2018 Free Agency thread

A really good 31 year old Sitton is far more valuable than Pac Man or Michael Johnson.

Cushing.   Its an interesting topic.  Phenomenal talent early on.  When healthy he is a great player.  Sounds like a total douche but sometimes guys play to the camera. I dunno, bring him in, see what it really up.

Yeah Sitton is a guy I'd love to have. 

Not extremely old, still plays at a high level and can play both guard spots, and could bring some veteran presence (well, GOOD vet presence) to the OL group. 

He shouldn't be extremely expensive but who knows with how NFL free agents get paid nowadays. 

3 hours ago, SF2 said:

Cushing.   Its an interesting topic.  Phenomenal talent early on.  When healthy he is a great player.  Sounds like a total douche but sometimes guys play to the camera. I dunno, bring him in, see what it really up.

That's the juice talking:3_grin:

I wish the Bengals would learn to renegotiate contracts. I can't remember 1 player that has had his contract renegotiated but I think that's how they resign most of there own FA.  Geathers and Peko both great team players were making way to much money last couple years of there contracts. There production didn't match there pay. With MJ and Pacman, I wish the Bengals could renegotiate to get some money back. They are still valuable but think they are making to much money.

7 hours ago, Kochman said:

That's the juice talking:3_grin:

I wish the Bengals would learn to renegotiate contracts. I can't remember 1 player that has had his contract renegotiated but I think that's how they resign most of there own FA.  Geathers and Peko both great team players were making way to much money last couple years of there contracts. There production didn't match there pay. With MJ and Pacman, I wish the Bengals could renegotiate to get some money back. They are still valuable but think they are making to much money.

Hell I just wish they'd restructure some contracts at times. Push some of the $$ a couple of years away when you know certain contracts will be coming off the books or your cap space will be more manageable so you can "go for it" in the current year.

Look at what the Stealers are doing right now. They're pushing money around with DeCastro and a couple other contracts and moving them to later years. Conveniently enough, Ben's contract will be turning into a rookie QB contract around that same time. The Mike Brown apologists will laugh at how the Stealers are in "cap hell" while the Stealers will be laughing as they're in the playoffs winning games again and we're sitting at home. It sucks to watch those pieces of shit, of all teams, actually know how to run a franchise. Yes, they're not perfect and they don't win the SB every year, but they're sure as hell more competitive than us 98% of the time.

6 minutes ago, omgdrdoom said:

Hell I just wish they'd restructure some contracts at times. Push some of the $$ a couple of years away when you know certain contracts will be coming off the books or your cap space will be more manageable so you can "go for it" in the current year.

Look at what the Stealers are doing right now. They're pushing money around with DeCastro and a couple other contracts and moving them to later years. Conveniently enough, Ben's contract will be turning into a rookie QB contract around that same time. The Mike Brown apologists will laugh at how the Stealers are in "cap hell" while the Stealers will be laughing as they're in the playoffs winning games again and we're sitting at home. It sucks to watch those pieces of shit, of all teams, actually know how to run a franchise. Yes, they're not perfect and they don't win the SB every year, but they're sure as hell more competitive than us 98% of the time.

Que the obligatory, " Your really a Stealer's fan in 5, 4, 3, "   

26 minutes ago, omgdrdoom said:

I believe this is part of MB's strategy or competitive advantage because the players know they will get to fulfill their contract regardless of their level of play. 

If we know anything about Brown it's that he's loyal to a fault and he's frugal as shit, he's not going to pay someone to not do a job. When you consider these factors it easy to see why they don't restructure contracts or cut guys like Pacman, MJ, Peko, etc...

When players sign in Cincinnati they know they will get all of the money on the contract in most situations, however they will not have a chance of winning the Super Bowl either.

3 hours ago, PatternMaster said:

I believe this is part of MB's strategy or competitive advantage because the players know they will get to fulfill their contract regardless of their level of play. 

If we know anything about Brown it's that he's loyal to a fault and he's frugal as shit, he's not going to pay someone to not do a job. When you consider these factors it easy to see why they don't restructure contracts or cut guys like Pacman, MJ, Peko, etc...

When players sign in Cincinnati they know they will get all of the money on the contract in most situations, however they will not have a chance of winning the Super Bowl either.

That is the pitfall of having an owner whose main source of revenue is the franchise.  The Krafts, Jones and Paul Allens of the world don't even feel a few million here and there.   

Archived