AJ McCarron status determined : Unrestricted Free Agent

IIRC, Carson himself lobbied for TO to come here after working out with him and Chad in the offseason. Carson doesn't get the benefit of the doubt on that by walking away and saying "Fuck You" to Mike Brown. Carson had a hand in that circus that resulted. He should have known better than to try to get TO to come here, who ironically had a better statistical season than Chad in a season where Carson was either hurt or played like shit. 

Plus, Carson walking away allowed us to fleece the Raiders for picks. That was good for the Bengals. Got some good picks, got rid of a malcontent. 

This whole "Marvin and Carson" solidarity thing is something I have never heard of. Do you have a cite for that? IIRC Marvin was never involved in any of that other than to repeat to the media that "Carson is our QB, and we're proceeding forward like he is our QB". I don't think they were ever aligned in that fiasco. Marvin knows which side his easy bread is buttered on. 

Carson WAS a quitter, after signing a HUGE (at the time) deal to keep him here forever. I cheered Carson leaving because it helped the team in the long run. And Carson has proven, just like Andy Dalton, that he can't win the big game. Five Superbowls, with that pick six machine? Are you nuts? And even if he did, why would you WANT him to? Because you hate the Bengals? WTF?

The whole point was that anyone that has the "fuck Mike Brown" mindset should cheer Carson and not bash him as did exactly what so many fans talk about they supposedly do or want to do. Everyone wants to stick it to Mike but when a player does it people complain about it. If you aren't in that "fuck Mike Brown" crowd, then my post wasn't directed at you.

As far as the Marvin/Carson thing goes, I'll see what I can find tomorrow morning and post it. Shouldn't be too hard for me to find some source material on that, I thought it was just common knowledge by Bengals fans.

And yeah man, I totally hate the Bengals, that's why I pay so much attention to them and post on various message boards about them year round. I hate them so much :huh: I'm just a Carson fan and would have loved to see him win it all to give the ultimate "fuck you" to Mikey. I love the Bengals but Mike Brown is a cocksucker.

13 hours ago, omgdrdoom said:

I'm not going to touch on the other stuff because I basically agree with all of it. I just wanted to put the whole "Carson quit on us" in a different perspective and maybe you won't be so hard on the guy.

You're one of the "fuck Mike Brown" guys, and that's awesome because, well, fuck Mike Brown. That's basically what Carson said too, so it blows my mind when other "fuck Mike Brown" fans turn around and bash Carson for being a quitter. The dude did exactly what all of us fans dream of doing, telling Mike Brown to shove it up his ass. CP said he'd rather retire than keep playing here, and let's not forget Marvin was supposed to be part of this big walk out too. Carson and Marvin both decided to tell Mike to fuck himself and they needed to see some serious changes or else they were leaving together. One guy stayed to kiss the ring and the other put his foot down and told Mikey boy to piss off.

Shouldn't this section of fans that want to stick it to Mike Brown be cheering Carson for doing exactly that in such a huge way that actually affected his business? Carson was able to fuck this guy over that we all supposedly hate more than ANY of us could imagine fucking him over, yet we call him "the quitter" and other silly names. For me personally, I'm upset that Carson didn't leave here and win 5 SBs with a bunch of other teams just to stick it to Mike further.

Meh, Carson quit like a bitch.  No warning.  Had a bad year and took his ball and went home.   Doesn't change the fact that Marvin let Ocho Cinco run wild and act like a spoiled child.   I actually think TO played well and like a professional.  Was obviously the best receiver on the field and ran damn good routes.  Chad had the chance to prove his worth and could not run routes for the Patriots.  Became a joke.

None of this absolves Marvin from the Circus that he let thrive here.  The best thing that ever happened to him was Carson went all bitch and demanded out.  If Carson would have simply stayed here and proclaimed he had no faith in the coaching, Marvin may have gotten the boot in his AVERAGE ass.   Instead we got 7 more years of clap clap.

The one positive is at least they are not the Reds.  I listen to the hot stove league on the way home today and the Reds will be FUCKING TERRIBLE this year.  They are a joke.  

