Trade rumor going around

Bills trade up to 12. Bengals get cordy Glenn, pick 21 and a second rounder. I would do this in a heartbeat. Would u? This would put us in prime position to be contender next year. Glenn and boling would solidify the left side, billy price the center spot and either will Hernandez/ Isiah Wynn(or both?) At rg. Leaving only rt as a question mark. But anyways back to the original deal would u take it?

4 hours ago, LostInDaJungle said:

2018 cap hit: $14.45 million
Salary due: $9.25 million

For a guy who has missed 16 games in the past 2 seasons? FML, they could have signed a VERY durable guy the Rams picked up last year for that kind of coin. Can't remember his name right now...

Isn't trading up for or drafting an injured player some kind of Bengals law these days?

1 hour ago, Kochman said:

I have been pitching Glenn trade most offseason. I would like that trade. I was thinking we could get him straight up for a late round draft pick. Bills will probably release him if they can't find a trade partner. 

pretty much this...

no way the Bengals give up that much for a dude the Bills don't value that much....

12 hours ago, LostInDaJungle said:

2018 cap hit: $14.45 million
Salary due: $9.25 million

For a guy who has missed 16 games in the past 2 seasons? FML, they could have signed a VERY durable guy the Rams picked up last year for that kind of coin. Can't remember his name right now...

A good chunk of the cap hit would fall on the Bills. And yes clearly signing Whit would have been better.  Blame good ole Mikey B for that one.

Bills LT Cordy Glenn (foot) is on track for OTAs.
Glenn spent the final five weeks on IR with lingering foot/ankle issues. There's rumblings Buffalo could move on from him, but Glenn should be healthy for the start of their offseason program. Glenn has three years and $23M remaining on his contract

I wouldn't love it, but wouldn't hate it either.  You're getting a good tackle and a 2nd round pick out of it.  You move down a few spots, but you can probably get the OG (hernandez?) everyone is talking about in that range.  So you've fixed your oline for the most part and picked up an extra 2nd rounder.  

An important thing to remember with Glenn is most people thought he would be an elite rt or even guard in the NFL when he came out. Bills stuck with him at lt. We could switch him to rt if we wanted to and draft a lt. The big thing for me is the extra second. We need it to rebuild the oline in one season. 

Cordy Glenn is rumored to go to every team in the top half of the draft right now.

He's not just coming off of a recent injury, but has a long injury history. So... He's cleared for OTA's, but will he be there week 17?

He's also shown a serious lack of effort both on and off the field.

So do I like the idea? We don't have a lot of options with the guys we have now. At this point if it involved Mike Brown's liver and a portable cooler, you'd have to consider it. I think the money will scare away the Bengals anyway. We need to hold on to that to re-sign our 2020 draft picks.

16 minutes ago, LostInDaJungle said:

Cordy Glenn is rumored to go to every team in the top half of the draft right now.

He's not just coming off of a recent injury, but has a long injury history. So... He's cleared for OTA's, but will he be there week 17?

He's also shown a serious lack of effort both on and off the field.

So do I like the idea? We don't have a lot of options with the guys we have now. At this point if it involved Mike Brown's liver and a portable cooler, you'd have to consider it. I think the money will scare away the Bengals anyway. We need to hold on to that to re-sign our 2020 draft picks.

Except for the one that's slightly past his prime, but still one of the best in the league at his position.

Archived