Positional Assessment of Pick 12

This assessment assumes we stay at 12.

QB: Not a chance.  Dalton is the man.  Some of you may not like it, but that's the way it is.  Andy and Marvin are united at the hip.  And they won't take a backup QB at 12.

RB: Also not a chance.  I think they will take a back at some point, but Mixon and Gio are a solid 1-2 punch.

WR: I think this is a possibility.  Not a high possibility, but not 0 either.  Lafell is a mediocre #2, and with Dalton at QB, weapons are essential.  Ridley opposite AJ would add a LOT of punch.

TE: I don't think there is a TE that will be worth taking at 12, so I will go with no.  But TE could well be a day 2 pick.

OT: Absolutely an option at 12.  I think Williams, Brown, and McGlinchey, whoever sorts out on top has a great chance to be the pick at 12.  

OG: Not likely.  Quenton Nelson would be absolutely worth the pick but I don't think he makes it to 12.  No other guard is close to worth it.

C: No.  There are 2 centers worthy of a first round pick, but not 12.  I also think they will make every effort to retain Bodine (darn it).

DE: I won't rule it out. If Davenport is the BPA he could be the pick.  And Dunlap is nearing the end of his contract and MJ the end of his usefulness.  But we also just drafted 2 last year.  The question is do they think Lawson could be an every down end?  

DT: Possibly.  How much do they really like Billings.  Geno still has a few good years left, and Glasgow is a capable backup.  But Vea might be enticing.

OLB: Will Edmunds be there?  He strikes me as more of a 3-4 OLB anyway.  I'll guess no.

ILB: Roquon Smith would be worth the pick.  They need to get better at LB.  I think there is a good likelihood they could.

CB: The Bengals ove first round CBs, and Adam Jones is in his last year, and they might decide to part ways (I don't think so). And there are a couple worth the pick.

S: Fitzpatrick won't be there.  James might be.  Do they think they need a safety though, and is James a FS type?  Hobson took him in his first mock, and he would be the best safety on the team, but there are other greater needs.

So:

OT, ILB, DT, DE, S, CB, WR, G would be the priority by position, with the ability of the player adjusting that somewhat.

On 2/17/2018 at 12:35 PM, Jason said:

This assessment assumes we stay at 12.

QB: Not a chance.  Dalton is the man.  Some of you may not like it, but that's the way it is.  Andy and Marvin are united at the hip.  And they won't take a backup QB at 12.

RB: Also not a chance.  I think they will take a back at some point, but Mixon and Gio are a solid 1-2 punch.

WR: I think this is a possibility.  Not a high possibility, but not 0 either.  Lafell is a mediocre #2, and with Dalton at QB, weapons are essential.  Ridley opposite AJ would add a LOT of punch.

TE: I don't think there is a TE that will be worth taking at 12, so I will go with no.  But TE could well be a day 2 pick.

OT: Absolutely an option at 12.  I think Williams, Brown, and McGlinchey, whoever sorts out on top has a great chance to be the pick at 12.  

OG: Not likely.  Quenton Nelson would be absolutely worth the pick but I don't think he makes it to 12.  No other guard is close to worth it.

C: No.  There are 2 centers worthy of a first round pick, but not 12.  I also think they will make every effort to retain Bodine (darn it).

DE: I won't rule it out. If Davenport is the BPA he could be the pick.  And Dunlap is nearing the end of his contract and MJ the end of his usefulness.  But we also just drafted 2 last year.  The question is do they think Lawson could be an every down end?  

DT: Possibly.  How much do they really like Billings.  Geno still has a few good years left, and Glasgow is a capable backup.  But Vea might be enticing.

OLB: Will Edmunds be there?  He strikes me as more of a 3-4 OLB anyway.  I'll guess no.

ILB: Roquon Smith would be worth the pick.  They need to get better at LB.  I think there is a good likelihood they could.

CB: The Bengals ove first round CBs, and Adam Jones is in his last year, and they might decide to part ways (I don't think so). And there are a couple worth the pick.

S: Fitzpatrick won't be there.  James might be.  Do they think they need a safety though, and is James a FS type?  Hobson took him in his first mock, and he would be the best safety on the team, but there are other greater needs.

So:

OT, ILB, DT, DE, S, CB, WR, G would be the priority by position, with the ability of the player adjusting that somewhat.

There is a chance Nelson will be there at #12 historically OG's aren't taken high in the draft and the teams picking ahead of the Bengals may have needs at other areas and feel like they can get a good OG in the later rounds. 

I think the Bengals have to go OL in the first few rounds, my ideal scenario would be Nelson in the first, Tyrell Crosby in the 2nd, and James Daniels  n the 3rd. 

I almost completely agree with everything written above.  I think everything points to the team trading out of the 12th pick to get extra picks.  Unless a shocker falls the 12th pick doesn't really provide the team much value.  However, trading back to get another pick or 2 helps them a lot and puts them in a spot to draft a fit without reaching.

4 hours ago, TimKrumrieFan said:

I almost completely agree with everything written above.  I think everything points to the team trading out of the 12th pick to get extra picks.  Unless a shocker falls the 12th pick doesn't really provide the team much value.  However, trading back to get another pick or 2 helps them a lot and puts them in a spot to draft a fit without reaching.

We talk about trading back every year.  The problem there is that we need someone to trade with.  That only makes sense if there is a player available that the Bengals for some reason don't want or need.

Basically that means a top-10 QB needs to fall a bit.  That's pretty rare & it's more likely someone would trade ahead of us to take that guy.  

Not saying it couldn't happen, but it usually doesn't. 

Agree for the most part, but I think there's 0% chance we take a WR.  After drafting Ross last year and they really like Malone and I'm sure Cody Core will be the talk of the off season again.  I think it has to be OL, DL or LB.  The only other player that would be worth it IMO is James.  We've never really had a playmaking safety and the way the league works now you need one that can play that hybrid role.  

23 hours ago, T-Dub said:

We talk about trading back every year.  The problem there is that we need someone to trade with.  That only makes sense if there is a player available that the Bengals for some reason don't want or need.

Basically that means a top-10 QB needs to fall a bit.  That's pretty rare & it's more likely someone would trade ahead of us to take that guy.  

Not saying it couldn't happen, but it usually doesn't. 

There will be a CB or S at our pick that someone will gladly move up for. Maybe even a QB that slides.  There are teams always interested in moving up for DL and I'm not sure taking a DL at 12 makes our team much better unless it is a Pro Bowl on day 1 DL.  Plus someone always falls that you find out later had garnered trade interest and no one wanted to move back.  Typically, we like moving back except for last year when we received a great offer and were idiots for not moving.

1 hour ago, TimKrumrieFan said:

There will be a CB or S at our pick that someone will gladly move up for. Maybe even a QB that slides.  There are teams always interested in moving up for DL and I'm not sure taking a DL at 12 makes our team much better unless it is a Pro Bowl on day 1 DL.  Plus someone always falls that you find out later had garnered trade interest and no one wanted to move back.  Typically, we like moving back except for last year when we received a great offer and were idiots for not moving.

We need a DB or DL help as much as anyone.  We don't have a starting NT and have a couple of knuckleheads in the DB room I'd love to see gone.  Still can't believe we gave DreSwagYoloTrill Whitworth's money.  Let him & Pacman trash hotel rooms & puke in limos on someone else's dime.  I wouldn't be mad if we drafted a top-10 quality QB either, for that matter.  Quit drafting broke & stupid players and #12 is worth a lot, I'd rather we use it wisely than trade it...  but you know. :glare:  A monster at DE would help too.

I think there's a reasonable chance at least 1 of the top 4 QBs (most likely Mayfield) is still on the board at pick 12. There may well be suitors for the pick, especially if some team signs Bradford or McCown as their starter. 

I wouldn't object if we took Vita Vea at 12. Similar to Haloti Ngata. Won't fix our O-line problems but in long run would be a good pick. 

4 hours ago, TimKrumrieFan said:

H

What trade did we pass on?

On 2/18/2018 at 7:38 PM, WRAPradio said:

Agree for the most part, but I think there's 0% chance we take a WR.  After drafting Ross last year and they really like Malone and I'm sure Cody Core will be the talk of the off season again.  I think it has to be OL, DL or LB.  The only other player that would be worth it IMO is James.  We've never really had a playmaking safety and the way the league works now you need one that can play that hybrid role.  

uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Image result for reggie nelson

13 hours ago, TimKrumrieFan said:

Sure we do, but how often does it actually happen? That's the point T-Dub made and has to make every year that everyone constantly talks about how we should "just trade back, that simple!". It's not though, you have to get something in return and have someone that wants to move up for a very specific reason, enough so to give up their resources to get your spot. Just because there was a year or two that we moved around in the draft doesn't mean we always do it or are going to again. The best way to look at a draft from a fan perspective is to look at the picks we actually have because you can't predict a trade.