41 minutes ago, SF2 said:

Meh, Carson quit like a bitch.  No warning.  Had a bad year and took his ball and went home.   Doesn't change the fact that Marvin let Ocho Cinco run wild and act like a spoiled child.   I actually think TO played well and like a professional.  Was obviously the best receiver on the field and ran damn good routes.  Chad had the chance to prove his worth and could not run routes for the Patriots.  Became a joke.

None of this absolves Marvin from the Circus that he let thrive here.  The best thing that ever happened to him was Carson went all bitch and demanded out.  If Carson would have simply stayed here and proclaimed he had no faith in the coaching, Marvin may have gotten the boot in his AVERAGE ass.   Instead we got 7 more years of clap clap.

The one positive is at least they are not the Reds.  I listen to the hot stove league on the way home today and the Reds will be FUCKING TERRIBLE this year.  They are a joke.  

Carson didn't refuse to re-sign... In fact, he happily took a giant signing bonus and then bragged about how much money he had in the bank when asking for a trade. Hell, he was the one who wanted TO. The whole "circus" only came to town to keep the widdle baby happy in the first damn place.

See, I'm a "fuck Mike Brown" guy, and totally don't blame guys for finding greener pastures.

But when a guy takes that big extension... He's not really allowed to become a "fuck Mike Brown" guy. When he does it while shitting on the fanbase and generally acting like a petulant diva... Then fuck that guy. When Carson "Pick Six" Palmer brags about having $50 Million in the bank... Hell, I'm not even in or from Cincy and it's piss-poor taste to shit all over the fans who bought the tickets that put that $50 Million in your fucking bank account. Cincy's a shithole racist burg whose only contribution to the world is disgusting chili. But the people of Cincy aren't buying MY jersey, lining up for MY autographs, or defending ME as the best QB in the league for 6 years straight.

"Waaah, they threw garbage on my lawn because I suck..." Take the fucking tampon out already. Give yer nutsack a tug ya titfucker. All Carson ever got was free blow-jobs and back rubs from this city. Meanwhile Andy Dalton has grown 3 inches from all of the fertilizer spread on him and he just shows up and does his damn job. Maybe not as well as Carson "Second coming of Peyton Manning" Palmer... But what the fuck has Carson done in his stints away from the Bengals? So quit acting like you're Mariah Carey when you're Fergie. Mmmmkay?

Carson's a little hind teat sucking bitch. We all knew it before he showed us his ass and most of us were afraid to admit it. All of those blow-jobs left a bad taste in the mouth of the fans who wanted to believe that the Bengals were ever simply the victims of bad luck and not bad management. Fuck Carson Palmer because I once wanted so badly to believe in him, and he wasn't worth it. Fuck Carson Palmer for all for the love he gets when Andy Dalton's jock would be three sizes too big for his mincy little balls.

2 hours ago, LostInDaJungle said:

Carson didn't refuse to re-sign... In fact, he happily took a giant signing bonus and then bragged about how much money he had in the bank when asking for a trade. Hell, he was the one who wanted TO. The whole "circus" only came to town to keep the widdle baby happy in the first damn place.

See, I'm a "fuck Mike Brown" guy, and totally don't blame guys for finding greener pastures.

But when a guy takes that big extension... He's not really allowed to become a "fuck Mike Brown" guy. When he does it while shitting on the fanbase and generally acting like a petulant diva... Then fuck that guy. When Carson "Pick Six" Palmer brags about having $50 Million in the bank... Hell, I'm not even in or from Cincy and it's piss-poor taste to shit all over the fans who bought the tickets that put that $50 Million in your fucking bank account. Cincy's a shithole racist burg whose only contribution to the world is disgusting chili. But the people of Cincy aren't buying MY jersey, lining up for MY autographs, or defending ME as the best QB in the league for 6 years straight.

"Waaah, they threw garbage on my lawn because I suck..." Take the fucking tampon out already. Give yer nutsack a tug ya titfucker. All Carson ever got was free blow-jobs and back rubs from this city. Meanwhile Andy Dalton has grown 3 inches from all of the fertilizer spread on him and he just shows up and does his damn job. Maybe not as well as Carson "Second coming of Peyton Manning" Palmer... But what the fuck has Carson done in his stints away from the Bengals? So quit acting like you're Mariah Carey when you're Fergie. Mmmmkay?

