Papa John's is no longer the NFL's official pizza

7 minutes ago, SF2 said:

I loved pizza hut.   You could bring your own beer into the one by my house.

It was the only pizza place that sold beer anywhere near me for quite some time. I don't believe they sell it or allow it in the building anymore though

Donatos is better than all of those chains.  That said there are way better small mom and pop and single digit location joints that blow all of these guys away but obviously they don't have the pockets to sponsor the NFL.   Cassanos is really good stuff in Ohio if you dont mind a little salt.

5 hours ago, SF2 said:

Donatos is better than all of those chains.  That said there are way better small mom and pop and single digit location joints that blow all of these guys away but obviously they don't have the pockets to sponsor the NFL.   Cassanos is really good stuff in Ohio if you dont mind a little salt.

I think you just walked into something here.  Could you imagine if the NFL did mention a local business, without worrying about sponsorship money, but for example just a 10 second statement or clip of local business in that area.  Especially where the stadiums are located.  That would be pretty cool just run something right before halftime, that would be pretty cool.  Check out John's Footwear or Erica's Hair Salon on East 10th Street Barboursville or something!

All the national pizza chains have started off well and then gotten progressively shittier over the years.  Papa John's, Domino's, Pizza Hut...they were all really good back in the day, but all have fallen to really shitty levels.  The two main problems are franchise owners (or corporate or whoever) cutting way back on ingredients and the workers just not giving a damn what they send out the door.  The focus today is on "cheap" and the products have suffered because of it.  I saw an article just today where Papa John's realizes that there is a perception they are overpriced, so they're going to start offering something for $5.99.  Never mind "better", just get it "cheaper".

Archived