Jump to content

Sign in to follow this  
Montana Bengal

Dogs And chocolate

Recommended Posts

So our little dog (6 pounds) got into some bittersweet chocolate...like 8 ounces.  Got him into the vet within 90 minutes.  Was throwing up a ton and they gave him a shot to make him throw up even more.  I guess they had a ton come out.  They are keeping him overnight to monitor...give fluids, etc.

 

Anyone  have experience with them this?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Montana Bengal said:

So our little dog (6 pounds) got into some bittersweet chocolate...like 8 ounces.  Got him into the vet within 90 minutes.  Was throwing up a ton and they gave him a shot to make him throw up even more.  I guess they had a ton come out.  They are keeping him overnight to monitor...give fluids, etc.

 

Anyone  have experience with them this?

Yes, I do unfortunately... our Miniature American Eskimo weighs 28 pounds and ate 24 oz of chocolate (along with 4 fingers of a work glove, and half a pair of boxers).

They induced vomiting and did the same that your pup is going through. Coco came out fine because we caught got her to the vet about the same time you did yours.

It can be deadly, but sounds like you were in time. Hope everything is ok, make sure and update us.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

He seems okay this morning.  I am staying home with him.  There was a chance he would need to go to the regular vet today, but they felt he was good enough to come home.  They were worried about his size.  Just polished off his food this morning so I am going to assume things are okay at this point.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Montana Bengal said:

He seems okay this morning.  I am staying home with him.  There was a chance he would need to go to the regular vet today, but they felt he was good enough to come home.  They were worried about his size.  Just polished off his food this morning so I am going to assume things are okay at this point.

Should be, as long as he's eating AND drinking, and going to the bathroom... you should be good to go.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Kudla once ate an entire bag of oreo cookies.  Must not be much chocolate in them, it didn't make him sick at all.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

Go-Bengals.com on Facebook

Go-Bengals.com on Twitter

×