Carson's a little hind teat sucking bitch. We all knew it before he showed us his ass and most of us were afraid to admit it. All of those blow-jobs left a bad taste in the mouth of the fans who wanted to believe that the Bengals were ever simply the victims of bad luck and not bad management. Fuck Carson Palmer because I once wanted so badly to believe in him, and he wasn't worth it. Fuck Carson Palmer for all for the love he gets when Andy Dalton's jock would be three sizes too big for his mincy little balls.

I totally agree.  He quit like a bitch, I am not defending him.  I actually liked TO.  He played great until he got hurt. Wasn't afraid to go over the middle.

That said I don't think Dalton is taking us anywhere.  Just not good enough to carry an average to above average team very far.

11 hours ago, SF2 said:

That said I don't think Dalton is taking us anywhere.  Just not good enough to carry an average to above average team very far.

He may be Jon Kitna 2.0, but at least he's handled himself like a pro. At the end of the day he's taken us to the playoffs more times than Carson with a weaker supporting cast. 

Carson signed a six-year contract extension through the 2014 season with the Bengals on December 29, 2005. In addition to the three years remaining on his existing deal, the value of the extension was worth $118.75 million over nine years. "Hopefully this is the last place I'll end up playing," Palmer said. "That's so rare in this league these days. It's so rare to see a person have a 5-, 8-, 10-, 12-year career in one place. And I feel very fortunate that it looks like that's going to be my future."

41 minutes ago, LostInDaJungle said:

He may be Jon Kitna 2.0, but at least he's handled himself like a pro. At the end of the day he's taken us to the playoffs more times than Carson with a weaker supporting cast. 

Dalton has had a top 10 or better defense 5 of 7 years. The worst defense was 16th.  Dalton has been a class act.

Carson had 1 top 10 defense and 5 years the defense was ranked 21st or worse.  No way Dalton has had a weaker supporting cast.

6 hours ago, omgdrdoom said:

Yeah I assumed anything remotely pro-Carson wouldn't go over very well here. Oh well.

Everyone will see things from the perspective they wish to see things from just like politics and everything else in life that people argue about. 

Not all of us have a problem with Carson. 

On 2/20/2018 at 7:32 PM, SF2 said:

I didn't have animosity for the team the entire 90s.  Had season tickets. 

Maybe it is time I call it quits.  You and your posse can circle jerk to college highlights of John Ross in peace. 

You didn't have animosity during the 90's but now you do.

Makes sense.

Also, I don't know why you equate being a fan that doesn't have animosity to penis grabbing and circle jerking.

But maybe that's something you need to look into and work on.

2 hours ago, oldschooler said:

You didn't have animosity during the 90's but now you do.

Makes sense.

Also, I don't know why you equate being a fan that doesn't have animosity to penis grabbing and circle jerking.

But maybe that's something you need to look into and work on.

Sure it makes sense.  We had  recently been to a Super Bowl and won a playoff game, our last playoff win, in January of 1991.   Furthermore, 1995-97 were not HORRIBLE years but we did miss the playoffs.  1996 started bad but we went 6-2 down the stretch once Shula was canned.  Had some hope going into 97.  Same shitty start but strong finish.  After that it was downhill until Marvin arrived. 

BTW, The 2000s sucked, not sure why people think they were good.  2 playoff appearances both ugly loses.  Decade record of 68-91-1.   Certainly better than the 90s record of 52-108 but still bad.  Only 6 teams had worse records in the 2000s but 2 of those teams, Arizona and Oakland played in Super Bowls. Defense sucked horribly for the most part.  Odell Thurman expelled  then Chris Henry dying.  Pollack gets hurt.  Palmer gets Kimo'd in 2005 playoff game then out for 2008.   One seemingly glorious year in 2005 ends in flames.  2009 was meh.   There were some great individual season games but really not that many. 

This decade has been better but still, we can't win a playoff game.  Marvin should have been gone 3 years ago.  Our first shot at winning the next playoff game is Jan 5, 2019.  10,227 days later or 28 years.

