NFL strength of schedule 2018: Bengals secure one of league's easiest slates

Let the strength of schedule formula tell it, the Cincinnati Bengals have it easy in 2018.

After another down season and undergoing a coaching overhaul underneath the newly re-signed Marvin Lewis, the Bengals could use a break.

They get it in 2018, at least according to the strength of schedule metrics that have them sitting on the third-easiest schedule, ranked tied for 29th. The Bengals play opponents with a combined record of 121-135 and a winning percentage of .473.

These numbers can be deceptive, of course. The AFC North is as tough as always, yet the Cleveland Browns skew the numbers. The Oakland Raiders and Denver Broncos had down years but could be tough opponents. Road games against the Kansas City Chiefs, Los Angeles Chargers and Atlanta Falcons won’t come easy, either.

Here’s a look at the full list of opponents.

Home

• Denver Broncos
  • Oakland Raiders
  • New Orleans Saints
  • Tampa Bay Buccaneers
  • Miami Dolphins
  • Baltimore Ravens
  • Pittsburgh Stealers
  • Cleveland Browns

Away

• Kansas City Chiefs
  • Los Angeles Chargers
  • Atlanta Falcons
  • Carolina Panthers
  • Indianapolis Colts
  • Baltimore Ravens
  • Pittsburgh Stealers
  • Cleveland Browns

https://bengalswire.usatoday.com/2018/02/13/nfl-strength-of-schedule-2018-bengals/

Hard to know the carry over of who's gonna be easy to beat next year, but our Marvin Lewis Groundhog Day will probably continue. Stomp the shit out of bad teams, maybe the Dolphins or Colts. Split the difference, win some, lose some, with good teams. Then definitely lose the big ones, i.e. The Stealers or any game with true playoff implications. I hope I'm wrong.

Archived