Fiscal Conservatives? More like Hypocritical Conservattives (FUCK TRUMP)

oldschooler

• 2 weeks later...
43 minutes ago, oldschooler said:

I'm gonna quote a piece of a song from Don Henley, called The Garden of Allah - this is accurate now more than ever, with all this shit we hear from Trump, Giuliani, Kellyanne Conway, et al.

Today I made an appearance downtown
I am an expert witness because I say I am
And I said gentlemen, and I use that world loosely
I will testify for you, I'm a gun for hire,I'm a saint, I'm a liar
Because there are no facts, there is no truth
Just data to be manipulated
I can get you any result you like
What's it worth to you?
Because there is no wrong, there is no right
And I sleep very well at night
No shame, no solution, no remorse, no retribution
Just people selling t-shirts
Just opportunity to participate in the pathetic little circus
And winning, winning, winning

Crazy notion here:   Who gives half a fuck what the Bible says about anything?  For billions of people around the world it's just a really weird, really old book.  The idea that we should be using it as a guide to public policy is insane. 

10 hours ago, T-Dub said:

Crazy notion here:   Who gives half a fuck what the Bible says about anything?  For billions of people around the world it's just a really weird, really old book.  The idea that we should be using it as a guide to public policy is insane. 

I would suggest there is good and bad in that obviously the Kim Davis' of the world that push horrid policy, but also Dr. King who was obviously motivated spiritually pushed for policies of justice. 

Overall I agree that we should ahear to the separation of Chruch and State, but we need to be careful about not completely excluding those of faith simply because they have faith.

I think Jon Stweart said it best about the Hypocrisy of the Right.

"Please understand that a lot of what the right does, and it's maybe their greatest genius, is they've created a code of conduct that they police, that they themselves don't have to, in any way, abide," Stewart said.

5 hours ago, Jamie_B said:

I would suggest there is good and bad in that obviously the Kim Davis' of the world that push horrid policy, but also Dr. King who was obviously motivated spiritually pushed for policies of justice. 

Overall I agree that we should ahear to the separation of Chruch and State, but we need to be careful about not completely excluding those of faith simply because they have faith.

There is good & bad in The Adventures of Tom Sawyer. If a legislator started quoting it as inspiration for our laws we'd think they were insane. Hell even quoting the ancient "holy" books of any religion other than Christianity would be controversial & likely career-ending. 

To put it another way, when a Western government sets out to do something evil & fucked up there's a very good chance someone's going to be quoting scripture to justify it. You can find a verse in the Bible that could be construed to justify almost anything. It's not a reasonable or logical basis for Law.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived