Fiscal Conservatives? More like Hypocritical Conservattives (FUCK TRUMP)

oldschooler

27 minutes ago, T-Dub said:

Malignant narcissist.  

Want to make odds on whether he steps down gracefully when the time comes?

No chance in fact if he does serve a full term I think he still tweets the nonsense he does about those on the other side. 

The best thing for this country is for him to be put in jail where he cant communicate his nonsense to anyone

3 hours ago, Jamie_B said:

No chance in fact if he does serve a full term I think he still tweets the nonsense he does about those on the other side. 

The best thing for this country is for him to be put in jail where he cant communicate his nonsense to anyone

He's only parroting talking points being fed to him by the the same group of kleptocrats he's been in business with for decades.   They'll probably pick the next one, too.

donald-trump-hillary-clinton.jpg

Yep, the sad thing is the people who voted for him and are eating that shit up with a grin on their face, are the same ones that are getting screwed over by him.

But they will vote for it again....because they are stupid.

23 hours ago, Jamie_B said:

Yep, the sad thing is the people who voted for him and are eating that shit up with a grin on their face, are the same ones that are getting screwed over by him.

But they will vote for it again....because they are stupid.

Or because the two options they are given are both so uninspiring and corrupt that they will vote for whichever one best appeals to their own fears and prejudices... which have been stoked to a fever pitch by a complicit news media mostly owned by said kleptocrats.. because our 2nd-world-tier public education has created an environment of political debate based on who can yell the loudest, longest... little more than two competing but identical bands of chimps throwing their own shit at one another.

Or, y'know, ORANGE MAN BAD and everyone stupid but me.  ;)

Hand to God, give me a Romney vs Biden election.  Yeah I know they are of the very same system of mostly old rich white dudes I'm talking about: it's not because I really like either of them, but because they both seem relatively calm.  Fuck their politics, right now I just want someone that's not going to throw more gas on the fire.  In fact I would expect either one to shut down the concentration camps & piss off the extremists and evangelicals, so IDK.  Maybe a little "back to business as usual" would be OK for the next term?  We aren't going to fix what's broken with a bigger hammer.

15 hours ago, T-Dub said:

Or because the two options they are given are both so uninspiring and corrupt that they will vote for whichever one best appeals to their own fears and prejudices... which have been stoked to a fever pitch by a complicit news media mostly owned by said kleptocrats.. because our 2nd-world-tier public education has created an environment of political debate based on who can yell the loudest, longest... little more than two competing but identical bands of chimps throwing their own shit at one another.

Or, y'know, ORANGE MAN BAD and everyone stupid but me.  ;)

Hand to God, give me a Romney vs Biden election.  Yeah I know they are of the very same system of mostly old rich white dudes I'm talking about: it's not because I really like either of them, but because they both seem relatively calm.  Fuck their politics, right now I just want someone that's not going to throw more gas on the fire.  In fact I would expect either one to shut down the concentration camps & piss off the extremists and evangelicals, so IDK.  Maybe a little "back to business as usual" would be OK for the next term?  We aren't going to fix what's broken with a bigger hammer.

The back to business as usual thing scares me because while Trump is an inept moron neofacist, if we don't actually address the issues that led to him taking power, and no not all of it is racism and/or sexism (though I don't discount that), we will eventually get someone who is not an inept moron neofacist, and will do lasting damage to the union.

We have to fix the structural problems that led us here.

On 6/3/2019 at 11:05 AM, Jamie_B said:

The back to business as usual thing scares me because while Trump is an inept moron neofacist, if we don't actually address the issues that led to him taking power, and no not all of it is racism and/or sexism (though I don't discount that), we will eventually get someone who is not an inept moron neofacist, and will do lasting damage to the union.

We have to fix the structural problems that led us here.

Good luck with that.  You have 2 organizations called the Democrat National Committee and Republican National Committee that believe it is their duty to choose the nominee for President.  You commoners just need to shut up and do what you are told.

Last election is a perfect example.  In the case of Trump, the RNC did NOT want him to win the nomination.  They were in the tank for Jeb Bush day 1.  Only problem was  Jeb was a noodle like his brother and the rest of the country didn't want another Bush which the RNC should have already known.  Meanwhile, every media outlet had Trump on 24/7 giving him billions in free advertising.  The other candidates were ignored even though the establishment Republicans were kicking and screaming telling everyone to ignore Trump.  

On the Dem side the DNC made it well known Hillary would be the candidate and did everything to make it happen. A wide open primary and the only other Democrat to make it to the primaries was Martin O'Malley.   Jim Webb, decorated Marine and highly qualified candidate couldn't even get airtime on the public access channel since the DNC pretty much had him blacklisted.  Nope, it was going to be Hillary and no way Bernie Sanders makes an impact.   In the end Sanders had to be sabotaged during the debates.

It is amazing that there hasn't been a viable 3rd party in this country in 160 years.

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/6/2019 at 3:53 PM, SF2 said:

It is amazing that there hasn't been a viable 3rd party in this country in 160 years.

Yeah we're due.   Tea Party got all wackadoo but it had a chance.  I'd like to think there's a point coming where the Republicans can no longer appease the Christian extremists & still win an election.  More environmental disasters, or one big industrial one killing a bunch of people like Bhopal or Texas City (inevitable) and I could see the Green party getting somewhere.  Thought Bernie might split the DNC last time, have to think it was a close thing there with them effectively shutting down the late primaries.

It's coming, or worse.   We've become complacent with the idea of our infallible democracy, the vaunted Checks & Balances etc..  A band of crooks backed a truck through the loopholes in them & started pillaging. We're still trying to figure out why the silverware is missing but that won't last & there will be hell to pay.   We'll be better for it in the long run but I fear we may go full-throttle into this dystopian consumerist police state or whatever before it gets better. 

• 3 weeks later...

Liberal and conservative have nothing to do with economics at this point.  

Conservative = Sharia Law but for Jesus  (really closer to Wahhabism but not like they know the difference) & war is good for business

Liberal = Concentration camps for children are bad & being poor shouldn't be a health condition

Could the bar be any lower for "radical leftist"? 

Another actual post from Cat's neighborhood forum:

Bravo Mr. President

Loving your speech at the moment. Proud to be an American.

fireworks.gif

Unsure if it's just trolling at this point... I mean, I really hope so. The fact that anyone would still believe anything this con man says, seems to pass way beyond believability.

Archived