2018 Free Agent Tracker

Putting together a spreadsheet and almost done. I am sure there is a large group of guys I am ignoring from the field especially cap casualties. I think it' deserves it's own free agency tracker thread when so I can keep it up top and it's easily trackable. With that said who are the guys you like and who should I add to the list? 

The list below in Red box is guys I would sign immediately. I would like them not to sit out week 1 of free agency and atleast get an olineman and a lb. The blue box is for the guys who might still be hanging around week 2-3. Those are the more likely guys I guess but I will ignore precedence and hope they realize the slightly higher price tag for Weston Richburg over Bodine is well worth the return. 

Colors

Green-I want those guys on our team

Yellow-Should probably add but not as much of a like

Other color are the teams I am done with in the system

Cap Casualties are listed with team and than FA. Potential cap casualties are listed with team and then CC

I am sure I am missing some guys who are interesting. Please have at it. 

QB         Mike Glennon-Cards Jerod Evans-FA Johny Manziel-FA Matt Moore-Dolphins Teddy Bridgewater-Jets
RB         Rex Burkhead-Pats KaDeem Carey-FA DeMarco Murray-Tenn FA Doug Martin-Bucs FA Jonathan Stewart-Giants
FB                  
WR         Jeremy Kerley-FA Jordan Matthews-Bills Jordy Nelson-Packers    
WR         John Brown-Ravens Bruce Ellington-Texans      
WR         Paul Richardson-Redskins Terrelle Pryor-Redskins      
TE         Troy Niklas-Cards Julius Thomas-Dolphins CC      
LT Nate Solder-Giants       Seantrel Henderson-Texans        
LG Andrew Norwell-Jaguars Evan Smith-Bucs     Joe Looney-Cowboys Jack Mewhort-Colts Jonathan Cooper-Cowboys Alex Boone-Cards Josh Sitton-Bears FA
C Ryan Jensen-Tampa Zach Fulton-Texans Weston Richburg-49ers   John Sullivan-Rams        
RG Josh Kline-Titans       Jahri Evans-Packers Joe Berger-Vikings Brandon Fusco-49ers Senio Kelemente-Saints  
RT Chris Hubbard-Browns Justin Pugh-Cards Zach Strief-retired   DJ Fluker-Giants Austin Pastzor-Falcons Byron Bell-Cowboys    

K                  
P                  
LS                  

LE         Jared Crick-Broncos Karl Klug      
NT         Haloti Ngata-Eagles        
RE         Connor Barwin-Rams Vinny Curry-TB      
OLB Korey Toomer-Chargers Nigel Bradham-Eagles Avery Williamson-Jets   Josh Bynes-Cards Sean Weatherspoon-Falcons Kemal Ishmael-Falcons Marquis Flowers-Patriots  
ILB Zach Brown-Redskins Jerrell Freeman-Bears FA Todd Davis-Broncos Paul Posluzny-retired Nick Bellore-Lions Brian Cushing-Texans FA Brock Coyle-49ers    
ILB Tahir Whitehead-Raiders Jon Bostic-Pitt Preston Brown-Bengals Navarro Bowman-Raiders Zaire Anderson-Broncos (r) Paul Worrilow-Lions Will Compton-Redskins    
OLB         Pernell McPhee-Bears FA        
S         Tavin Wilson-Lions Eric Reid-49ers      
S         Quinton Demps-Bears FA Tyrann Mathieu-Texans      
CB         DJ Hayden-Jags        
CB         Richard Sherman-49ers        

Bengals Free Agent Tracker

Bengals Free Agents

McCarron 18 2 years Bills

Peerman 18

Hill 18 1 year Patriots

Eifert 18 1 year Bengals

Winston 18

Bodine 18 2 years Bills

Smith 18 2 years Cardinals

Huber 18 3 years

Smith 18-Browns 3 years 14 Million

Sims 18

Minter 18

Jones 18

Signed Free Agents

DL Chris Baker 19

QB Matt Barkley 20

LB Preston Brown 19

7 minutes ago, MichaelWeston said:

