now's the time to make a major change RE QB's

Last year many teams wished they would of selected QB Deshaun Watson.....the Bengals missed the boat on that as well...

here's another chance to get that type of breakout quality QB in this draft....

I say trade A.D. & McCarron.....get at least a high 2nd rd pick easy for Dalton.......get a lower 2nd rd pick for McCarron....just guessing in general on both...ballpark guess...

try to target 3 players in rd #1

the QB I want is Lamar Jackson out of Louisville...

he's being compared to Deshaun Watson & or a taller right handed Michael Vick....

lets pick him at #12

I just now saw where walter football has him listed there on their big board.....he has risen.....

but we had better draft this guy....trade A.D. & McCarron...use those picks to target 3 players in rd #1

#1 QB Lamar Jackson...

also #2 OT McGlinchey....who's now at 17....but could come off anywhere after pick 12, us....haha

3rd lower 1st rd target i'd like to try to get would be OC Price, who sits at #20 on their big board or OG Hernandez.....who should rise up into the lower part of rd #1....either one of these guys would be fine for the final piece for the O-line.....take huge pressure off of whoever our QB is...

we'd have to trade up to land my 3 guys all in rd #1 so we'd lose some ground but w/ the picks from moving A.D. & McCarron, that may come close to breaking even...? if we have to sweeten the pot fine....it's worth it....but if we could land all 3 of these players, come out in 2018 w/ two very fleet footed QB's & a great ground game.....

KISS offense..."KEEP IT SIMPLE STUPID"...

my main point is Dalton isn't getting any younger....& more importantly QB's like Lamar Jackson are rare....a taller right handed version of Michael Vick..yes...that good....we better target him now....Move Dalton & McCarron.....

this year is the time....

Lamar Jackson has SUPER-STAR  potential....

lets do it....

If McWebb loses is case and is a RFA & they were to Deal Dalton to draft a young'un, I'd keep AJ around for a year to keep the rook from having to start.  Not sure that Jackson would be my target if I was taking young QB either.  Having said all that though, I don't see the Bengals doing any of it.  If it anything were to happen, I'd guess McCarron would be dealy & the rook would sit a year or two behind Dalton.

This has to be how the Polish high command felt right before Germany invaded.  "We can do this and that and the Germans have no chance."    

We will draft a skill position player in the first round.   We will pick up a lineman in round 2.   

We will pick up some OK backups in FA.  

Carry on. 

I've noticed you use the term "keep it simple stupid" in a handful of your posts but you make a thread where we have 3 first round picks this year and trade our franchise QB.

What planet are we on anymore? I have zero faith that we're going to continue to evolve as a species. Note: this is sort of a joke but kind of not, getting on various forms of social media every day is such a bummer anymore. I wish I had the willpower to stay away from message boards and especially Reddit.

2 hours ago, omgdrdoom said:

I've noticed you use the term "keep it simple stupid" in a handful of your posts but you make a thread where we have 3 first round picks this year and trade our franchise QB.

What planet are we on anymore? I have zero faith that we're going to continue to evolve as a species. Note: this is sort of a joke but kind of not, getting on various forms of social media every day is such a bummer anymore. I wish I had the willpower to stay away from message boards and especially Reddit.

I wish I could totally stay off of Facebook. I want to be informed, but now I'm too informed. People aren't mysterious or interesting any more. FB is like a newspaper tabloid that everybody's on. You don't need to have a personal conversation with your friends that post all the time. You already know everything that's going on with them. Including stuff you wish you didn't know.

On ‎2‎/‎4‎/‎2018 at 4:02 PM, SF2 said:

This has to be how the Polish high command felt right before Germany invaded.  "We can do this and that and the Germans have no chance."    

We will draft a skill position player in the first round.   We will pick up a lineman in round 2.   

We will pick up some OK backups in FA.  

Carry on. 

hahahahahhaha

that's funny....

I hear ya...I know it's an off the wall scenario.....

but...

if Jackson turns into just as advertised, a taller right handed version of Michael we'll look back at this draft & think...

what if..???

but I agree....the safe move is to be.....safe........

but Jackson has risen up on the big boards....walter he's now #12....so he's not a reach per se.

but my safe way isn't the same as yours...

i'd go w/ an OT at #12, LT is too important of a position.....not skill player as you prefer....

& go OG or OC or LB or Safety in rd #2....bpa out of those groups

then repeat that in rds #3 & #4

9 hours ago, Hooky said:

I wish I could totally stay off of Facebook. I want to be informed, but now I'm too informed. People aren't mysterious or interesting any more. FB is like a newspaper tabloid that everybody's on. You don't need to have a personal conversation with your friends that post all the time. You already know everything that's going on with them. Including stuff you wish you didn't know.

your words are like birds that circle, but never land.....

