2018 NFL Combine thread

3 minutes ago, oldschooler said:

This board is waaaaaaaay too dead.

Duh-fuck?

It has it's moments of life. Glad you've been back around old!

7 minutes ago, SF2 said:

The stars are lining up for that 2nd round pick.   

Dilly dilly I believe they are!

On 2/27/2018 at 10:27 AM, oldschooler said:

Defensive tackles Bengals fans should know at 2018 NFL combine

By: Chris Roling | 24 minutes ago

An underrated need for the Cincinnati Bengals at the 2018 NFL scouting combine is along the interior of the defensive line.

While the offensive line figures to get plenty of help with some of the team’s 11 picks, new coordinator Teryl Austin should also see an influx of talent at the spot next to Geno Atkins, if not behind him.

While Ryan Glasgow and Andrew Billings seem promising, the 2018 class offers the Bengals some interesting options they’re sure to see at the combine.

Maurice Hurst, Michigan: The Bengals don’t need another interior rusher, though taking a guy like Hurst would create elite depth and an interesting scenario with Atkins needing an extension. At 6’2″ and 282 pounds, Hurst is an elite three-technique prospect who gets low and collapses pockets. Sound familiar?

Vita Vea, Washington: Vea is more in line with what the Bengals need right away. He’s a 6’4″, 344-pound monstrosity who plugs holes in the running game. But he’s also boasting top-15 upside at times because he lined up all over the line in college, even applying pressure from the outside. He’s a darkhorse name to remember at No. 12 because of his talent and flexibility he could afford the coaches.

Like this article?

Sign up for the Bengals Wire email newsletter to get our top stories in your inbox every morning

Mayock on Vita Vea: "He's a dancing bear. He's a freak."
Says Vea is a better player coming out of college than Dontari Poe.

Da’Ron Payne, Alabama: If the Bengals want to try and wait on a run-stuffing presence, the depth of this class at other spots might push Payne down the board. He’s only 6’2″ and 308 pounds, yet he’s a plug-and-play candidate because of his skill against the run.

Da'Ron Payne was the highest-graded member of the Crimson Tide in 2017

Tim Settle, Virginia Tech: Another guy who could take a slight dip, Settle is also a player with alarming versatility who has experience all over the line. At 6’3″ and 335 pounds, Settle can muscle up against the run but is also deceptively good at collapsing pockets as a rusher. He’s not a household name yet, but we can expect him to make plenty of combine “winners” lists soon.

https://bengalswire.usatoday.com/2018/02/27/defensive-tackles-bengals-2018-nfl-combine/

It forget dt2 after vea in taven Bryan 

On 2/27/2018 at 7:42 PM, WRAPradio said:

I'll be interested to see how the ND OT (Mcsomething) looks in drills.  Supposedly his only weakness is vs. smaller speed rushers, which NFL teams will take advantage of if that's true.  Other than that the experts say he's got the potential to be great.  OT is our biggest need and even if we don't address it at 12, I'd expect us to take two OTs by the end of the draft.

Just call him mcg way easier than mcglinchey

Billy price getting  hurt a blessing in disguise may fall to us in second round. Also my favorite player in the draft lost 14 lbs and benched 37 will Hernandez. Trash ass brown only benched 14. Saquan benched 29. Jamarco Jones didn't particular Wynn benched 8 but he was coming  off surgery. Gesecki weigh in just proved he's the best te along with goedert. Jamarco Jones my favorite tackle didn't participate in bench press will wait til pro day. 

16 hours ago, Jpoore said:

Billy price getting  hurt a blessing in disguise may fall to us in second round. Also my favorite player in the draft lost 14 lbs and benched 37 will Hernandez. Trash ass brown only benched 14. Saquan benched 29. Jamarco Jones didn't particular Wynn benched 8 but he was coming  off surgery. Gesecki weigh in just proved he's the best te along with goedert. Jamarco Jones my favorite tackle didn't participate in bench press will wait til pro day. 

wow...that is glaring...

I was reading somewhere else that the coaches were yelling at him for not giving effort in the drills..    what a dumbass 

19 hours ago, Jpoore said:

God I hope the Browns do something stupid and DONT pick Saquan Barkley.  That guy is gonna be a beast I believe. 

2 minutes ago, oldschooler said:

Wasn't Orlando Brown supposed to be a near top 10 pick?  At least in the top 15?  Dude would have been better off staying home unless he is tanking because he already has a secret deal done. 

Archived