Bengals Free Agent Tracker

McCarron 18 - gone, doesn't want to be here

Peerman 18 - past expiration date

Hill 18 - gone, doesn't want to be here

Eifert 18 - possible re-sign

Winston 18 - way past expiration date

Bodine 18 - fucking ugh

Smith 18 - Andre? re-sign

Huber 18 - re-sign

Smith 18 - Chris? re-sign him too

Sims 18 - Baker replaces him

Minter 18 - pass, try a new FA LB that won't work out this year

I don't think we have a lot of money to be tied up in our own guys this year except possible Dunlap and Atkins extensions. Those guys are already on the books for a lot of cash so it won't eat up thaaaat much of our cap number to extend both of them. No reason to cry poor this year or to try and save those precious comp picks. We aren't losing anyone like Zeitler that would net us a really high comp this offseason so if there's any time to sign outside UFAs, this is the year.

On 3/9/2018 at 9:05 AM, schotzee said:

I must be thick headed. What does this all mean?

Not at all. That's just how my spreadsheet works with free agents. They all have contracts that lapse this year. 

Red is IR in 2017

Purple EFA or RFA

Blue FA signed

QB Dalton 21 Barkley 20 Driskel 20      
RB Mixon 21 Bernard 20 Hill 19 Carson 19 Williams 18  
HB Hewitt 20          
WR Green 20 Malone 20 Ross 22      
WR LaFell 19 Core 20 Whitfield 19      
WR Boyd 20 Erickson 19   Orndoff 19    
TE Eifert 19 Kroft 19 Uzomah 19 Carter 20 Schrek 21  
LT Glenn 21 Ogbouehi 20 Murray 18 Leamon 19    
LG Boling 20 Westerman 20        
C Johnson 19          
RG Hopkins 19 Redmond 19 Omoile 19      
RT Fisher 19 Perkins 19 Hart 19      

K Bullock 19 Brown 19        
P Huber 21          
LS Harris 19          

LE Dunlap 19 Lawson 21        
LT Atkins 19 Billings 20 Tupou 20      
RT Baker 19 Glasgow 21        
RE Johnson 19 Willis 21        
SLB Vigil 20 Evans 21 Bradford 19      
MLB Brown 19 Rey 19 Nickerson 19      
WLB Burfict 21 Bell 19 Harris 19      
S Williams 21 Fejedelem 20 Wilson 18      
S Iloka 21 Shaw 19 Therezie 19      
CB Kirkpatrick 22 Dennard 19 McRae 19      
CB Jackson 21 Russell 20 Shelton 19      

3 hours ago, omgdrdoom said:

Richard Sherman is being released today

Josh Sitton, Jonathan Stewart, Pernell McPhee, Quintin Demps, Chris Ivory, Doug Martin, Jerrell Freeman, Brian Cushing, Charles Johnson all were cut in February

Sitton would be a great add I will do that. 

The Rbs Murray, Stewart, Martin, Charles I am not sure add all that much to our roster and might not get PT. 

Ivory already signed with Bills. I think Johnson signed with Saints?

I will add McPhee, Demps and Cushing as well although I am not super high on any. 

Freeman is there. 

Sherman just got released so he is added too. 

I expected some heat for the Manziel name and I think he is very fringe. I just think you can probably have a high return if he gets his crap together. Make him sign a 2 year deal with the second deal a team option. The environment, with Lewis-Van Pelt and Dalton is an ideal one for a QB like Manziel to grow. I wouldn't rely on him as the top backup though. 

13 minutes ago, MichaelWeston said:

Sitton would be a great add I will do that. 

The Rbs Murray, Stewart, Martin, Charles I am not sure add all that much to our roster and might not get PT. 

Ivory already signed with Bills. I think Johnson signed with Saints?

I will add McPhee, Demps and Cushing as well although I am not super high on any. 

Freeman is there. 

Sherman just got released so he is added too. 

