2018 Free Agency thread

17 minutes ago, fluhartz said:

yea.. I saw this one earlier..that's what made me ask that question.

They are letting everyone go..

They NEVER have any loyalty to running backs and rarely tie up huge money on one position other than QB which is pretty common throughout the league.  Hell, Brady is only getting $20.5 mil over the next 2 years on a NEW CONTRACT that makes him the 10th highest paid QB.   Gotta wonder if there is some type of side deal with Kraft.   Over the last 7 years Brady has only once been paid as a top 5 QB and that was being paid the 5th most.  He is rarely one of the top 10 paid QBs over the last 15 years. 

1 minute ago, SF2 said:

They NEVER have any loyalty to running backs and rarely tie up huge money on one position other than QB which is pretty common throughout the league.  Hell, Brady is only getting $20.5 mil over the next 2 years on a NEW CONTRACT that makes him the 10th highest paid QB.   Gotta wonder if there is some type of side deal with Kraft.  

Oh I know how they operate..just seems even more extreme this year.

and I would be more surprised if there wasn't on that last part.

22 minutes ago, SF2 said:

They NEVER have any loyalty to running backs and rarely tie up huge money on one position other than QB which is pretty common throughout the league.  Hell, Brady is only getting $20.5 mil over the next 2 years on a NEW CONTRACT that makes him the 10th highest paid QB.   Gotta wonder if there is some type of side deal with Kraft.   Over the last 7 years Brady has only once been paid as a top 5 QB and that was being paid the 5th most.  He is rarely one of the top 10 paid QBs over the last 15 years. 

I've always assumed that he could make so much money with endorsements and other things that he figures he can cash in even more if his team wins championships rather than him making an extra million or two in NFL salary each year. He's still making tons of money, just not GOAT QB money like you'd expect. His wife does well too so maybe that factors in? I don't know, I wouldn't be surprised whatsoever if there was a side deal with Bob Kraft though. Just throwing out some other ideas as well, Brady seems like a really smart and competitive guy so I also wouldn't put it past him to view winning Super Bowls as more important than a few million dollars when his family is already rich as fuck.

35 minutes ago, omgdrdoom said:

This is why we traded for Glenn instead of going after Solder.

He's been a decent enough LT in his career, but the highest paid offensive lineman in the entire NFL??? LOLOL GTFO

Seriously.  This makes the Glenn trade even more brilliant.  His entire contract is less than the guaranteed money.

17 minutes ago, Jason said:

Seriously.  This makes the Glenn trade even more brilliant.  His entire contract is less than the guaranteed money.

I also think Cordy Glenn is just objectively better than Nate Solder, not even comparing contracts, age, or anything else. They're equals at absolute worst but I think the case can be made that Glenn > Solder in a career comparison.

22 minutes ago, Jason said:

Honeybadger cut.  Go get him!

13 minutes ago, fluhartz said:

was just about to post this

There are at least a couple teams out there that will pay him a shitload of money. I don't think the Bengals qualify there unfortunately.

BREAKING: #Bengals have managed to keep punter Kevin Huber - staved off a strong push from the Chicago Bears. Three year deal to keep the Cincinnati native home. https://www.cincinnati.com/story/sports/nfl/bengals/2018/03/14/cincinnati-bengals-re-sign-punter-kevin-huber/420397002/ 

1 hour ago, Hooky said:

Could you imagine how many commentator heads would explode with Suh and Burdock on the same D?

I'd love to see a front with Suh and Geno working side by side, as improbable as that is. Carlos, Suh, Geno, and Lawson......yeah, that's the stuff of chill bumps! 

Let's go get some Big Ben Pussy!

Archived