2018 Free Agency thread

2 minutes ago, MichaelWeston said:

Chris Smith to the Browns

The biggest problem with this happening, is that the dickheads will now see the almighty 6th or 7th round comp pick that Smith's signing could bring and refuse to sign anyone that hasn't been cut.

6 hours ago, omgdrdoom said:

Is there a different Kirk Cousins I don't know about?

1 minute ago, SF2 said:

Is there a different Kirk Cousins I don't know about?

It's obscene isn't it?  But teams set their "window" to win, and pay whatever they think it takes to win in that period.

Take Garrapolo.  That dude is being paid similar money for... a handful of games?  Excellent games, yes, but jeezus McCarron has a very positive handful of games as well, and he's still curbside.  I wouldn't be shocked if he's actually back with us after all this settles, maybe teams were scared off because he shafted his team?...  GM's don't take too kindly to that stuff.

Anyone talking about Chris Smith to the Browns?  They paid him over $4M per, they can have him at that price.  Situational rusher and really tailed off as the year wore on IMO.

1 minute ago, HavePityPlease said:

It's obscene isn't it?  But teams set their "window" to win, and pay whatever they think it takes to win in that period.

Take Garrapolo.  That dude is being paid similar money for... a handful of games?  Excellent games, yes, but jeezus McCarron has a very positive handful of games as well, and he's still curbside.  I wouldn't be shocked if he's actually back with us after all this settles, maybe teams were scared off because he shafted his team?...  GM's don't take too kindly to that stuff.

Anyone talking about Chris Smith to the Browns?  They paid him over $4M per, they can have him at that price.  Situational rusher and really tailed off as the year wore on IMO.

At least Cousins has an actual body of work but still,..

1 hour ago, USN Bengal said:

The money, especially the guaranteed money is just freaking crazy this year.

That is my thought as well.  This free agent class is pretty average and teams are paying huge money for them.  Kudos to Cousins for getting a fully guaranteed contract but you have to think the league and 31 other owners don't want to set that precedent.  

Archived