OH this was just people you were at least somewhat interested in for the Bengals? Yeah none of the RBs make sense then. I wouldn't mind picking up a really cheap vet if we move on from Peerman. Don't need any more guys that will command more than vet minimum though.

I wouldn't have added a lot of the names if I knew it was only guys we may want to see here, but Da'Norris Searcy was cut today and Donte Moncrief is a free agent WR not on the list that would be intriguing. I'm no huge fan of Searcy but I was surprised that the Bengals had Coleman in so they're obviously looking at free agent safeties.

10 minutes ago, MichaelWeston said:

I expected some heat for the Manziel name and I think he is very fringe. I just think you can probably have a high return if he gets his crap together. Make him sign a 2 year deal with the second deal a team option. The environment, with Lewis-Van Pelt and Dalton is an ideal one for a QB like Manziel to grow. I wouldn't rely on him as the top backup though. 

I think Johnny Fartball is the actual worst QB I've ever watched play in the NFL. It wasn't the Browns making him look bad, the dude is a disaster. He doesn't have what it takes to hang at this level regardless of any training he goes through.

I didn't give you any heat because at first I didn't realize the list was only guys you would be interested in seeing here. I thought you were just tracking every free agent in general.

17 minutes ago, MichaelWeston said:

didn't even notice... he is a bum and should hope he can catch on in the CFL or what ever the wrestling league is when/if it starts back up.

3 hours ago, omgdrdoom said:

OH this was just people you were at least somewhat interested in for the Bengals? Yeah none of the RBs make sense then. I wouldn't mind picking up a really cheap vet if we move on from Peerman. Don't need any more guys that will command more than vet minimum though.

I wouldn't have added a lot of the names if I knew it was only guys we may want to see here, but Da'Norris Searcy was cut today and Donte Moncrief is a free agent WR not on the list that would be intriguing. I'm no huge fan of Searcy but I was surprised that the Bengals had Coleman in so they're obviously looking at free agent safeties.

I think Johnny Fartball is the actual worst QB I've ever watched play in the NFL. It wasn't the Browns making him look bad, the dude is a disaster. He doesn't have what it takes to hang at this level regardless of any training he goes through.

I didn't give you any heat because at first I didn't realize the list was only guys you would be interested in seeing here. I thought you were just tracking every free agent in general.

Yeah, I can't put much effort in to defending Manziel

Leftovers that would be good to add

WR

Jordan Matthews

Terrelle Pryor

T

Cameron Fleming

Byron Bell

C/G

Mike Pouncey

Jack Mewhort

Jonathan Cooper

DE

Connor Barwin

Robert Ayers

Jared Crick

Karl Klug

LB

Korey Toomer

Paul Worrilow (Austin tie)

Kemal Ishmael

Marquis Flowers

S

Eric Reid

Reggie Nelson

CB

Adam Jones

DE

Connor Barwin

5 sacks last year & missed 2 games with a broken arm.  Would not mind him or Reggie coming back to town.

C/G

Mike Pouncey

Jack Mewhort

Jonathan Cooper

Give Bodine's money to any of these 3, or the local Red Cross for that matter.  Anyone not named Russell.

18 minutes ago, MichaelWeston said:

Best of whats left for us

WR-Jordan Matthews

OL-Byron Bell, (Joe Looney)-Dallas Guys/Cameron Fleming

DL-Jared Crick, Karl Klug, Connor Barwin

LB-Korey Toomer, Kemal Ishmael, Paul Worrilow (Allen guy)

S-Eric Reid

I am particularly interested in Barwin, Toomer and Ishmael. 

2 hours ago, MichaelWeston said:

Best of whats left for us

WR-Jordan Matthews

OL-Byron Bell, (Joe Looney)-Dallas Guys/Cameron Fleming

DL-Jared Crick, Karl Klug, Connor Barwin

LB-Korey Toomer, Kemal Ishmael, Paul Worrilow (Allen guy)

S-Eric Reid

Eric Reid and Cam Fleming are interesting. Both would make sense if the price is right. 

Archived