9 hours ago, sparky151 said:

I think there's a reasonable chance at least 1 of the top 4 QBs (most likely Mayfield) is still on the board at pick 12. There may well be suitors for the pick, especially if some team signs Bradford or McCown as their starter. 

I wouldn't object if we took Vita Vea at 12. Similar to Haloti Ngata. Won't fix our O-line problems but in long run would be a good pick. 

I think the team likes Billings and I'm a fan of his potential myself (the dude is still suuuper young and shows flashes of a great football player), but Vea would be a great pickup and I'd be totally fine with that. That'd be the only way I'd start to be OK with Billings just becoming a rotation guy. Otherwise he should get most of the snaps at NT.

9 hours ago, turningpoint said:

H

What trade did we pass on?

That's what I'm wondering myself. I've noticed a couple threads now where TimKrumrieFan mentions a "trade offer" or "we offered Whit X contract" that nobody else has ever heard of. Seems he hears rumors and sticks with them as fact for this sort of stuff as long as it fits the narrative.

6 minutes ago, omgdrdoom said:

uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Sure we do, but how often does it actually happen? That's the point T-Dub made and has to make every year that everyone constantly talks about how we should "just trade back, that simple!". It's not though, you have to get something in return and have someone that wants to move up for a very specific reason, enough so to give up their resources to get your spot. Just because there was a year or two that we moved around in the draft doesn't mean we always do it or are going to again. The best way to look at a draft from a fan perspective is to look at the picks we actually have because you can't predict a trade.

I think the team likes Billings and I'm a fan of his potential myself (the dude is still suuuper young and shows flashes of a great football player), but Vea would be a great pickup and I'd be totally fine with that. That'd be the only way I'd start to be OK with Billings just becoming a rotation guy. Otherwise he should get most of the snaps at NT.

That's what I'm wondering myself. I've noticed a couple threads now where TimKrumrieFan mentions a "trade offer" or "we offered Whit X contract" that nobody else has ever heard of. Seems he hears rumors and sticks with them as fact for this sort of stuff as long as it fits the narrative.

Not sure about what trade we got last year for our 9 pick, but we offered Whit same deal as Rams, just we offered 2 years we wouldn't go the extra year.

4 minutes ago, Jpoore said:

Not sure about what trade we got last year for our 9 pick, but we offered Whit same deal as Rams, just we offered 2 years we wouldn't go the extra year.

The Bengals were willing to pay Whitworth close to that rate, but they weren’t going to give him anything beyond a one-year deal. According to ESPN’s Katherine Terrell, the Bengals only offered Whitworth a one-year deal worthup to $10 million with incentives.

3 hours ago, omgdrdoom said:

uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

I wouldn't consider Nelson a playmaking safety.  He was solid to good, but playmaker...not in my opinion.  I don't think offensive coordinators were basing their gameplans around Reggie Nelson.

24 minutes ago, WRAPradio said:

I wouldn't consider Nelson a playmaking safety.  He was solid to good, but playmaker...not in my opinion.  I don't think offensive coordinators were basing their gameplans around Reggie Nelson.

In 2015 he led safeties in INTs and PDs = playmaker

This is just another case of people not being able to say "oh shit I forgot about Reggie" but instead double down on their original inaccurate comment.

20 hours ago, omgdrdoom said:

In 2015 he led safeties in INTs and PDs = playmaker

This is just another case of people not being able to say "oh shit I forgot about Reggie" but instead double down on their original inaccurate comment.

Or a case of people overrating their players and taking one year as the "NFL Leader in something" and projecting that onto the rest of their career.  Nelson was a good player for us, but I don't believe he struck fear in a single offensive coordinator or WR/TE.  Something I don't remember is how many games he changed with a big play.  I'm sure there were a few, but I don't remember.  Most game changing players have at least a few plays that people can recall.  I mean he did get us 15 yards when he got his hair pulled on the sidelines.