12 hours ago, omgdrdoom said:

KISS was a theme Sam Wyche use to use.....

perhaps you're too young to know who he is/was...?

if you don't like my post don't read them....

I am on Earth....

i don't know about you....

& i don't care....

On ‎2‎/‎4‎/‎2018 at 4:07 PM, T-Dub said:

Barring some kind of freaky pilates sex swing accident Dalton is your 2018 Bengals QB.

Accept it and move on.

it's the off season....

just shootin the breeze...throwing out possible scenarios....

old Chinese saying:

you can't solve new problems w/ old ideas....

but many ppl get mad if the boat gets rocked.....new ideas anger them....

hahaha 

18 minutes ago, pucksinwah said:

your words are like birds that circle, but never land.....

Your posts are as inane as Marlon's, but at least he's amusing at times. You've got how many posts, including 5 in a row on this thread, and a whopping 8 positive reps.

1 hour ago, pucksinwah said:

I want a FAST QB

that's Jackson

speed kills

Yeah, because those 2 guys who set all those passing records yesterday were well know for their 40 times.  The only QB in the last 18 years who was a fast QB and won a Super Bowl was Russell Wilson and his defense played a bigger part then him.  Maybe you include Aaron Rodgers but his running yards per game is half Wilson's.  

So 2 out of 18?  The only true athletic i.e. fast QBs that were/are worth a damn are Wilson and Steve Young.  That is not a very large number.

Rodgers isn't that fast but is very opportunistic.  Speed isn't important at the QB position, intelligence and pocket awareness are.  DeShone Kizer is fast and has ZERO pocket awareness.

42 minutes ago, pucksinwah said:

it's the off season....

just shootin the breeze...throwing out possible scenarios....

old Chinese saying:

you can't solve new problems w/ old ideas....

but many ppl get mad if the boat gets rocked.....new ideas anger them....

hahaha 

Dumping Dalton is hardly a new idea & nobody cares but don't let that stop you

Franchise QBs are getting $25-$30 million dollars per year now. We have Andy, a guy who is statistically a good QB whether people want to admit it or not, for the next 3 years at $16.3M, $16.2M, and $17.7M. The dude isn't going anywhere. We have legitimate issues at 4-7 other starting positions, let's put our focus there.

FWIW, I actually don't have a problem drafting a QB in the higher rounds this year or next year if the right guy is there, but the plan would be to let him sit behind Andy for a couple seasons and not become an immediate starter.

15 hours ago, pucksinwah said:

I want a FAST QB

that's Jackson

speed kills

Until he gets killed because he bails on the pocket at the first sign of trouble. There's only been ONE NFL QB that's been considered a true "running QB" that's won a SB ever, and that's Wilson, and even he tempered his runs to learn to stay in the pocket. The others, Vick, RGIII, etc all get hurt. Newton is an exception due to his size but EVEN HE has tried to stay put when necessary, and he hasn't won a SB either. Everyone else is slight of frame and ends up getting broken in half. Jackson will be a package player in the NFL for anyone that drafts him unless he learns the same lesson these other guys did, provided he doesn't get a speed-sapping injury prior to that happening.

Plus, he has SERIOUS accuracy issues and will need time before being a good NFL QB.

4 hours ago, Bunghole said:

Until he gets killed because he bails on the pocket at the first sign of trouble. There's only been ONE NFL QB that's been considered a true "running QB" that's won a SB ever, and that's Wilson, and even he tempered his runs to learn to stay in the pocket. The others, Vick, RGIII, etc all get hurt. Newton is an exception due to his size but EVEN HE has tried to stay put when necessary, and he hasn't won a SB either. Everyone else is slight of frame and ends up getting broken in half. Jackson will be a package player in the NFL for anyone that drafts him unless he learns the same lesson these other guys did, provided he doesn't get a speed-sapping injury prior to that happening.

Plus, he has SERIOUS accuracy issues and will need time before being a good NFL QB.

Agree I'm not a fan of him and doubt he succeeds in the NFL as a QB.

8 hours ago, omgdrdoom said:

Franchise QBs are getting $25-$30 million dollars per year now. We have Andy, a guy who is statistically a good QB whether people want to admit it or not, for the next 3 years at $16.3M, $16.2M, and $17.7M. The dude isn't going anywhere. We have legitimate issues at 4-7 other starting positions, let's put our focus there.

FWIW, I actually don't have a problem drafting a QB in the higher rounds this year or next year if the right guy is there, but the plan would be to let him sit behind Andy for a couple seasons and not become an immediate starter.

Couldn't have said it better myself.

Archived