2018 NFL Combine thread

KICKERS
TUESDAY: Hospital pre-exam and X-rays, interviews with teams 
WEDNESDAY: Measurements, medical exams, interviews with teams 
THURSDAY: Psychological testing, kicker/special teams workout, bench press, interviews with teams 
FRIDAY: On-field workouts and drills 

SPECIAL TEAMS PLAYERS
THURSDAY: Psychological testing, kicker/special teams workout, bench press, interviews with teams 

OFFENSIVE LINEMEN
THURSDAY: Psychological testing, bench press, interviews with teams 

DEFENSIVE LINEMEN
THURSDAY: Hospital pre-exam and X-rays, interviews with teams 
FRIDAY: Measurements, medical exams, interviews with teams 
SATURDAY: Psychological testing, bench press, interviews with teams 
SUNDAY: On-field workouts and drills 

LINEBACKERS
THURSDAY: Hospital pre-exam and X-rays, interviews with teams 
FRIDAY: Measurements, medical exams, interviews with teams 
SATURDAY: Psychological testing, bench press, interviews with teams 
SUNDAY: On-field workouts and drills 

TIGHT ENDS
WEDNESDAY: Hospital pre-exam and X-rays, interviews with teams 
THURSDAY: Measurements, medical exams, interviews with teams 
FRIDAY: Psychological testing, bench press, interviews with teams 
SATURDAY: On-field workouts and drills 

CORNERBACKS AND SAFETIES
FRIDAY: Hospital pre-exam and X-rays, interviews with teams 
SATURDAY: Measurements, medical exams, interviews with teams 
SUNDAY: Psychological testing, bench press, interviews with teams 
MONDAY: On-field workouts and drills 

WIDE RECEIVERS

RUNNING BACKS
THURSDAY: Psychological testing, bench press, interviews with teams 

QUARTERBACKS

http://www.nj.com/jets/index.ssf/2018/02/nfl_combine_2018_schedule_when_are_workouts_for_sa.html

Defensive tackles Bengals fans should know at 2018 NFL combine

By: Chris Roling | 24 minutes ago

An underrated need for the Cincinnati Bengals at the 2018 NFL scouting combine is along the interior of the defensive line.

While the offensive line figures to get plenty of help with some of the team’s 11 picks, new coordinator Teryl Austin should also see an influx of talent at the spot next to Geno Atkins, if not behind him.

While Ryan Glasgow and Andrew Billings seem promising, the 2018 class offers the Bengals some interesting options they’re sure to see at the combine.

Maurice Hurst, Michigan: The Bengals don’t need another interior rusher, though taking a guy like Hurst would create elite depth and an interesting scenario with Atkins needing an extension. At 6’2″ and 282 pounds, Hurst is an elite three-technique prospect who gets low and collapses pockets. Sound familiar?

Vita Vea, Washington: Vea is more in line with what the Bengals need right away. He’s a 6’4″, 344-pound monstrosity who plugs holes in the running game. But he’s also boasting top-15 upside at times because he lined up all over the line in college, even applying pressure from the outside. He’s a darkhorse name to remember at No. 12 because of his talent and flexibility he could afford the coaches.

Like this article?

Sign up for the Bengals Wire email newsletter to get our top stories in your inbox every morning

Mayock on Vita Vea: "He's a dancing bear. He's a freak."
Says Vea is a better player coming out of college than Dontari Poe.

Da’Ron Payne, Alabama: If the Bengals want to try and wait on a run-stuffing presence, the depth of this class at other spots might push Payne down the board. He’s only 6’2″ and 308 pounds, yet he’s a plug-and-play candidate because of his skill against the run.