So you don't have to do the research, before 2015 when he had 8 INTs, his previous Bengals high was 4 and career high was 5.  He averages less than a sack per season and has only forced 3 fumbles in his career.  Maybe we just have different definitions of a playmaking safety. 

31 minutes ago, WRAPradio said:

Or a case of people overrating their players and taking one year as the "NFL Leader in something" and projecting that onto the rest of their career.  Nelson was a good player for us, but I don't believe he struck fear in a single offensive coordinator or WR/TE.  Something I don't remember is how many games he changed with a big play.  I'm sure there were a few, but I don't remember.  Most game changing players have at least a few plays that people can recall.  I mean he did get us 15 yards when he got his hair pulled on the sidelines.

So you don't have to do the research, before 2015 when he had 8 INTs, his previous Bengals high was 4 and career high was 5.  He averages less than a sack per season and has only forced 3 fumbles in his career.  Maybe we just have different definitions of a playmaking safety. 

Lmfao wow.

OR Maybe it's a case of people underrating their players because they can't give anyone fucking credit they deserve. How many free safeties "strike fear into offensive coordinators"? Seriously. If you have an OC that's gameplanning entirely around a FS, you have a shit tier OC.

So you don't remember those clutch INTs against Pittsburgh? Like the one that got us into the playoffs in 2012? Maybe it's just you that can't recall anything because you refuse to admit that Reggie was an amazing safety here. That's a you problem if your memory sucks.

"He averages less than a sack per season" is the stupidest thing and biggest reach I've heard in my life for someone bashing a FREE SAFETY in the NFL. Yeah, fuck the fact that he generates the kind of turnover that FS typically generate, let's bitch that he doesn't rack up a stat that he has little to do with. Do you even know how many times Reggie, a center fielder FS, blitzed opposed to dropping into coverage in his time here? Yeah, you probably don't because your memory sucks as outline above by yourself. The dude barely ever blitzed so where do you expect him to get all of these mythical sacks that center fielding safeties should be getting?

I guess nobody remembers how Iloka was considered a high end safety when he was paired with Reggie and then his play "dropped off" magically when Nelson left. Or when Iloka hurt his groin and Shawn Williams came in to play SS in 2015 and played well enough to get a starting contract and then his play magically "dropped off" when he wasn't on the field with Reggie either.

You're free to believe whatever you'd like, but if you say that Reggie Nelson wasn't a playmaking safety in his time here, you're not giving him the credit he deserves.

57 minutes ago, omgdrdoom said:

Lmfao wow.

OR Maybe it's a case of people underrating their players because they can't give anyone fucking credit they deserve. How many free safeties "strike fear into offensive coordinators"? Seriously. If you have an OC that's gameplanning entirely around a FS, you have a shit tier OC.

So you don't remember those clutch INTs against Pittsburgh? Like the one that got us into the playoffs in 2012? Maybe it's just you that can't recall anything because you refuse to admit that Reggie was an amazing safety here. That's a you problem if your memory sucks.

"He averages less than a sack per season" is the stupidest thing and biggest reach I've heard in my life for someone bashing a FREE SAFETY in the NFL. Yeah, fuck the fact that he generates the kind of turnover that FS typically generate, let's bitch that he doesn't rack up a stat that he has little to do with. Do you even know how many times Reggie, a center fielder FS, blitzed opposed to dropping into coverage in his time here? Yeah, you probably don't because your memory sucks as outline above by yourself. The dude barely ever blitzed so where do you expect him to get all of these mythical sacks that center fielding safeties should be getting?

I guess nobody remembers how Iloka was considered a high end safety when he was paired with Reggie and then his play "dropped off" magically when Nelson left. Or when Iloka hurt his groin and Shawn Williams came in to play SS in 2015 and played well enough to get a starting contract and then his play magically "dropped off" when he wasn't on the field with Reggie either.

You're free to believe whatever you'd like, but if you say that Reggie Nelson wasn't a playmaking safety in his time here, you're not giving him the credit he deserves.

I think we have different definitions of a playmaking safety.  I expect a playmaking safety to create turnovers, shut down an opposing player, score points or make game saving/winning plays.  If he's not getting a ton of picks or changing games by causing fumbles, yes, I would expect a playmaking safety to get some sacks IF we're going to label him a playmaker. 