2 hours ago, SF2 said:

Sure it makes sense.  We had  recently been to a Super Bowl and won a playoff game, our last playoff win, in January of 1991.   Furthermore, 1995-97 were not HORRIBLE years but we did miss the playoffs.  1996 started bad but we went 6-2 down the stretch once Shula was canned.  Had some hope going into 97.  Same shitty start but strong finish.  After that it was downhill until Marvin arrived. 

BTW, The 2000s sucked, not sure why people think they were good.  2 playoff appearances both ugly loses.  Decade record of 68-91-1.   Certainly better than the 90s record of 52-108 but still bad.  Only 6 teams had worse records in the 2000s but 2 of those teams, Arizona and Oakland played in Super Bowls. Defense sucked horribly for the most part.  Odell Thurman expelled  then Chris Henry dying.  Pollack gets hurt.  Palmer gets Kimo'd in 2005 playoff game then out for 2008.   One seemingly glorious year in 2005 ends in flames.  2009 was meh.   There were some great individual season games but really not that many. 

This decade has been better but still, we can't win a playoff game.  Marvin should have been gone 3 years ago.  Our first shot at winning the next playoff game is Jan 5, 2019.  10,227 days later or 28 years.

The Bengals have won 5 playoff games in their history.

4 of those wins came in the 2 Super Bowl seasons, the other in January 1991.

They have went to the Playoffs as many times since 2005 as they did prior to 2005.

Obviously them being perennial playoff winners wasn't what made you a fan.

But through out some of this teams most winning seasons, you act like you're fed up and counting the days until you can reset the counter again.

I just don't get it. To each their own though I guess.

And just so you know, no one wants to see this team become a perennial Super Bowl winner as much as me.

43 minutes ago, oldschooler said:

The Bengals have won 5 playoff games in their history.

4 of those wins came in the 2 Super Bowl seasons, the other in January 1991.

They have went to the Playoffs as many times since 2005 as they did prior to 2005.

Obviously them being perennial playoff winners wasn't what made you a fan.

But through out some of this teams most winning seasons, you act like you're fed up and counting the days until you can reset the counter again.

I just don't get it. To each their own though I guess.

And just so you know, no one wants to see this team become a perennial Super Bowl winner as much as me.

You forget, I grew up in New Orleans.  Team was horrific.  Bengals were way better.  Yes, in the space of 11 years they won 2 AFC Championships and 5 playoff games.  In 8 years they played in 2 Super Bowls. 

Since then they have been pretty bad. 5 straight playoff losses followed by 2 losing seasons isn't celebration time.

You see 5 straight playoff trips and think "awesome".  I see 5 straight playoff losses, the first 4 being almost unwatchable as something different.

We just have to agree to disagree.  Mike Brown has been a bottom 5 owner and I have animosity toward him. He is no different than Al Davis' son.

14 minutes ago, SF2 said:

You forget, I grew up in New Orleans.  Team was horrific.  Bengals were way better.  Yes, in the space of 11 years they won 2 AFC Championships and 5 playoff games.  In 8 years they played in 2 Super Bowls. 

Since then they have been pretty bad. 5 straight playoff losses followed by 2 losing seasons isn't celebration time.

You see 5 straight playoff trips and think "awesome".  I see 5 straight playoff losses, the first 4 being almost unwatchable as something different.

We just have to agree to disagree.  Mike Brown has been a bottom 5 owner and I have animosity toward him. He is no different than Al Davis' son.

I grew up in around Cincinnati and starting love them because they were the local team. 

I'm not local anymore and still love them.

Who the fuck is celebrating? Who is saying awesome?

Anyway, animosity away. Sorry to interrupt 

2 minutes ago, oldschooler said:

I grew up in around Cincinnati and starting love them because they were the local team. 

I'm not local anymore and still love them.

Who the fuck is celebrating? Who is saying awesome?

Anyway, animosity away. Sorry to interrupt 

So why do you keep giving me shit for saying Mike Brown sucks and Marvin should be fired?  We had a nice little run and now it is over.

9 hours ago, SF2 said:

So why do you keep giving me shit for saying Mike Brown sucks and Marvin should be fired?  We had a nice little run and now it is over.