Da'Ron Payne was the highest-graded member of the Crimson Tide in 2017

Tim Settle, Virginia Tech: Another guy who could take a slight dip, Settle is also a player with alarming versatility who has experience all over the line. At 6’3″ and 335 pounds, Settle can muscle up against the run but is also deceptively good at collapsing pockets as a rusher. He’s not a household name yet, but we can expect him to make plenty of combine “winners” lists soon.

https://bengalswire.usatoday.com/2018/02/27/defensive-tackles-bengals-2018-nfl-combine/

I'll be interested to see how the ND OT (Mcsomething) looks in drills.  Supposedly his only weakness is vs. smaller speed rushers, which NFL teams will take advantage of if that's true.  Other than that the experts say he's got the potential to be great.  OT is our biggest need and even if we don't address it at 12, I'd expect us to take two OTs by the end of the draft.

Who's your top 11?

mine going into the combine..

1. Cleveland - QB Sam Darnold, USC
2. NY Giants - QB Baker Mayfield, Oklahoma
3. Indy - RB Saquon Barkley, Penn St
4. Cleveland - DB Minkah Fitzpatrick, Alabama
5. Denver - OG Quinton Nelson, Notre Dame
6. NY Jets - QB Josh Allen, Wyoming
7 Tampa Bay - DE Bradley Chubb, NC State
8. Chicago - CB Denzel Ward, The Ohio State
9. San Fran - LB Tremaine Edmunds, Virginia Tech
10 Oakland - DT Maurice Hurst, Meatchicken
11. Miami - S Derwin James, Florida St

12 Cincinnati - ?

7 hours ago, spicoli said:

Who's your top 11?

mine going into the combine..

1. Cleveland - QB Sam Darnold, USC
2. NY Giants - QB Baker Mayfield, Oklahoma
3. Indy - RB Saquon Barkley, Penn St
4. Cleveland - DB Minkah Fitzpatrick, Alabama
5. Denver - OG Quinton Nelson, Notre Dame
6. NY Jets - QB Josh Allen, Wyoming
7 Tampa Bay - DE Bradley Chubb, NC State
8. Chicago - CB Denzel Ward, The Ohio State
9. San Fran - LB Tremaine Edmunds, Virginia Tech
10 Oakland - DT Maurice Hurst, Meatchicken
11. Miami - S Derwin James, Florida St

12 Cincinnati - ?

You don't have Josh Rosen in your top 11?

There are a lot of potentially talented kids being talked about for the top 15 or so picks, so one of them HAS to be there at 12. Roquan Smith, Derwin James, Da'Ron Payne, Vita Vea, Orlando Brown are all guys that could be there with our pick that I'd be totally fine with.

Unfortunately I had a similar opinion last year where there were 4-5 guys on board that I'd have been fine with but we took an injured, undersized player at a position we didn't need instead.

It's going to be really hard for the combine to change my mind about any of the guys I really do/don't want just like last year. If a guy looked like he would translate well to the NFL I'm not going to not want him just because he didn't put up enough reps at the combine.

3 hours ago, Jason said:

You don't have Josh Rosen in your top 11?

Rosen was just the guy that got left out, it could just as easily be Allen or Mayfield.....point is, I just don't think there are gonna be 4 QB's that get drafted in front of us.

unless there are a bunch of trades (which I don't rule out, it's just hard to project trades), there's not even 4 teams in front of us that need QB's......Cousins likely ends up in Denver so that takes one team off the list....Cleveland, Jets and Giants are the only others at the moment.

IMO one of Allen/Mayfield/Rosen is going to get left out of the top 11......I have absolutely no idea which one at this point though, they're all gonna have very similar grades so it's hard tellin.

12 hours ago, spicoli said:

IMO one of Allen/Mayfield/Rosen is going to get left out of the top 11......I have absolutely no idea which one at this point though, they're all gonna have very similar grades so it's hard tellin.

Yeah, there are a lot of teams that have much bigger needs than QB so they aren't even going to take one of those guys that "falls".

Dalton is our guy. We aren't going to take a backup QB at 12 if a playmaker like Derwin James or an OT/OG that the organization really likes is sitting there.

Archived