Reggie has one pick 6 in his career, has forced three fumbles in his career and over his six seasons here averaged 3.8 picks per season...and that includes one season where he had 8 (great season).  We're going to have to agree to disagree if our standards of a playmaking safety are so different.  Let me guess, you think John Kitna belongs in the HOF because in 2006 he threw for over 4000 yards?  Raise your standards.

To directly respond to the points in your post:

- I'm sure coordinators game planed around Polamalu (sp?) and Ed Reed...or according to you maybe not b/c that would make them a shit tier OC.  

- Calling Reggie "amazing" is a stretch...I think competent to good is a little more accurate.  Amazing compared to Olahate (sp?), yes.  Amazing in real life, no.

- I don't know how many times he blitzed the QB, please enlighten me. 

- I agree Iloka's play did drop off after Reggie left, but so did the defensive line and the LBs....not sure all of that is due to Reggie being gone

Honestly, I just think we have different definitions/expectations of what we consider an amazing safety.  My definition of an amazing player or a playmaker is someone who could possibly be in the HOF one day or at least someone who you thought while watching the game could make a PLAY at any moment (maybe too high of an expectation), but it's certainly not of a player that you hope to just remember his name in 10 years.  I feel like Geno, AJG or Burfict could make a play at any moment, I never felt that way with Reggie.  I know it sounds like I'm bashing Reggie and I'm really not trying to, I think he was a solid player while he was here.

7 minutes ago, WRAPradio said:

I think we have different definitions of a playmaking safety.  I expect a playmaking safety to create turnovers, shut down an opposing player, score points or make game saving/winning plays.  If he's not getting a ton of picks or changing games by causing fumbles, yes, I would expect a playmaking safety to get some sacks IF we're going to label him a playmaker. 

Reggie has one pick 6 in his career, has forced three fumbles in his career and over his six seasons here averaged 3.8 picks per season...and that includes one season where he had 8 (great season).  We're going to have to agree to disagree if our standards of a playmaking safety are so different.  Let me guess, you think John Kitna belongs in the HOF because in 2006 he threw for over 4000 yards?  Raise your standards.

To directly respond to the points in your post:

- I'm sure coordinators game planed around Polamalu (sp?) and Ed Reed...or according to you maybe not b/c that would make them a shit tier OC.  

- Calling Reggie "amazing" is a stretch...I think competent to good is a little more accurate.  Amazing compared to Olahate (sp?), yes.  Amazing in real life, no.

- I don't know how many times he blitzed the QB, please enlighten me. 

- I agree Iloka's play did drop off after Reggie left, but so did the defensive line and the LBs....not sure all of that is due to Reggie being gone

Honestly, I just think we have different definitions/expectations of what we consider an amazing safety.  My definition of an amazing player or a playmaker is someone who could possibly be in the HOF one day or at least someone who you thought while watching the game could make a PLAY at any moment (maybe too high of an expectation), but it's certainly not of a player that you hope to just remember his name in 10 years.  I feel like Geno, AJG or Burfict could make a play at any moment, I never felt that way with Reggie.  I know it sounds like I'm bashing Reggie and I'm really not trying to, I think he was a solid player while he was here.

Yeah first of all I just want to point out that I agree with a lot of stuff you post on here in general and a lot of my posts sound more confrontational than I mean to write them when I read back on them, just to get that out of the way. I just get frustrated when I think people are undervaluing some of our guys that IMO did a lot while they were here.

I do think we have different definitions of a playmaker. Of course Reed and Polamalu are playmakers, but you can't only call a guy a playmaker that's a future HOFer, that's just too high of standards in my book. Just because someone isn't Earl Thomas doesn't mean they weren't one of the better FS in the league for a few years straight. In my eyes Reggie was in that tier of FS behind Thomas/Berry/etc. He wasn't the top of elite guys but he was in that next "pretty damn good consistently" group. There were the consistently elite players, then there were always the guys having a standout year or two, and then there was that #5-10 best FS that I feel Reggie deserved to be in throughout that time period. He was only top 5 statistically 1 of those years (2nd team All Pro as well aka one of the best 4 safeties in football), but he was obviously better than about 20 or so other FS in the league most seasons.

