AJ McCarron status determined : Unrestricted Free Agent

13 hours ago, oldschooler said:

He's Andy Dalton... At best.

Coming out of college, he was an Andy Dalton clone. Even when Hue was his coordinator, Andy was the starter no questions asked.

He's probably better than the guys the Browns have, and Hue has shown he's willing to trade for a vet instead of rolling the dice on a Rookie... But anyone who thinks that AJ McCarron is going to turn into Brett Favre over the summer is going to be disappointed. I think he's a solid player... But he's going to be another name taped to a Browns fan's jersey in a few years. Cleveland is where quarterbacks go to die.

2 minutes ago, LostInDaJungle said:

He's Andy Dalton... At best.

Coming out of college, he was an Andy Dalton clone. Even when Hue was his coordinator, Andy was the starter no questions asked.

He's probably better than the guys the Browns have, and Hue has shown he's willing to trade for a vet instead of rolling the dice on a Rookie... But anyone who thinks that AJ McCarron is going to turn into Brett Favre over the summer is going to be disappointed. I think he's a solid player... But he's going to be another name taped to a Browns fan's jersey in a few years. Cleveland is where quarterbacks go to die.

The Browns would be better off with Case Keenum if they want average.  Guy put up legit stats and has a much larger body of work.  

1 minute ago, SF2 said:

The Browns would be better off with Case Keenum if they want average.  Guy put up legit stats and has a much larger body of work.  

Keenum might be smart enough to not WANT to play for the Browns.

Honestly, why would any QB want to play for the Browns if any other team showed interest? They have a crap roster, a bad history, and will most likely be drafting a Rookie to compete for your spot in this draft.

I'd be better off dating Amy Adams... But she's not interested. 

See the source image

1 hour ago, LostInDaJungle said:

Honestly, why would any QB want to play for the Browns if any other team showed interest? They have a crap roster, a bad history, and will most likely be drafting a Rookie to compete for your spot in this draft.

See the source image

Don't short yourself bro... I heard she thinks you're hot!

4 minutes ago, USN Bengal said:

Don't short yourself bro... I heard she thinks you're hot!

Its wasn't Amy Adams it was Rachel McAdams that thinks he is hot. It can be confusing.

rachel-mcadams-hot-wallpapers-jpg-495026

1 hour ago, LostInDaJungle said:

The Browns did pay Brock Osweiler $16 million to NOT play simply to prevent violating the league rules regarding minimum cap spending.   I do agree any reasonably close offer to anything the Browns put up by ANY club you would have to go with.   You figure a 3 year deal for Keenum with the Browns might be his last good deal since he will fail there but if he went somewhere else and was decent, he could get another big deal later on and still be able to eat solid food. 

1 hour ago, schotzee said:

I thought for sure he'd end up in Minny.  Much cheaper than Cousins and not too many notches if any below him imo.

Wasn't Cousins in like the top 5 QB's over the course of the last 4-5 seasons or something like that? 

13 hours ago, schotzee said:

I thought for sure he'd end up in Minny.  Much cheaper than Cousins and not too many notches if any below him imo.

lol..

I mean I don't think Cousins is no freaking Joe Mantegna... but he has been pretty great the last 4 years.

AJ has started like 3 games and played ok... I would say it's a few notches

14 hours ago, oldschooler said:

I think this describes the situation quite nicely. McCarron isn't going to be a starter next season unless there's an injury, and he'll end up signing as a backup somewhere as the jobs continue to dry up (are there any starting jobs left?).

1 minute ago, Bunghole said:

I think this describes the situation quite nicely. McCarron isn't going to be a starter next season unless there's an injury, and he'll end up signing as a backup somewhere as the jobs continue to dry up (are there any starting jobs left?).

I don't think the Bills have signed a QB yet

Archived