2018 Free Agency thread

2 hours ago, happyrid said:

Baker's interesting. The Bucs stuff from last year doesn't sound good. 

But he was pretty damn good in Washington and their GM Scot McGlouchlan (sp?) swore by him. Tough guy who was really good against the run. 

I'm assuming it would take something in neighborhood of $3M per year to sign him and he would be a little bit of an upgrade over Pat Sims as a run-stuffing rotation guy at DT. 

Our DL coach was his coach there too. 

6 minutes ago, schotzee said:

Not footall? Was that a typo?

No the twitter handle is gone now but someone made one called JonnyTooTall and photoshopped him as midget making all sorts of midget related football jokes, it was hilarious.

1 hour ago, oldschooler said:

That is an embedded tweet. If you click on it, there is an article that list the top 100 Free Agents. 

Ahh, I was thinking that was kinda nuts.

14 minutes ago, SF2 said:

Ahh, I was thinking that was kinda nuts.

Yeah, I just post tweet links and it automatically embeds them and it makes it look like a screenshot.

Some people think I'm just posting memes when I'm actually posting tweets that have article.

I should probably make a thread about it. Or just hope everyone sees this post.

Image result for fingers crossed gif

2 hours ago, oldschooler said:

Yeah, I just post tweet links and it automatically embeds them and it makes it look like a screenshot.

Some people think I'm just posting memes when I'm actually posting tweets that have article.

I should probably make a thread about it. Or just hope everyone sees this post.

Image result for fingers crossed gif

You didn't think I was serious did you?

56 minutes ago, SF2 said:

Ogletree is really a good player.  Must be in cap hell.

The Rams are clearing cap space to sign Aaron Donald and Sammy Watkins.  Dealing Ogletree and Robert Quinn has freed up a little over $20 million.  They also added a pair of 4th and 6th round picks.  Tough business decisions but probably necessary considering that Donald is going to be the highest paid defensive player in the NFL.

29 minutes ago, MichaelWeston said:

I think he is actually pretty terrible now. 

No, he was pretty much better than everyone on our defense other than Geno.  About as good as Dunlap. He is a good player.

8 hours ago, MichaelWeston said:

PFF is cool but if you take them as gospel, you're gonna have a bad time.

Ogletree was just 2nd team All Pro in 2016 and is still in his mid 20's. Sure his 2017 wasn't another All Pro season but the dude is a good football player. Don't let 1 website make all of your opinions for you.

Wade Phillips moved the Rams to a 3-4. Ogletree didn't fit and played pretty awful in it. He's a really good run and chase weakside linebacker, like Burfict. Probably wouldn't have fit here since that position is occupied by a better player (IMO), but should thrive in New York.

Archived