He was rarely assigned to blitz IIRC. I don't have the exact PFF numbers anymore but I know that we didn't really put him into those situations with any frequency. Sacks just aren't going to generate when you aren't rushing the guy. I don't know why we would judge a center fielder on sacks whenever he was excellent in coverage (much more important to his position) for most of his years in stripes.

Amazing was a bit of an exaggeration on my part if you consider his entire career but I do think he was amazing for a 2 year stretch for us. There was no safety in the league with more PDs than Reggie from 2014 - 2015. You can consider playmaking to be only future HOF guys that rack up a ton of INTs, sacks, and fumbles, but I'll give guys a playmaker title if they're top tier in coverage if that's their main role as a defender. He also made a lot of pretty important plays for us so it's odd to me that of all guys, you don't seem to recall any of Reggie's big splash plays. Yeah, he doesn't have long weird hair and get covered by the media 24/7, but Nelson was a key defender on one of the best defenses in the league for a few straight seasons. I don't know man, I don't think Iloka and Williams both looking worse without Nelson is some sort of coincidence, they "declined" for an obvious reason. He may not have been "amazing" by Ed Reed standards but I think calling him "solid" and no better is an insult to what he did here.

13 minutes ago, omgdrdoom said:

Yeah first of all I just want to point out that I agree with a lot of stuff you post on here in general and a lot of my posts sound more confrontational than I mean to write them when I read back on them, just to get that out of the way. I just get frustrated when I think people are undervaluing some of our guys that IMO did a lot while they were here.

I do think we have different definitions of a playmaker. Of course Reed and Polamalu are playmakers, but you can't only call a guy a playmaker that's a future HOFer, that's just too high of standards in my book. Just because someone isn't Earl Thomas doesn't mean they weren't one of the better FS in the league for a few years straight. In my eyes Reggie was in that tier of FS behind Thomas/Berry/etc. He wasn't the top of elite guys but he was in that next "pretty damn good consistently" group. There were the consistently elite players, then there were always the guys having a standout year or two, and then there was that #5-10 best FS that I feel Reggie deserved to be in throughout that time period. He was only top 5 statistically 1 of those years (2nd team All Pro as well aka one of the best 4 safeties in football), but he was obviously better than about 20 or so other FS in the league most seasons.

He was rarely assigned to blitz IIRC. I don't have the exact PFF numbers anymore but I know that we didn't really put him into those situations with any frequency. Sacks just aren't going to generate when you aren't rushing the guy. I don't know why we would judge a center fielder on sacks whenever he was excellent in coverage (much more important to his position) for most of his years in stripes.

Amazing was a bit of an exaggeration on my part if you consider his entire career but I do think he was amazing for a 2 year stretch for us. There was no safety in the league with more PDs than Reggie from 2014 - 2015. You can consider playmaking to be only future HOF guys that rack up a ton of INTs, sacks, and fumbles, but I'll give guys a playmaker title if they're top tier in coverage if that's their main role as a defender. He also made a lot of pretty important plays for us so it's odd to me that of all guys, you don't seem to recall any of Reggie's big splash plays. Yeah, he doesn't have long weird hair and get covered by the media 24/7, but Nelson was a key defender on one of the best defenses in the league for a few straight seasons. I don't know man, I don't think Iloka and Williams both looking worse without Nelson is some sort of coincidence, they "declined" for an obvious reason. He may not have been "amazing" by Ed Reed standards but I think calling him "solid" and no better is an insult to what he did here.

My bad, I got a little in my feelings as well when responding. Also, I do tend to undervalue our players a little (my trade AJG post didn't go over too well).  

1 minute ago, WRAPradio said:

My bad, I got a little in my feelings as well when responding. Also, I do tend to undervalue our players a little (my trade AJG post didn't go over too well).  

Yeah I understand that we don't have a ton of great players, but there are some guys I feel don't get the recognition they deserve. Leon Hall was one of my favorites when he was here, Reggie Nelson and Marvin Jones are 2 other guys who I thought were good players that sports media completely ignored while they were here and they didn't get the love that some others got on Bengals message boards and whatnot.

It's just a slow news period where we have to argue over whether Reggie Nelson was "good" or "kind of good" for something to do. I guess either way it doesn't matter as we both agree that taking Derwin James would be awesome at 12. Quenton Nelson was the guy I really wanted but with Sitton's option being declined by the Bears, I'd bet my house that they're locked in on Nelson with their top 10 pick.

Archived