I gave you shit (this time) for saying the Browns played us and acting like they are superior in anyway. 

I gave you shit for the Mike Brown sucks because that's where you came from, literally and you only came here to mess with the "sheeople"

I don't think Marvin should have been brought back. But he was. But what am I going to do? Like I said all of my animosity is spent

on the Stealers and their fans. So Who-Dey

3 hours ago, oldschooler said:

I gave you shit (this time) for saying the Browns played us and acting like they are superior in anyway. 

I gave you shit for the Mike Brown sucks because that's where you came from, literally and you only came here to mess with the "sheeople"

I don't think Marvin should have been brought back. But he was. But what am I going to do? Like I said all of my animosity is spent

on the Stealers and their fans. So Who-Dey

I amended that to say they fucked us over but I don't think it was a planned event.  The reality is probably more a case that Hue Jackson pushed hard for the deal and at the last moment, someone in the Browns organization pulled their heads out of their asses and realized it was an absolutely stupid deal.

McCarron has started 3 regular season games in his entire career.  In those games he averaged 122 yards passing per game.    In the playoff game he didn't do much until the 4th quarter.  The idea that Hue Jackson would give up a 2 and 3 for that is almost mind numbing.  Lets not forget, Jackson is the same guy who gave up a shit ton for Carson Palmer who at the time was very mediocre coming off the injury.  The downside for the Browns was pretty significant.   They need players in the worst way.  Taking a chance on McCarron was kinda nuts at that price.   They have 2 high picks, they should just pick one of the QBs and bring in a veteran and TRADITIONAL pocket passing NFL QB.

Yeah I came from Mikebrown sucks over a decade ago.   So what.  Mike Brown does suck at being an NFL GM.  That isn't a news flash.  Ask the best football minds to rank the current GMs and he would be near the bottom.  The issue is he has been the de facto GM for 28 years.   Other teams get to fire bad GMs and hit the reset button.  Not us. 

And yes you continue to be a Sheepole.  Good thing is the site has plenty of members that don't drink the Kool-Aide.

8 hours ago, SF2 said:

Blah blah fucking blah. Fart noise. Ball gargle. Blah blah fucking blah some more. I'm an asshat wearing rump ranger that likes to eat a bowl of dicks. Ball gargle again. 

Blah blah fucking blah once again. My favorite uncle calls me Lady Haha.  Barney Rubble was a great actor. Blah blah fucking blah yet again.

My mom still calls me her little douchenoggin. Blah blah fucking just to take up more time. I like to play with my dog and a jar of peanut butter.

I would be good looking if it wasn't for my face, body and personality. Blah blah seriously fucking blah

You drink Kool-Aid and I will be a dickass. Background noise sounds like blah blah fucking blah. Ball gargle. Fart noise.

I am a deadshit, negaton, Bill O'Reilly aspiring bag of monkey sperm.

I couldn't have said it better myself:2dedhorse:

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, schotzee said:

I like AJ , but if the Browns still end up getting him after they did what they did to fuck up the trade.... I hope he falls flat on his face with the rest of that team.

Its hilarious listening to the talking heads gush over the fact the Browns has $110 mil in cap space.  Perhaps that is an indicator as to why they are 1-31 in their last 2 years.   Furthermore, what fucking good is it to have that many picks in one year?  The last thing I would think a team would want is to have 7 guys on their rookie contract become FAs in the same year.

7 minutes ago, SF2 said:

Its hilarious listening to the talking heads gush over the fact the Browns has $110 mil in cap space.  Perhaps that is an indicator as to why they are 1-31 in their last 2 years.   Furthermore, what fucking good is it to have that many picks in one year?  The last thing I would think a team would want is to have 7 guys on their rookie contract become FAs in the same year.

Good point. More like 12 on their rookie contract for them though. Lol

4 minutes ago, schotzee said:

Good point. More like 12 on their rookie contract for them though. Lol

Its the same organization that  signed Brock Osweiler to a ridiculous contract so they didn't get in trouble for not spending enough cap money  then cut him after giving him a guaranteed $16 million.  The incompetence of the organization is mind numbing.  

Archived