK with a top DT or DE).

Right now my top picks I'd like to see are Quenton Nelson, Orlando Brown, Derwin James and Tremaine Edmunds. 

16 hours ago, Jason said:

Right now. He's around 18-22. But when he benches 37 reps at 225 and destroys the combine he'll be at around 12-16. And u get someone who can play 2 positions at a extremely high level. I'll take that over an average tackle 

Billy Price is a non-issue.  He will be drafted before we pick and be in the league 15 years before going to the

Hall of Fame.

We are going wide receiver.

Why?  Because it makes no sense and Mike Brown and his sock puppet, Marvy,

never saw  awide receiver they didn't love.

On 2/9/2018 at 10:51 PM, Jpoore said:

Right now. He's around 18-22. But when he benches 37 reps at 225 and destroys the combine he'll be at around 12-16. And u get someone who can play 2 positions at a extremely high level. I'll take that over an average tackle 

That would be awesome when the Bengals make it to the Weightlifting Bowl. 

2 hours ago, omgdrdoom said:

To be honest, Mays gave us some good play for a couple seasons for what we gave up to get him. He played pretty well once they put him in that situational LB/S hybrid nickel role.

A season high 12 tackles in 4 seasons isn't very inspiring.  It was more the fact that his combine performance is what moved him up to the second round.  The combine has a habit of making marginal to bad players seem way better than they really are. 

Charles Davis has us taking QB Josh Allen in his mock...

PICK

CIN.png

Josh Allen - QB, Wyoming

They need help at a number of spots, but the Bengals might not be able to resist hitting the reset button for the future with this strong-armed Cowboy.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000916761/article/charles-davis-mock-draft-10-bengals-land-qb-of-future?campaign=tw-cf-sf182567606-sf182567606&sf182567606=1&utm_source=t.co&utm_medium=referral

1 hour ago, oldschooler said:

Charles Davis has us taking QB Josh Allen in his mock...

PICK

CIN.png

Josh Allen - QB, Wyoming

They need help at a number of spots, but the Bengals might not be able to resist hitting the reset button for the future with this strong-armed Cowboy.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000916761/article/charles-davis-mock-draft-10-bengals-land-qb-of-future?campaign=tw-cf-sf182567606-sf182567606&sf182567606=1&utm_source=t.co&utm_medium=referral

I think hell has a better chance of freezing over before this happens.

I would rather we trade with the Bills for Glenn and use the 21st on Baker Mayfield. 

And please, I don't want to hear the Johnny Manziel nonsense.  Everything coming out of Oklahoma was Mayfield was a tremendous team mate, leader, hard worker and extremely coachable. It's too bad his offensive coordinator pissed himself in the 4th quarter.

Manziel possessed none of the above. The Patriots scouting report said it all.

Josh Allen is tall and has a big arm.  He has horrible accuracy.  I have watched all of the TOP QBs play.  Saw Mayfield live against OSU.  He was the best player on the field.  I would rather take Rudolph than Allen.

2 hours ago, SF2 said:

I would rather we trade with the Bills for Glenn and use the 21st on Baker Mayfield. 

And please, I don't want to hear the Johnny Manziel nonsense.  Everything coming out of Oklahoma was Mayfield was a tremendous team mate, leader, hard worker and extremely coachable. It's too bad his offensive coordinator pissed himself in the 4th quarter.

Manziel possessed none of the above. The Patriots scouting report said it all.

Josh Allen is tall and has a big arm.  He has horrible accuracy.  I have watched all of the TOP QBs play.  Saw Mayfield live against OSU.  He was the best player on the field.  I would rather take Rudolph than Allen.

I'd absolutely love for them to get Mayfield but if the Bengals want him they're going to have to move up which would never happen unfortunately.  Baker will go in the top 10.  Out of all of the QBs coming out this year I think he has the best chance to be great.  The Manziel comparisons are such a joke.  I hope the Browns don't wisen up and take him.

Archived