Meet Jordan Dalton: The woman behind Cincinnati's quarterback

CINCINNATI —They say behind every great man is a great woman. And that couldn’t be more true when talking about Andy Dalton.

Jordan Dalton, the wife of Cincinnati’s quarterback, said she kind of likes being in his shadow. She says she’s her husband’s biggest cheerleader, whether he’s had a great game or a bad season.

“It's never easy to see someone be so horrible to someone you love," she said. 

If you were to ask her as girl what she wanted to be when she grew up, she would have never said the wife of an NFL quarterback.

“So I always just saw myself being a business person rocking that world -- wearing cute little business skirts and suits; going to meetings,” she said. “I definitely never thought we'd be here and now I teach Pilates and wear yoga pants."

She met Andy Dalton in college at TCU their senior year. They both were marketing majors.

Within a year of meeting, they were walking down the aisle. A few weeks later, they moved to Cincinnati.

"Our first year was pretty tough, going from being in college -- and college football's fun and it's exciting -- and then you get up here and the NFL, and it's your career. People either love you or hate you,” she said.

Jordan Dalton admits that life in the public eye was not easy at first. It’s still difficult sometimes.

“I feel like he's been criticized in the past for not being open and sharing what's going on, but he really is that guy,” she said. “He comes home and he is down on the floor with the kids or helping me put dishes in the sink.”

But, as she puts it, in her husband's shadow she found her light.

“I didn't have the same platform as Andy, but I had a different platform and I had my own platform,” she said. “I could reach other people and be able to do a job that I end up loving.”

Before Andy Dalton ever stepped onto the field at Paul Brown Stadium, the pair started the Andy & Jordan Dalton Foundation. Since 2011, they’ve been helping seriously sick and physically challenged children and their families.

Every year, the couple hosts a date night, letting parents go on dates while Andy and Jordan Dalton watch the children. Their foundation sends families to Kings Island and gives Christmas to families who can not afford to celebrate it.

They have passed out nearly $500,000 in grant money.

"When you get to put a name with a face and meet the child, there's just something so touching about it that it just makes you want to do more," Jordan Dalton said.

She said fans can be mean and seasons can be tough, but Cincinnati now feels like home -- minus one thing.

“It's just not Texas chili,” she said. “Chili is thick and chunky, but it's just different here. It's a texture thing. We're working on it."

(WLWT Channel 5 News video in the link)

http://www.wlwt.com/article/meet-jordan-dalton-the-woman-behind-cincinnatis-quarterback/14011841

On 2/21/2018 at 8:30 AM, saphead said:

My God she's so cute, I just wanna wear matching pajamas and spoon with her on the couch while binge watching Greys Anatomy.

See the source image

Everyone has their own favorite flavor, but that's a chick I would happily sit and share recipes with. She probably holds seminars in her off time teaching sugar how to be sweeter.

Archived