Positional Assessment of Pick 12

8 hours ago, TimKrumrieFan said:

KC's offer to move up.

Yeah you're just making shit up though just like you believed a random rumor about Whit's contract that didn't happen. The Chiefs were trading up to take a QB. They knew that Carolina and Cinci weren't going to take a QB so why on earth would they give up extra picks to go to #8/9 when they could trade for #10 instead? They never offered us shit. Stop making stuff up.

Bengals source - https://www.cincinnati.com/story/sports/nfl/bengals/2017/04/27/lewis-trade-nobody-interested/101012478/

Saying the Bengals should have traded back suggests a team wanted to move up. According to Lewis, the trade option never came to fruition.

“Nobody was interested when we were on the clock,” Lewis said.

Buffalo Bills source - http://www.buffalobills.com/news/article-1/Bills-trade-back-to-27-in-deal-with-Chiefs/22e28b88-9c09-4646-9129-a3666e3628ca

Once the draft was underway the final hurdle for the deal to go down was at pick seven with the Los Angeles Chargers. There was thought they might take a quarterback at seven as an heir apparent to Philip Rivers.

When the Chargers took WR Mike Williams the pre-arranged details of the trade were finalized with both the Bills and Chiefs confident that Carolina at eight and Cincinnati at nine were not going to take a quarterback. After no other clubs jumped in front of them with trades and the Bengals took WR John Ross ninth overall, Buffalo and Kansas City then called the trade into the league to consummate the deal.

On 2/28/2018 at 7:26 AM, omgdrdoom said:

Yeah you're just making shit up though just like you believed a random rumor about Whit's contract that didn't happen. The Chiefs were trading up to take a QB. They knew that Carolina and Cinci weren't going to take a QB so why on earth would they give up extra picks to go to #8/9 when they could trade for #10 instead? They never offered us shit. Stop making stuff up.

Bengals source - https://www.cincinnati.com/story/sports/nfl/bengals/2017/04/27/lewis-trade-nobody-interested/101012478/

Saying the Bengals should have traded back suggests a team wanted to move up. According to Lewis, the trade option never came to fruition.

“Nobody was interested when we were on the clock,” Lewis said.

Buffalo Bills source - http://www.buffalobills.com/news/article-1/Bills-trade-back-to-27-in-deal-with-Chiefs/22e28b88-9c09-4646-9129-a3666e3628ca

Once the draft was underway the final hurdle for the deal to go down was at pick seven with the Los Angeles Chargers. There was thought they might take a quarterback at seven as an heir apparent to Philip Rivers.

When the Chargers took WR Mike Williams the pre-arranged details of the trade were finalized with both the Bills and Chiefs confident that Carolina at eight and Cincinnati at nine were not going to take a quarterback. After no other clubs jumped in front of them with trades and the Bengals took WR John Ross ninth overall, Buffalo and Kansas City then called the trade into the league to consummate the deal.

Lewis lies all the time.  It was mentioned by KC and multiple talking heads during the draft coverage that KC offered the same deal to 8, 9 and 10 slots in case anyone tried to hop them.  But okay. I mean I don't really care if you agree or not...up to you.  I'll lose no sleep.

7 minutes ago, TimKrumrieFan said:

Lewis lies all the time.  It was mentioned by KC and multiple talking heads during the draft coverage that KC offered the same deal to 8, 9 and 10 slots in case anyone tried to hop them.  But okay. I mean I don't really care if you agree or not...up to you.  I'll lose no sleep.

Source? I provided a couple. It's not a matter of agreeing or disagree, it's the difference between what actually happened and what didn't. 2018 is such a weird time, people believe what they want to believe instead of acknowledging reality even when they don't like it.

15 minutes ago, SF2 said:

I heard Johnny Football is going to play here for free and all we need to do is give the Browns a 2nd rounder for his rights. Back up issue solved!

I know you're joking but you do realize the Browns don't own his rights, right?

man this draft is loaded with first rd DT talent, IMO....there's more than one guy from that group that could easily be the BPA when we get on the clock if both the stud LB's are off the board.

also, with Teryl Austin as the new DC, one name to keep an eye on is Marcus Davenport......small school kid, which isn't usually their m.o., but he's big/long and he's an absolute athletic freak....very Ziggy Ansah-esque.

Vita Vea or Da'Ron Payne would be awfully tough to pass on as well if both Smith/Edmunds are off the board......I'm intrigued by Taven Bryant as well. 

so this might not be a good year as far as first round OT's, but we're definitely sitting pretty nonetheless....there's gonna be some serious talent to choose from no matter who comes off the board in front of us.

Archived