2018 Free Agency thread

13 hours ago, SF2 said:

No, he was pretty much better than everyone on our defense other than Geno.  About as good as Dunlap. He is a good player.

so you're saying that Ogletree is a better player than Vontaze Burfict?

c'mon man. 

5 hours ago, omgdrdoom said:

PFF is cool but if you take them as gospel, you're gonna have a bad time.

Ogletree was just 2nd team All Pro in 2016 and is still in his mid 20's. Sure his 2017 wasn't another All Pro season but the dude is a good football player. Don't let 1 website make all of your opinions for you.

He was bad last year and the team that just signed him to a contract gave him away for almost nothing. Many of the twitter voices I follow think the Rams came out huge just for getting out of the contract

10 minutes ago, MichaelWeston said:

He was bad last year and the team that just signed him to a contract gave him away for almost nothing. Many of the twitter voices I follow think the Rams came out huge just for getting out of the contract

He wasn't "bad" last year. Stop taking PFF as gospel. Did you watch the Rams?

He had a couple of rough games, sure. As another poster mentioned earlier, it seemed more like he just didn't fit the new defense. He's certainly not a bad NFL player and he just came off a recent All Pro season while being only 25 or 26 years old.

17 hours ago, Madieu Superstar said:

Would have made a lot of sense to trade for Ogletree. He’s making 10 mill this year. That’s Pac-Man and Lafell.

no guaranteed money after 2018.

would have looked nice playing alongside Burfict. 

I'm actually hearing the Bengals took a run at Ogletree. Even offered to bring him in to see if there was a fit. Unfortunately, when Mike Brown faxed him his Greyhound ticket and Skyline Chili coupons, shit kinda went sideways.

19 minutes ago, spicoli said:

so you're saying that Ogletree is a better player than Vontaze Burfict?

c'mon man. 

Not a better pure player but he has only missed 2 games in 4  years compared to 28 for Burfict.  In his last 4 seasons Burfict  has played 5, 10, 11, and 10 games. 2013 was awhile ago.  We started off last season 0-3 while Burfict sat.  

3 hours ago, SF2 said:

Not a better pure player but he has only missed 2 games in 4  years compared to 28 for Burfict.  In his last 4 seasons Burfict  has played 5, 10, 11, and 10 games. 2013 was awhile ago.  We started off last season 0-3 while Burfict sat.  

fair enough

54 minutes ago, omgdrdoom said:

Mitchell honestly isn't a good safety at all. Not just because he's a douche bag, but he's not a good player either. He's had some decent years but he's been mediocre in Pitt for the past couple.

Yeah I agree. Was thinking just to activate twice a year to lay out some of his cheap shots against a certain team.:1287:

On 3/8/2018 at 1:05 PM, SF2 said:

So he doesn't get suspended for bullshit, good for him.  That doesn't make Burfict injury prone.  

The offseason I would love to see. Basically a vet at every level. 

QB

1. Sign Glennon (or Bridgewater). Glennon would come cheap and has been solid in his moments. I could see him becoming a long term starter if Dalton got injured. That's what I want in my top backup. 

2. Sign Jerod Evans. I don't want to spend anything on a QB in the draft and Evans was with Van Pelt last year. 

RB

1. Draft a guy after round 4. 

WR

1. Sign John Brown. He should come cheap and could be very high reward. We went through last year with 7 wideouts and we can do it again this year. Brown is a legit 2nd WR which we lack. I think you have to take advantage of guys with question marks. 

TE

1. Draft an athletic guy after round 2.

OL

1. Sign Weston Richburg at C on day 1. Backup the truck. He won't make substantially more than Bodine but will play way better. 

2. Sign Strief if he is cut. 

3. Draft McGlinchey at 12. Last year we did't take Ramczyk, Bolles or Robinson in round one because they were deemed reaches. All started all year. The worst case scenario is McGlinchey is a 10 year right tackle for you. 

DL.

1. Sign Haloti Ngata. I think Austin loves him. 

LB

1. Sign one of Zach Brown, Korey Toomer or Whitehead. Get that done within week one. 

2  Sign a secondary guy probably Nick Bellore. He knows Austin and can play teams

DB

1. Sign Eric Reid. His kneeling makes him a steal. If he isn't a steal than stay away. 

Archived