Keeping our enemies close 2018

Just now, MichaelWeston said:

Love what the Browns are doing. Have to be active in todays NFL.

Nailing your balls to a fencepost is also an activity. IOW, for a roster so lacking in talent I'm not sure trading away picks for marginal players is a good move.

45 minutes ago, T-Dub said:

Nailing your balls to a fencepost is also an activity. IOW, for a roster so lacking in talent I'm not sure trading away picks for marginal players is a good move.

They have a million picks. Trading away picks for 3 starters is a great move. How often do your picks hit? Our percentage over the last few years is terrible. Are you telling me you would rather have picks than Landry? 

Jarvis Landy in no world is a marginal player. Tyrod Taylor gives them a chance to win this year. He is a decent starter in the league.

18 minutes ago, MichaelWeston said:

They have a million picks. Trading away picks for 3 starters is a great move. How often do your picks hit? Our percentage over the last few years is terrible. Are you telling me you would rather have picks than Landry? 

Jarvis Landy in no world is a marginal player. Tyrod Taylor gives them a chance to win this year. He is a decent starter in the league.

Especially when you are the Browns.

Stealers doing the cap management

MAR 7 2018Antonio Brown

Antonio Brown, WR

Converted $6.96M in 2018 salary & a $6M roster bonus to signing bonus, clearing $9.72M in cap space for Pittsburgh (PIT)

MAR 6 2018Le'Veon Bell

Le'Veon Bell, RB

Offered a 1 year $14.544 million franchise tag by Pittsburgh (PIT)

FEB 11 2018David DeCastro

David DeCastro, G

Converted $6.79M of 2018 salary into signing bonus, clearing $5.09M in 2018 cap with Pittsburgh (PIT)

FEB 11 2018Stephon Tuitt

Stephon Tuitt, DE

Converted $2.71M of salary + a $7.5M roster bonus into signing bonus, clearing $8.168M of 2018 cap with Pittsburgh (PIT)

5 minutes ago, MichaelWeston said:

Stealers doing the cap management

MAR 7 2018Antonio Brown

Antonio Brown, WR

Converted $6.96M in 2018 salary & a $6M roster bonus to signing bonus, clearing $9.72M in cap space for Pittsburgh (PIT)

MAR 6 2018Le'Veon Bell

Le'Veon Bell, RB

Offered a 1 year $14.544 million franchise tag by Pittsburgh (PIT)

FEB 11 2018David DeCastro

David DeCastro, G

Converted $6.79M of 2018 salary into signing bonus, clearing $5.09M in 2018 cap with Pittsburgh (PIT)

FEB 11 2018Stephon Tuitt

Stephon Tuitt, DE

Converted $2.71M of salary + a $7.5M roster bonus into signing bonus, clearing $8.168M of 2018 cap with Pittsburgh (PIT)

How are the Stoolers able to do all this and still set aside enough cap money to cover injury settlements for their 2025 draft picks?

32 minutes ago, MichaelWeston said:

Does he really though? He & Landry are going to make an 0-16 team relevant?  I guess it depends on how long they have left on their contracts but generally, no, having even the best player in the NFL for 2-3 years isn't going to fix them.  

Browns getting Landry was a good move for them. Getting Taylor and Randall were poor moves where they overpaid. They seem locked in to Barkley and a QB, probably Darnold, with their high draft picks. So they should wait for free agency and sign a mentor type veteran like McCown or Bradford. Fortunately for us they didn't make the deals the Rams did for Talib and Peters. Give Gregg Williams CBs like those and they'd be formidable on defense. Of course they would still be coached by Hue and have a rookie QB.

4 minutes ago, sparky151 said:

Browns getting Landry was a good move for them. Getting Taylor and Randall were poor moves where they overpaid. They seem locked in to Barkley and a QB, probably Darnold, with their high draft picks. So they should wait for free agency and sign a mentor type veteran like McCown or Bradford. Fortunately for us they didn't make the deals the Rams did for Talib and Peters. Give Gregg Williams CBs like those and they'd be formidable on defense. Of course they would still be coached by Hue and have a rookie QB.

They gave up a backup QB they didn't want for a starting CB. 

If they are planning to start Randall, that's good news for us. Some of the new Browns front office guys came from Green Bay so they seem to be doubling down on their prior mistakes. Packers are terrible judges of DBs. They're the guys who let Casey Heyward walk so they could keep overpaying Matthews. 

The Browns still have the 1st and 4th picks and three 2nd rounders.  They're not hurting for draft picks.  Landry is a very good receiver and a clear upgrade over anyone on their roster.  Taylor gives them a bridge QB so they won't have to throw Darnold or another rookie to the wolves.   A game manager with mobility who rarely turns it over is much better than what they had last year,  IMO.  I don't know much about Randall but getting anything in exchange for a bum like Kizer qualifies as a win to me.  

Archived